What we really want

Your excuse for attacking ohfl employees is pretty lame. It looks like to me that you are a **** trying to justify why you are here.

That is what ***** do. They try to justify their reasons to kiss the as**s of management, stab their fellow workers in the back and find ways to discredit the people that protect the rights they would complain about to no end, if those rights weren't there. They don't understand that company's did not just stand by and say OK we will just let the government impose the 40 hour overetime law on us or any of the other hundreds of labor laws. No these company's foughjt hard for those laws to not be there. If there was nobody to help the workers lobby for these protections, they wouldn't be there or they would disappear, one at a time, just like Oak Harbor is trying to do the contract.

The ***** have a closed mind and will never get it!!!! You know why? Because they are selfish and will not listen. They only care about themselves and refuse to listen to anything other than what they think is right. That my friends sounds like someone who is ignorant.

No there isn't a company forum on here, and i post as an interested 3rd party.

if you are so against 3rd parties being involved between employers and employees then why are you here. we vote for our 3rd party reps so please butt out your a hypocrite you came here uninvited start a page for your company show a little interest for the company you work for were union and proud to be you are happy being non union and that is fine for you . if you want to debate union vs non there is a forum for that at the bottom of the page choose the right forums :ranting2:

"...It has been proven that they did bargain fairly, apparently you refuse to accept the decision by the NLRB. (But if it was in your favor I'm sure you would praise them)

They did put an offer on the table. So vote on it and start to rebuild. Or is the local not ready to let you vote for some other reason?"

First of all, you are so ignorant of the basic facts surrounding this strike and labor contract, one wonders why you continue to spout off and show just how limited your knowledge is.

First of all, the surface bargaining charge was based on a single negotiating session which was convened after the union members walked out on strike.

Secondly, there is no offer on the table. They never did lay down a last, best final offer. Nor have they countered or responded on the last two of the union's offers. They have only offered a possibility of a vague concept of an offer with no time frame as to when they will get it to us.

Thirdly, there is not ONE local involved in this labor agreement, but what... twelve locals, I think? And the members always vote on their agreements, and also on their strike authorizations.

Unlike most corporate environments, unions actually promote a democratic way of doing things. OHFL is more fascist than most, but they certainly have never shown much interest in teamwork or anything remotely democratic, other than lip service.

You have no idea of the long history or interplay between the union, the company or the family. You have no idea of the particulars of the lengthy and protracted negotiations before the strike. You don't have any clue of what happened in the last labor agreement, which has at least some bearing on what happened this labor agreement.

Look, if you want to look the fool, continue on the path you are on. Better yet, why don't you try listening a bit more instead of spouting off about things you clearly know nothing about?

Shift,

The brothers have come down to CA several times stating that back in September they expected a vote up or down on the LB&F offer, but were disappointed by the decision of a strike in lieu of a vote.

What will it take for an offer to get to the members for a vote?

Shift,

The brothers have come down to CA several times stating that back in September they expected a vote up or down on the LB&F offer, but were disappointed by the decision of a strike in lieu of a vote.

What will it take for an offer to get to the members for a vote?
For starters the spoiled greedy owners need to bargain in good faith instead of "we will get back to you in the future with a concept of what the company considers an agreeable contract".
Possibly responding to the last TWO union proposals may have helped as well, simply braganing FAIRLY would help a great deal too..... The brothers are still wanting to play by their rules, and racking up more charges, and making it more impossible for the REAL workers to try to salvage what is left with every passing day. The spoiled boys would rather sit back, and let joak harbor continue in it's downward death roll than admit that they were wrong, or have lost than come up with a FAIR offer!:TR10driving03:

For starters the spoiled greedy owners need to bargain in good faith instead of "we will get back to you in the future with a concept of what the company considers an agreeable contract".
Possibly responding to the last TWO union proposals may have helped as well, simply braganing FAIRLY would help a great deal too..... The brothers are still wanting to play by their rules, and racking up more charges, and making it more impossible for the REAL workers to try to salvage what is left with every passing day. The spoiled boys would rather sit back, and let joak harbor continue in it's downward death roll than admit that they were wrong, or have lost than come up with a FAIR offer!:TR10driving03:

Man you guys just dont get it.

There will be no contract. Period.

Thank you Fed Ex Freight. Thank you Conway. Thank you R&L. et f'n c.

Man you guys just dont get it.

There will be no contract. Period.

Thank you Fed Ex Freight. Thank you Conway. Thank you R&L. et f'n c.

your statement just proved the fact they do not want to negotiate fairly thanks, the nlrb would be glad to see this. the nlrb decision that replacements had to go appears to me to mean they have no other option here but to negotiate a contract.

Under the circumstances, what would you consider a FAIR offer? Most companies have had to ask for concessions from employees to stay afloat. Under the current circumstances, If OAKH were to offer no increase and keep everything the the way it had been, whould that be acceptable? All the statements that I have been seeing, is that OAKH is sliding into the depths and may not rebound. So the argument that they are greedy and have plenty of money must go out the window, because one contradicts the other. Increases in anything at this point, is surely not in the cards. So will the union and membership only accept an offer that includes increases and if so, why? If you are expecting an offer that promises something they know they can not provide and will put the company in jepordy, what you are asking for, can not be considered FAIR barganing! It stands to reason, do not ask for a contract that will only lead to driving the company into the ground. Winning is not getting everything you want only to be un-employed 6 months to a year later because the company tried to stretch further with less.

