XPO | What Time Do Your City Drivers Hit The Street

conway trucker

TB Lurker
Credits
WE HIT THE STREET EVERY MORNING NO EARLIER THAN 10:00-10:30. ALWAYS WAITING ON FREIGHT TO ARRIVE AT 09:00 OR LATER, THEN WE BREAK AND LOAD OUT, ITS LUNCH BEFORE WE GET TO OUR FRIST STOP.FOS THEN LOADS OUR PAGER WITH A TON OF PICKUPS BEFORE WE EVER LEAVE THE YARD.:chairshot:

We don't leave until 11:00-11:30. frieght doesn't show till between 9:30-10:30, as drivers are held by FOS at XDE. Have to pick up one driver at least twice a week for the last 3 mos.....I have a 50 min. drv to wrk, start at 10, and haven't left any earlier that 8:30 pm for the last 3 mos. Got home several nights after 11pm, once after midnight. Taxman is loving me!!

I've said it for years,... "you as the dsr decide how hard you're going to work". My experience in the city is, if you care....I'll drive you freaken crazy. You can't let them push you..they don't appreciate it. That's evident by the way they treat you if a customer calls in with a bs story, or if you have an accident.
Fact is if you let them see that you can get it done...you doomed to having to do it forever. They'll load you heavy and throw pick-ups at you while others coast. This night line-haul is like a vacation.

I've said it for years,... "you as the dsr decide how hard you're going to work". My experience in the city is, if you care....I'll drive you freaken crazy. You can't let them push you..they don't appreciate it. That's evident by the way they treat you if a customer calls in with a bs story, or if you have an accident.
Fact is if you let them see that you can get it done...you doomed to having to do it forever. They'll load you heavy and throw pick-ups at you while others coast. This night line-haul is like a vacation.
i totally agree !!! :beerchug:

Work the inbound shift, this morning 270 bills for 317,000 lbs all the 9:30 starts were gone by 10:00. We stay consistent with bill count and the time we get P&D on the street. SCM will have it no other way.

On the street!

:hide: I get out of the terminal between 8:30 and 9:00 almost every day. Once I leave the terminal I go around in circles for 4 hours, stop and eat lunch, then go around in circles for 4 more hours, then go home. I can only speak for myself, not other drivers. :smilie_132:

AMEN:1036316054:

BIG 10-4 :1036316054:

I clock at 9:00 and usually out at 9:40-9:45 with 10 or 11 stops, we do a million pounds every night... sometimes 2 mil.

:hide: Oh Geez!!!!! I totally forgot about NAP time, depending on the freight volume, there might be a nap included.:smilie_132:
If he is from a center I know of he my get busted for asking a police officer on a date on his lunch .

start at 10 am never on street till 11 am or after always waiting on xtm trucks i average between 19 and 22 stops a day our tm says every p&d driver should have 15 deliverys a day and do lunch between 4th and 6th hour of my day what a joke...

Down here at xci our city drivers average hitting the street around noon. Always waiting on us l/h drivers to arrive from the re-ship. Our average peddle run length is 150 miles and I don't see how the city drivers get it done. We are never on time to the re-ship! It just seems that the system stays in a constant state of being behind and we are not even what you would call busy. I feel that the system has needed to be modernized and made more efficient for a long time! I run a Southern re-ship and they are on 70 hours but can't comprehend why we are always in a bind because of our 60 hour week. Put out the ideas and maybe bubbleheads up north will get the hint someday before it is too late.