Central Transport | What up at Raleigh NC terminal

Popswasnatlman

TB Lurker
Credits
Word has it there has been a mutiny at RAL to some degree, getting info second hand so will say that up front. Was told that most all dock workers walked off and some city drivers as well as some management as well. Told they are backed up about a weeks worth of inbound and have brought in cartage to help deliver. Wow, that ain't no way to lower your O.R. is it? Also heard SPC is all boogered up again and DET is still a mess despite having manager and asst manager plus Jared the Great from TOL helping out. Video was CK telling all how closing the west was the best thing since sliced bread, seriously? Spin, spin and more spin.

Are you carrying a heavy burden??? Sorry, dumb question because after all you still work for Vitran. At least for a little while longer until they go ahead and put us out of our misery.

from what I have seen all the terminals are screwed up.contract carriers hauling the freight because vitran cannot find drivers to work for them.at my terminal they are going to truck driving schools trying to recruit drivers right out of the schools.our new t.m quit.. he lasted only our bill count has gone from 350 a day to 150 a day. we also have lost one month and now we are getting drivers from pitt coming down each week to run p and d. nothing will ever change here until the pay better wages,benefits and equipment to attract good drivers and employees.you cant run a trucking company from behind a computer.
Word has it there has been a mutiny at RAL to some degree, getting info second hand so will say that up front. Was told that most all dock workers walked off and some city drivers as well as some management as well. Told they are backed up about a weeks worth of inbound and have brought in cartage to help deliver. Wow, that ain't no way to lower your O.R. is it? Also heard SPC is all boogered up again and DET is still a mess despite having manager and asst manager plus Jared the Great from TOL helping out. Video was CK telling all how closing the west was the best thing since sliced bread, seriously? Spin, spin and more spin.

from what I have seen all the terminals are screwed up.contract carriers hauling the freight because vitran cannot find drivers to work for them.at my terminal they are going to truck driving schools trying to recruit drivers right out of the schools.our new t.m quit.. he lasted only our bill count has gone from 350 a day to 150 a day. we also have lost one month and now we are getting drivers from pitt coming down each week to run p and d. nothing will ever change here until the pay better wages,benefits and equipment to attract good drivers and employees.you cant run a trucking company from behind a computer.
But you sure as hell can manipulate the numbers.

RAL has been screwed up for 6 plus weeks. They are so far behind right now that I am being told that customers are being told that pickups are 4 days behind and so are del's. I heard the terminal manager got the boot today. This is not a new problem, they have been really bad for a long time, but nobody cared.

RAL has been screwed up for 6 plus weeks. They are so far behind right now that I am being told that customers are being told that pickups are 4 days behind and so are del's. I heard the terminal manager got the boot today. This is not a new problem, they have been really bad for a long time, but nobody cared.

now's the time to ask for platinum service. lol..

RAL manager didn't leave, she was fired Friday. 2 regional managers are there now cleaning up. Freight in trailers sitting in the yard soaking wet.
A lot is destroyed. 3 weeks behind.
How the F do you let a terminal get that backed up with out getting involved??????
Oh, yours Vitran..that's how

I said she got the boot....which i thought meant fired. The regional manager is the next head thats going to roll. I am guessing 2-3 weeks....but I have been wrong before.