XPO | What was that called again???

Not to sound too much like G.I. Joe or something , but XPO is your company as much as anyone else. You may not agree with everything ( as far as solutions ) that coworkers come up with but , I get the sense that you want XPO to succeed.

I cannot tell you what to do ( nor would I try ) however I will say that you can do something. Point out these bad apples and stay on management to do their job. Make sure those around you know the correct and safe way to do their job. And finally , be a good example of what you expect in others.

I know it sounds corny , but honestly , these jobs in LTL aren't hard , it's ignorant people that pose the biggest uphill battle. Once you have decent people the job isn't bad at all. If they aren't decent make them decent.

Hard to hire decent people when this is no longer a decent job. People that want better can have better pretty easily. In the industry, we are barely middle of the pack any more. And jobs outside the industry have caught up or passed us. We don't even get the scraps. We get the rejects. The dock hand of tomorrow is serving fries right now. Waiting for a DWI to clear so they can get a license and have a car to get to work again. There are winners and success stories from all walks of life. But the odds of picking the right one out of that pool is bleak.

But man the "I Don't Give A F##K attitude is rampant here" Last week I saw a trailer at the FAC that had a 1,000lbs skid ontop of a single drum of oil. The drum was all f##ked up and crushed down. I was surprised it didn't split open. I looked in my handheld to see were the trailer came from and to no surprise it came from XTJ.
I have spent many night reloading trailer and trying to take care of the customers freight some nights with no avail. I see dockworks and drivers too lazy to get there fat lazy azz the forklift.
We all wander why the customer is pissed

Apathy is a real problem. So many have left. And really good people. It's disheartening.

We have been begging for performance bonuses paid out in PTO.

If you make your P&D workload or ETA ( line haul must make it to the FAC on time and return to the home terminal on time ) for the week. No accidents or violations. You earn 1/2 an hour.

If you make your dock efficiency for a week. No injuries. You get 1/2 an hour.

Chance to earn an hour a week PTO. If you are eager you could get another weeks vacation in a years time. 52 weeks would get 52 hours. But obviously during vacation weeks you don't earn any score. Dock hands would only be able to get 26 hours. Hostlers would be out of luck. There are some down sides. But people get to choose what they bid. And if you get a bad bid. You know the answer. Should have hired in sooner.

Gives drivers a reason to want to go out on the dock and break one every night and do it with out goofing off. Would also get more loads back more quickly. Without costing the company any actual money. I know PTO is still paid out. But it's an internal cost. Maybe some day management will see the light on this. PTO is what motivates us.
Good idea, but we know too easily they would change the way we acrue merit PTO and put people in a position (I wanted to use force) to cut corners to make efficiency. Then others would be crying about how high speeds and smokin joe have easier than they do and earn more PTO. This is why we all get the same raise, PTO after years of service. There is absolutely no reward for individual effort or performance.

Apathy is a real problem. So many have left. And really good people. It's disheartening.
One big problem is the new hires get stuck on LH and never see a pissed off customer or hear then yell and tell you that the company you work for sucks. I been there many time and the one thing I hated doing was delivering **** up freight. The same old excuses don't work anymore because every delivery they get is screwed up.