What we really want

truckchick1

TB Veteran
Credits
All that most of us wants is for the company to come to terms that the union is here to stay. We all need to work (just a given). But we need ohfl to sign a contract that we can all live with. Give us back our pension (which is substandard in the trucking industry to begin with) we want our teamster medical back, we want our sick days and we want our senority honored. This crap of handing out warning letters because a pro number doesn't show up on the the new hand helds is just more harassment. They go down more than they work (another fine expenditure). How can this be so hard for many people to figure out. The attitude of just be thankful you have a job with no governs for the the people you work for just floors me. I guess this comes from people who are used to working for $12.50 per hour so when ohfl offered $20 they thought they hit the bonanza. 157 days and still strong.

All that most of us wants is for the company to come to terms that the union is here to stay. We all need to work (just a given). But we need ohfl to sign a contract that we can all live with. Give us back our pension (which is substandard in the trucking industry to begin with) we want our teamster medical back, we want our sick days and we want our senority honored. This crap of handing out warning letters because a pro number doesn't show up on the the new hand helds is just more harassment. They go down more than they work (another fine expenditure). How can this be so hard for many people to figure out. The attitude of just be thankful you have a job with no governs for the the people you work for just floors me. I guess this comes from people who are used to working for $12.50 per hour so when ohfl offered $20 they thought they hit the bonanza. 157 days and still strong.

Amen to that! The company likes to waste money hand over fist, on one poor idea after another (remember optimizing, and the big joke that was), and yet they don't want to be fair to the good employees that they already had. Where did these fools learn their business sence from? It certainly wasn't dear ol dad! Maybe they were swapped at birth?:duh:

I'd like to see management held responsible for their own actions and mistakes, for them to be expected to have slightly higher standards than the employees they are supposedly to supervise. To spend working hours working not watching sports clips on the internet, looking at adult sites on the internet, or showing up for work thankful you didn't get a DUI on your way in to supervise others the whole time stuffing Altoids in your mouth afraid someone might smell your breath as you tell them how to do their jobs.
A nice contract would be nice ( but doubtful ) but the weakest link (mgmt) is still in place.

I'd like to see management held responsible for their own actions and mistakes, for them to be expected to have slightly higher standards than the employees they are supposedly to supervise. To spend working hours working not watching sports clips on the internet, looking at adult sites on the internet, or showing up for work thankful you didn't get a DUI on your way in to supervise others the whole time stuffing Altoids in your mouth afraid someone might smell your breath as you tell them how to do their jobs.
A nice contract would be nice ( but doubtful ) but the weakest link (mgmt) is still in place.

That would certainly be a something new! Management held accountable? here are a few that do a good job (or atleast used to) but the ones that you are speaking of seem to use the good ones for the fall guys when it is time for heads to roll, and their supervivors are stupid enough to let it continue.

Thats a crock! I was paid 21.75 hr. by my old co. (which was not union)and still say you guys are a bunch of spoiled children. I've been in the LTL business for 20 yrs now and I'm thankful for you teamsters in one way...where we once entertained the idea of a union rep., I'm so glad we didnt do it! They dont really seem to do a darn thing but get you guys all riled up and then go nowhere with it. OHFL simply doesnt want to be pulled around but the nose ring any longer, and you guys have just simply pushed it to far. Look at you now, all that time picketing, and NOW your willing to just go with what you had in the first place???? Really, if your that unhappy with a paycheck, move on! Go find somewhere else that will be content with your whining, the whole lot of you. People will be there to replace you within 24 hours, bet on it!!

Thats a crock! I was paid 21.75 hr. by my old co. (which was not union)and still say you guys are a bunch of spoiled children. I've been in the LTL business for 20 yrs now and I'm thankful for you teamsters in one way...where we once entertained the idea of a union rep., I'm so glad we didnt do it! They dont really seem to do a darn thing but get you guys all riled up and then go nowhere with it. OHFL simply doesnt want to be pulled around but the nose ring any longer, and you guys have just simply pushed it to far. Look at you now, all that time picketing, and NOW your willing to just go with what you had in the first place???? Really, if your that unhappy with a paycheck, move on! Go find somewhere else that will be content with your whining, the whole lot of you. People will be there to replace you within 24 hours, bet on it!!
maybe when the nlrb gets tired of all the charges against ohfl this will be settled. We are willing to wait.

first of all we were alway willing to work under what we already had we went out on ulp's and with the intent of keeping what we had not going backwards and if your happy making 12.75 then good for you

Second of all if you had been working for a union shop maybe you would srill be getting your supposed $21.75, and I guess you prefer being lead around by the company by your nose ring.
We simply wanted to keep what we had, not move back a couple of decades. I guess you don't care about things that would further destroy the hard working middle class, though even though it would also filter over to the non-union sector as well. I guess some are just simply to blind to realize such simple facts as this.

who really cares accept you.

Good for you I agree with you.

who really cares accept you.

