XPO | What to do

HeyBuddy

TB Lurker
Credits
Question, new driver, more than 3 mos. less than 6 with company. Is related to FOS. Fos & TM are tight, been buddies for some time, TM & new drvr are friends thru FOS. New drvr gets away with everything the rest of us can't and gets treated like the baby of the family. Spoiled. New drvr cannot qualify or get special ID now needed to cross border. Policy on this was hire on while appling for card, no card approval after 3 mos. and you are shown the door( happened already to previous drvr, got the card & re-hired). This drvr has no card, cannot and never will be approved for card. Flex wheel has a flat due to this, & people are getting screwed. What to do?

I thought a driver and FOS could not be related and work at the same terminal. Even in-laws. Correct me if I am wrong..

This company does what it wishes! Rumor around XAN is our macho man FOS made a sexual advance towards a male driver a few months ago and the TM never did anything about it. Then our great TM promoted his little church buddy who's 21 with no experience to our personal manager who just happens to be the same darker color. Both of these incidents happened before I started but having heard this stuff from guys with 5 - 10+ years I beleave it. I made this biggest mistake of my life coming here but I will be gone soon enough.

Not real sure of the policy on having relatives working at the same terminal,but rumor has it our TM and an FOS are cousins and a driver and another FOS are cuzzins too! I don't know how you would go about proving such a thing,but it doesn't concern me too much....yet. People talk and try to start problems and sometimes it is hard to seperate the pepper from the fly$@!# Good luck!:hysterical:

Here's a fact about Orlando Johns and Allentown Conway. He promoted a FAMILT FRIEND TO THE PERSONEL MANAGER! FACT! This same individual has no experience and has screwed up more paperwork for employees than I've ever witnessed before. This ****** is helping another ******!

Not to worried about relation , more concerned with the Fast card issue, and the fact that he has not been terminated as was a previous drvr. At the 90 day mark with no fast card he was shown the door. Not this new guy. Concerned about calling xgo, as it will cause some anger, possible nasty retribution...open door policy my butt!!

BTW, other drvr was re-hired, when he asked about this situation with new guy was told to mind his own business.

Not real sure of the policy on having relatives working at the same terminal,but rumor has it our TM and an FOS are cousins and a driver and another FOS are cuzzins too! I don't know how you would go about proving such a thing,but it doesn't concern me too much....yet. People talk and try to start problems and sometimes it is hard to seperate the pepper from the fly$@!# Good luck!:hysterical:

relatives can work in the same barn just so long as one of them is not a supervisor or in management which in this case it seems someone dropped the ball:hide:

Not to worried about relation , more concerned with the Fast card issue, and the fact that he has not been terminated as was a previous drvr. At the 90 day mark with no fast card he was shown the door. Not this new guy. Concerned about calling xgo, as it will cause some anger, possible nasty retribution...open door policy my butt!!

Email them without telling them who you are...go to one of the many web based emails create a name, fake all info in your account and have at it...be professional in your emails though...be brief, and to the point, include all your reasoning, your supportive claims, etc...and the catcher is, when you send the email send it to multiple managers...like for an example lastnamehere.michael(at)con-way.com as primary and a cc copy to say send a cc copy to whoever is in charge of the Canadian portion as well...see what the generates for ya...

another thing to do is...if it doesnt directly effect you...dont worry about it...that is since long ago the attitude I have..as example...someone has a truck backed up to the dock and is stealing everything in site..as long as that somebody doesnt take my bag with my smokes...i do not worry about it...conway beat that out of me..."what truck?" "what guy?"....:smilie_132:

BTW, other drvr was re-hired, when he asked about this situation with new guy was told to mind his own business.

Now if this is truly what happened....i do not for canadian laws, but that would seem like a harrassing/wrongful termination suit here in the US...one thing wonderful about here...the one rule must be enforced equally or not at all...otherwise it is singling out which is the sort of stuff strong litigation is made out of...

Email them without telling them who you are...go to one of the many web based emails create a name, fake all info in your account and have at it...be professional in your emails though...be brief, and to the point, include all your reasoning, your supportive claims, etc...and the catcher is, when you send the email send it to multiple managers...like for an example lastnamehere.michael(at)con-way.com as primary and a cc copy to say send a cc copy to whoever is in charge of the Canadian portion as well...see what the generates for ya...

another thing to do is...if it doesnt directly effect you...dont worry about it...that is since long ago the attitude I have..as example...someone has a truck backed up to the dock and is stealing everything in site..as long as that somebody doesnt take my bag with my smokes...i do not worry about it...conway beat that out of me..."what truck?" "what guy?"....:smilie_132:

Good post but I had to edit it to a point ... if you want to give him email addresses and if you have them please send Hey buddy them in a pm .. mind you ccxnobody ... i do not disagree with what you are doing .. and I know you are trying to help ... but there are some things in life called rules ..

If you do send an email as ccxnobody says, go to another town and use a library or internet cafe computer. NOT your own, can be traced through the ISP. Just saying. :1036316054:

relatives can work in the same barn just so long as one of them is not a supervisor or in management which in this case it seems someone dropped the ball:hide:

Question, new driver, more than 3 mos. less than 6 with company. Is related to FOS. Fos & TM are tight, been buddies for some time, TM & new drvr are friends thru FOS. New drvr gets away with everything the rest of us can't and gets treated like the baby of the family. Spoiled. New drvr cannot qualify or get special ID now needed to cross border. Policy on this was hire on while appling for card, no card approval after 3 mos. and you are shown the door( happened already to previous drvr, got the card & re-hired). This drvr has no card, cannot and never will be approved for card. Flex wheel has a flat due to this, & people are getting screwed. What to do?
Same goes on at my terminal, and here I thought my TM was the only one! :nutkick:

cheeseaters

I've seen favoritism everywhere I've worked but it sticks out glaringly at conway because of the way it contrasts against the treatment of the non favorites. If your a buttkisser and/or ratfink, you go farther at the big C.

Nepotism

I've seen favoritism everywhere I've worked but it sticks out glaringly at conway because of the way it contrasts against the treatment of the non favorites. If your a buttkisser and/or ratfink, you go farther at the big C.

Nepotism Definition
Simply put, the definition of nepotism is favoring relatives. Nepotism in the workplace occurs when employers favor relatives in making employment decisions, with little to no regard for anything but kinship.
Nepotism

Isn't there an ethics hotline where you can remain annonymous setup just for these type of situations?

I would suggest a phone call.

Nepotism Definition
Simply put, the definition of nepotism is favoring relatives. Nepotism in the workplace occurs when employers favor relatives in making employment decisions, with little to no regard for anything but kinship.
Nepotism

I didn't use the word "nepotism" anywhere in my post. If your inferring that I used the word favoritism out of context then I must counter that nepotism is a form of favoritism.
Now here's my word for the day out of my Webster's Dictionary.
know-it-all: one who claims to know everything : one who disdains advice.