What we really want

JC - the last best and final offer from OakH that the teamsters leadership deemed "unvoteable" is no longer on the table. The company rescinded the duration clause after the strike began (I forget when exactly) which, in essence, takes that particular offer off the table.

It has been proven that they did bargain fairly, apparently you refuse to accept the decision by the NLRB. (But if it was in your favor I'm sure you would praise them)

They did put an offer on the table. So vote on it and start to rebuild. Or is the local not ready to let you vote for some other reason?
Apparently, you are not smart enought to understand that yes one of the cases has been found not to have merrit (although I do not really understand how). However there are three that were files at the same time that did have merrit, and there are more that have been filed, and more that have yet to be filed. Not to just get a ruling that the teamsters want, but because joak harbor has committed that many violations.
As for the offer that the tyrants put on the table? It is not an offer but a joke, and I for one will NEVER vote for any such contract that takes away MUCH more than it offers. If you knew anything at all about this from the start the tyrants offerd nothing to improve, all they offered was to take everything that they could. Do your home work boy.

JC - the last best and final offer from OakH that the teamsters leadership deemed "unvoteable" is no longer on the table. The company rescinded the duration clause after the strike began (I forget when exactly) which, in essence, takes that particular offer off the table.

I realize that, and i hope you did when you went on strike. Go on strike, all bets are off. SOP

Apparently, you are not smart enought to understand that yes one of the cases has been found not to have merrit (although I do not really understand how). However there are three that were files at the same time that did have merrit, and there are more that have been filed, and more that have yet to be filed. Not to just get a ruling that the teamsters want, but because joak harbor has committed that many violations.
As for the offer that the tyrants put on the table? It is not an offer but a joke, and I for one will NEVER vote for any such contract that takes away MUCH more than it offers. If you knew anything at all about this from the start the tyrants offerd nothing to improve, all they offered was to take everything that they could. Do your home work boy.

Boy? You make me laugh. The one who needs his daddy to fight his fight.

So don't vote and give up your job. Seems pretty simple.

Time will tell on the charges, but my money is on the company. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, maybe i won't. Time will tell. It's in the hands of the NLRB (or will be once the union files these other phantom claims)

I can tell that there is no convinceing the die hards how they are being led astray by the union. If you truly feel that the path you are on is right, have at it. Just be willing to accept the consequences, which may include something ranging in accepting the same offer (or less), or losing your job that you chose to walk away from.

But for those that are not die hards and don't buy into this whole mentality of "I'll never vote for that". Really, REALLLY look inot who you are following, and are they REALLY looking out for you, or are they looking out for their revenue stream.

Every accusation against the company can now be said for the union. They are willing to risk your financial security (which yes, may be less this year than last) to ensure their's is secure.

They will use you, as bargaining power against other companies. They will spin your loss into a win to recruit more members that cannot stand on their own work ethic.

I know, i know... I'm wrong. I guess I just think to independantly and see truth differently than you.

How about this, I'm right in my mind...
You're right in your mind...

We can both sleep well in our confidence, and those that rely on us for security and protection can know we did everything we could to provide for them.

Sound good? (and that goes for everyone here, if we all believe that then we're good to go)

Oh yeah, one more thing.... Sorry for not being smart enough.

Time will tell on the charges, but my money is on the company. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, maybe i won't. Time will tell. It's in the hands of the NLRB (or will be once the union files these other phantom claims)

I can tell that there is no convinceing the die hards how they are being led astray by the union. If you truly feel that the path you are on is right, have at it. Just be willing to accept the consequences, which may include something ranging in accepting the same offer (or less), or losing your job that you chose to walk away from.

But for those that are not die hards and don't buy into this whole mentality of "I'll never vote for that". Really, REALLLY look inot who you are following, and are they REALLY looking out for you, or are they looking out for their revenue stream.

Every accusation against the company can now be said for the union. They are willing to risk your financial security (which yes, may be less this year than last) to ensure their's is secure.

They will use you, as bargaining power against other companies. They will spin your loss into a win to recruit more members that cannot stand on their own work ethic.

I know, i know... I'm wrong. I guess I just think to independantly and see truth differently than you.

We can both sleep well in our confidence, and those that rely on us for security and protection can know we did everything we could to provide for them.

Sound good? (and that goes for everyone here, if we all believe that then we're good to go)

Sir my hat is off to you. You do see things with a fresh eye and want to thank you for thoughts that you have shared. Thanks.

thats pretty harsh kev oh i mean major trucker or is it major ops mngr i'm not sad just seem too have some extra time on my hands maybe i'll find a hobby to keep me busy but my opinion of these greedy company owners will not change they think they can give me a couple of lame choices to choose from and then when there is a problem they can tell me i picked the wrong one well i got news for you guys if it aint broke dont fix it

Okay I opologize for sounding harsh. Also I am not Kev. But you need to lighten up on being so angry/bitter. OAKH and the owners as well as all of us employees really are a great bunch. But the fact still reams the teamsters are making suckers out all its members and they don't even realize it they are so brainwashed..

I suspect there will be more ULP complaints because as long as a complaint is pending, decertification votes are not allowed. So yes the union will file more complaints, they cannot afford not to.