Under the circumstances, what would you consider a FAIR offer? Most companies have had to ask for concessions from employees to stay afloat. Under the current circumstances, If OAKH were to offer no increase and keep everything the the way it had been, whould that be acceptable? All the statements that I have been seeing, is that OAKH is sliding into the depths and may not rebound. So the argument that they are greedy and have plenty of money must go out the window, because one contradicts the other. Increases in anything at this point, is surely not in the cards. So will the union and membership only accept an offer that includes increases and if so, why? If you are expecting an offer that promises something they know they can not provide and will put the company in jepordy, what you are asking for, can not be considered FAIR barganing! It stands to reason, do not ask for a contract that will only lead to driving the company into the ground. Winning is not getting everything you want only to be un-employed 6 months to a year later because the company tried to stretch further with less.

Increases were never really the issue. We simply wanted to retain what we had, but the greedy (yes greedy) owners started out with nothing but take aways, and are still standing by that stance as near as I can tell. That was BEFORE the economy took a dump! If you recall we had been working WITH OUT A CONTRACT since October of 07. The Union had been trying to bargain IN GOOD FAITH but the spoiled brats refuse to do so even now. Apparently you missed that part.
As for the death roll of joak harbor the brothers put the company there simply by refusing to come to a FAIR agreement. All the brothers want to do is take! If they would have simply left us in the Teamsters pension and health care (which the Union offered them a cheaper plan than the companies own plan, and they refused to even look at). By the way how much do you think the greedy brothers stand to make off of that? Which is the ONLY reason I can see for not taking a medical plan that would actually save you money as far as cost goes.
They also wanted to take away sick pay. They would cash out the sick pay banks at a rediculous rate of about 8 hours of every 7 days (I think).

this all started well befor the economic downturn .
before we even started negotiating the last contract they were trying to take away our benefits and pension now unless they have a crystal ball and can see into the future we have to assume that it is greed .
it is a control and money issue but not because they are financialy unstable remember they refuse to open their books they hav'nt cried poor mouth just GREED.
unfortunately we have come to know the vanderfools too well they are not to be trusted . we JUST want to MAINTAIN what we already have if it came down to an economic issue increases would've had to wait but they have too prove that they in a finacial hardship .

this all started well befor the economic downturn .
before we even started negotiating the last contract they were trying to take away our benefits and pension now unless they have a crystal ball and can see into the future we have to assume that it is greed .
it is a control and money issue but not because they are financialy unstable remember they refuse to open their books they hav'nt cried poor mouth just GREED.
unfortunately we have come to know the vanderfools too well they are not to be trusted . we JUST want to MAINTAIN what we already have if it came down to an economic issue increases would've had to wait but they have too prove that they in a finacial hardship .

Yes, the contract was up in Oct of 07, but I don't think it started before the downturn of the economy. OAKH has never really had great numbers, almost always running in the mid to high 90's for an OR, but profitable. While back in Oct of 07, you may not have recognized the downturn, it was already evident in the numbers and the company accountants were probably warning that cuts would have to be made if sales did not improve, (which did work out to be the truth). While I do not agree with the sick leave issue, I do know that the abuse was very wide spread and should have been cracked down on, which would then lead to grievences and more issues that at a time of nagotiations isn't very conducive to buisness at hand.
I think that at the present time and under the present circumstances, everyone needs to step back from the table, cool off, allow the economy to turn around and then reapproach the whole issue with clearer heads.

sorry 8ball but this started at the previous contract it has been an up hill battle for quite some time even when we were in a booming economy so that excuse just wont fly i will have to agree with you that the sales department was slacking but we were doing our part to bring in more customers everyday the sales team is just sloppy when it comes to following up on sales leads i only know of 1 salesman that will go out of his way to check on a sales lead but 1 just isnt gonna cut it in todays market oakh has let a lot of good sales people go over the last few years and it has come back to bite them in the rear

I do not believe the numbers. Regardless of how good a company manages their money, they cannot open as many terminals and hire more people at those terminals, and upgrade new information equiptment with the kind of OR that they have always posted. I believe they have to have a huge amount of cash reserves that have always been kept secret, I believe no one will ever know the truth, they wont open books. they brought this on themselves, they had no real reason (they were not hurting financially)to make such drastic changes in their proposal so when the strike was called they should have agreed to the status quo and it would have been signed. what they really wanted was for us to come crawling back begging for our jobs as non union employees and then they would be rid of the union. look at the obvious you do not spend money so aggressively when business levels drop as they did once the strike was called. spend, spend, spendwas all they did security, wasted fuel, paying more than wages, hotels, flights to get them here, the list has to go on and on. they wasted so much money it is clear to anyone over the age of 5 their goal was to eliminate the union. ANYONE WHO CANNOT SEE THIS IS EITHER BLIND TO REALITY (I DID NOT SAY TRUTH ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE IT AS TRUTH) OR BLISSFULLY IGNORANT AND NIEVE one cannot blame the union for picking a fight with a bully, but one can blame the company, as i do, for not trying to break up that fight once it started. again it is now painfully clear they had no intention of breaking up that fight they were just relying that the nlrb would do it for them. that one they lost! All I have said does not need to be proven, all one has to do is look at the reality of it all