I know of several people who care. They simply are not as self centered as certain individuals. There are the Teamsters that the company is trying to railroad, and provoke, as well as many of the customers that still do not wish to ship with joke harbor until the have a signed agreement.
Not to mention the non-union companies that are hoping joke harbors plan works so that they can screw over their employees as well. But I guess you didn't think about that part. You just care about you, and can't even see the writing on the wall, which is your choice. The working middle class is already struggling, and blind individuals are willing to be lead around like sheep, and let it continue. It's a sad day when people don't even have the backbone to stand up for what is right any more.

The time is ripe, there's alot of inexpensive equipment available. With all the Union and customer support you all have, now's the time to put it to good use. Get together, use all that pent up rage and start your own company. You hate the VP's so much, become their competitors. You and the Union could write your own contract togther as an employee owned company and no one would have to lose out.

That'll never happen, how would the Union steal, I mean "administer" the pension funds. Who would the teamsters complain to? They can file ULP's against each other. Step up and put your money where your mouth is Teamsters, start your own business and see how easy it is.

They can't afford to after all the games the company they work for has been playing. Maybe they'll get lucky and inherit one from their daddy, then they won't need to earn it at all!!!

That'll never happen, how would the Union steal, I mean "administer" the pension funds. Who would the teamsters complain to? They can file ULP's against each other. Step up and put your money where your mouth is Teamsters, start your own business and see how easy it is.

They can't afford to after all the games the company they work for has been playing. Maybe they'll get lucky and inherit one from their daddy, then they won't need to earn it at all!!!
If we could all be so lucky. Then maybe we would see how easy it is to **** away millions.

Company's love non educated people like you. You have no clue that these days it is not all about the hourly wage. It is important but the real value is in a good H&W plan and a pension. Pension keeps on rolling while all of the 401K's out there have hit rock bottom. Or have they? Oh wait nobody knows where their 401K will end up.

As we have all seen, even with the total compensated hourly rate of each Oak Harbor employee well over $30.00 per hour, the company somehow managed to put away millions of millions of dollars to take on the Teamsters. Think about that. How much is your employer stashing away, getting extremely wealthy, while you are breaking your back? The Teamsters at Oak Harbor did not break the company. Their work allowed the company to use the money they made on the backs of hard working people, and turn right around and stab them in the back. Disgraceful. The company is greedy and wants more and more. THEY MADE MILLIONS ON THE BACKS OF THE TEAMSTERS. The employees of Oak Harbor were not asking for huge pay raises or anything. They wanted what other company's can afford to pay their employees that do the same job. IT IS NOT THE EMPLOYEES OF OAK HARBOR'S FAULT THAT MANY OF YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL YOUR SOUL TO A DEVIL. They stood up to the devil. Just because some of you are not willing to stand up and take on a fight, and want others to do that fight for you, you should applaud them, not try to bring them down. They weren't just fighting for themselves, they were fighting for all of us, union and non-union alike.
:bowdown:

Company's love non educated people like you. You have no clue that these days it is not all about the hourly wage. It is important but the real value is in a good H&W plan and a pension. Pension keeps on rolling while all of the 401K's out there have hit rock bottom. Or have they? Oh wait nobody knows where their 401K will end up.

As we have all seen, even with the total compensated hourly rate of each Oak Harbor employee well over $30.00 per hour, the company somehow managed to put away millions of millions of dollars to take on the Teamsters. Think about that. How much is your employer stashing away, getting extremely wealthy, while you are breaking your back? The Teamsters at Oak Harbor did not break the company. Their work allowed the company to use the money they made on the backs of hard working people, and turn right around and stab them in the back. Disgraceful. The company is greedy and wants more and more. THEY MADE MILLIONS ON THE BACKS OF THE TEAMSTERS. The employees of Oak Harbor were not asking for huge pay raises or anything. They wanted what other company's can afford to pay their employees that do the same job. IT IS NOT THE EMPLOYEES OF OAK HARBOR'S FAULT THAT MANY OF YOU ARE WILLING TO SELL YOUR SOUL TO A DEVIL. They stood up to the devil. Just because some of you are not willing to stand up and take on a fight, and want others to do that fight for you, you should applaud them, not try to bring them down. They weren't just fighting for themselves, they were fighting for all of us, union and non-union alike.
:bowdown:

And they didn't ask you to work for them... You asked them to hire you. It floors me the entitlement you teamsters think you deserve. They own the company.. why should they not profit off of the work of their employees? This is what is wrong with the picture:
You accepted the job working for them
How could you possibly feel the right to dictate to them how they should operate, or how much they should share with you?
If you don't like the deal, leave. plain and simple.

Imagine hiring a plumber, them doing a job ata set rate.
You now need more work done and the plumber says "sure I'll do the work, but not at the old wage, and not with the same conditions." The new conditions will cost you more money and take funds away from other household expenses. Would just blindly accept the new costs, or would you find a cheaper plumber, who can do the same job, with the same end result?

Just go back to work adapt to the changing environment. Stop feeling entitled to more than you deserve. You deserve to come to work, and get a paycheck. Any thing else is "BENEFIT" that the company provides. They know that with less benefits they will lose some of you, but the cost vs. benefit must keep the business profitable.

And lastly, do some economic research. The millions that the company has to set aside is coming from something else. Further reducing the "profitability" of the company. Profitability and profit are 2 different things. The company may make a lot of money, but if you spend all of that money the company has no profitability and will fail.