First of all my daddy has nothing to do with this, and I fight my own fights. However I am sure of he were still around he would support my decision right, or wrong. I guess you are a little insecure thinking my Dad has anything to do with this.
As for phantom claims... the union has won more than it has lost...... doesn't sound very phantom to me.
As for not voting for a contract..... not when all it does is take away from the employee, there is a rewson it is called bargaining, it is a give and take situation not the company takes, and the working force gives.
You are right we can agree to disagree that is one thing that is for certain. You will continue to suck up to the vanderfools, and I will continue to fight for the workers. I can sleep just fine.
With the death roll the company is in now it's only a matter of time. Yes the bill count has picked up because of the teamsters returning to work, but management mentality has not changed one bit (other than for the worse). The brothers wasted enough money being bull headed, and greedy that joak harbors days are numbered. Just riding out the storm until I find something better or they close the doors. Keeping my moth shut and document, document, document. More ammo for the NLRB.

Okay I opologize for sounding harsh. Also I am not Kev. But you need to lighten up on being so angry/bitter. OAKH and the owners as well as all of us employees really are a great bunch. But the fact still reams the teamsters are making suckers out all its members and they don't even realize it they are so brainwashed..

The teamsters are not making suckers out of us. The VP's are! They claim poverty. They haven't shown us any concessions in their lifestyle.

were you trying to say that the company is still trying to ream the teamsters as for being a great bunch i have yet to see that as it is hard to see by the actions they have engaged in for the last couple of years you say we are brainwashed i say you company guys are brainwashed p.s you sure sound like kev w.

for someone who isnt affiliated with oakh you sure are quick to jump on the company reteric :shit:wagon. curious as to why all your postings are on the oakh page if your not affiliated why did you join this forum do you not have a company forum to post on

There a few Kev's are you talking Dist mgr or the one caught surfing adult sites on the company computer while working? or someone else.

for someone who isnt affiliated with oakh you sure are quick to jump on the company reteric :shit:wagon. curious as to why all your postings are on the oakh page if your not affiliated why did you join this forum do you not have a company forum to post on

No there isn't a company forum on here, and i post as an interested 3rd party.

First of all my daddy has nothing to do with this, and I fight my own fights. However I am sure of he were still around he would support my decision right, or wrong. I guess you are a little insecure thinking my Dad has anything to do with this.
As for phantom claims... the union has won more than it has lost...... doesn't sound very phantom to me.
As for not voting for a contract..... not when all it does is take away from the employee, there is a rewson it is called bargaining, it is a give and take situation not the company takes, and the working force gives.
You are right we can agree to disagree that is one thing that is for certain. You will continue to suck up to the vanderfools, and I will continue to fight for the workers. I can sleep just fine.
With the death roll the company is in now it's only a matter of time. Yes the bill count has picked up because of the teamsters returning to work, but management mentality has not changed one bit (other than for the worse). The brothers wasted enough money being bull headed, and greedy that joak harbors days are numbered. Just riding out the storm until I find something better or they close the doors. Keeping my moth shut and document, document, document. More ammo for the NLRB.

OK literal guy...
I did not mean your actual Dad...
I was using daddy to refer to the Union...
Did you really not get that? That my friend, explains a lot of your posts. You don't get it.

And, more importantly, you have defined every worthless teamster. Riding it out until you find something better or they close the doors. And you think you are worth any kind of respect?

Thanks for clarifying who i am talking. You sir, deserve to be left on the street so the company doesn't have to put up with you "riding it out" Maybe the company would care more if you went in and said "I'm going to bust my *** to prove my worth" And don't tell me you used to bust your ***, because I won't believe you, not after that comment.

And if you sleep just fine, I feel for your family who relies on you.

You go ahead and keep riding it out. I hope you NEVER find anything better, and I have sympathy for whomever hires you now, and any of your cronies like you... Slacker

OK literal guy...
I did not mean your actual Dad...
I was using daddy to refer to the Union...
Did you really not get that? That my friend, explains a lot of your posts. You don't get it.

And, more importantly, you have defined every worthless teamster. Riding it out until you find something better or they close the doors. And you think you are worth any kind of respect?

Thanks for clarifying who i am talking. You sir, deserve to be left on the street so the company doesn't have to put up with you "riding it out" Maybe the company would care more if you went in and said "I'm going to bust my *** to prove my worth" And don't tell me you used to bust your ***, because I won't believe you, not after that comment.

And if you sleep just fine, I feel for your family who relies on you.

You go ahead and keep riding it out. I hope you NEVER find anything better, and I have sympathy for whomever hires you now, and any of your cronies like you... Slacker

Oh I got your attempt of trying to state that I need the union to fight my battles, but it wasn't worth the waste of time to reply to yet another anti union falsehood. I obiously understand a great deal more about the situation, and what is at stake than you do.
As for riding out the storm? Simply stated because I do not see joak harbor making past 2 more years (I may be wrong but I doubt it). I do my job, and do it well. Even though management will not allow us to do the job properly with the games they are playing. We can only do the job as well as managment will allow us to. Since they do not know how to manage (realistically) that makes it kind of tough. We can only do so much, and quite frankly NUMEROUS customers that I have known for several years have stated that they would ship (or ship more) IF we had a signed agreement. So leave it to the vanderfools to continue to destroy the company by NOT bargaining for a fair agreement. And quite frankly I could not care less about your personal opinion! You do not know me, or enough about this situation to know what you are talking about in the first place. (remember mr. third party)?
As for my family they are doing just fine not that it is any of your business (or you actually care).y the way I am not, or would be your friend. Some one that insists on sticking their nose in where they don't know what is actually going on just to stir things up could not be trusted in the first place.