Central Transport | What will it take?

" there he was,,,, he just delivered at the building next door from pickup, but did not pickup that single skid, he waits until empty to start pics that way he gets his overtime (i get it by doing other's jobs who don't) so anyway, here he was reading a newspaper at 1pm"

Believe I would have stopped and said "WTF why are you making me cover your area?"

Just acknowledgement by you of what he isn't doing might be enough to get him to work a little.

"That is it. I need to know I have something to lose. I need to know I am not a sucker for staying at Vitran and working hard".....luci

I hear the same thing from Wal Mart employees.

Fix what we have wrong right now, OS&D, routing, make sales people sell a service, not a price (half a trailer of good freight is better than a full pup setup of 65% discount junk waiting for a claim)
As of right now, no new employees on the horizon, so my biggest problem is how to make those that are clock strokers get it in gear. Friday I did my 14 stops and 9 pics in the same square miles that another driver had,
so here we go again, Dispatch had me go over and start on his pickups too, when I went through the industrial park there he was,,,, he just delivered at the building next door from pickup, but did not pickup that single skid, he waits until empty to start pics that way he gets his overtime (i get it by doing other's jobs who don't) so anyway, here he was reading a newspaper at 1pm,,,,,,

tablets may let them know who is doing what, but with no bite after the bark, it will never change.
Just another example of apathy in play......Why waste your breath on an old senior that's set in his ways? Its futile and a waste of time. But knowing me I would have stopped and called him a lazy punk azz....Because I just don't give a $hit....Again......Apathy in play that just keeps trickling down the line.

Last edited by a moderator:
i did that before and it fell on deaf ears. him, like so many others, the answer is they can;t replace me so they better not **** me off or they will be short another driver.

i say Kiss My Grits, go ahead and leave

TM can do nothing, bark at them and they walk away laughing........ they couldn't pay me enough to be a TM around this place

i did that before and it fell on deaf ears. him, like so many others, the answer is they can;t replace me so they better not **** me off or they will be short another driver.

i say Kiss My Grits, go ahead and leave

TM can do nothing, bark at them and they walk away laughing........ they couldn't pay me enough to be a TM around this place
I don't buy that....100K is all it would take.

"TM can do nothing, bark at them and they walk away laughing........ they couldn't pay me enough to be a TM around this place"

Why can't your TM dole out disciplinary action? How about calling him in after 8 hours? Or having him set at home on Friday? Or limiting him to one-stop deliveries close to the terminal then bring him back for another one stop delivery? What about giving him a grocery warehouse appt. delivery?

"TM can do nothing, bark at them and they walk away laughing........ they couldn't pay me enough to be a TM around this place"

Why can't your TM dole out disciplinary action? How about calling him in after 8 hours? Or having him set at home on Friday? Or limiting him to one-stop deliveries close to the terminal then bring him back for another one stop delivery? What about giving him a grocery warehouse appt. delivery?

problem with that is either one our grocery warehouses are built into very busy routes, send him on them and the last few customers will not get their freight.

TM would have deliveries per hour issues doing that to one driver,,,,,, screw up his percentages, so in a round about way hurting himself

me, i would send him home everyday at 3 so end of week he only has 32 hours (here full time can claim partial unemployment if reduced from 40 to 31) do this for two weeks, then have HR send him a letter saying insurance will
be cancelled if he does not get back up to at least 40. then TM would have upper hand, since he knows what is going on based on tablet entries already, just say according to printouts he is not pulling his weight, and those that do are the ones getting the hours despite seniority.

don't worry people, we're all about to be saved. president obama visited our terminal today and declared it a national disaster. :usa2:

"me, i would send him home everyday at 3 so end of week he only has 32 hours (here full time can claim partial unemployment if reduced from 40 to 31) do this for two weeks, then have HR send him a letter saying insurance will
be cancelled if he does not get back up to at least 40. then TM would have upper hand, since he knows what is going on based on tablet entries already, just say according to printouts he is not pulling his weight, and those that do are the ones getting the hours despite seniority."

Grasshopper you have potential in ridding the world of turds and making life better for those that want to do a good job!

don't worry people, we're all about to be saved. president obama visited our terminal today and declared it a national disaster. :usa2:

He needs to visit Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis too, all those terminals need to be condemned. I can't believe OSHA hasn't red tagged these terminals. Stevie Wonder was probably the inspector. LOL!

He needs to visit Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis too, all those terminals need to be condemned. I can't believe OSHA hasn't red tagged these terminals. Stevie Wonder was probably the inspector. LOL!

Did you see Stevie Wonder's new piano? Neither did he!! (I am so going down instead of up when I die according to little lady)

Grasshopper you have potential in ridding the world of turds and making life better for those that want to do a good job!

to bad so sad, turned in my two weeks today, going to a private carrier running local non haz mat, matched my wages and better benefits, same truck, same 48 foot air ride trailer everyday.......

C-YA

No need for a coup.....There will be nothing left. Anything of value was destroyed long ago. What remains I want no part of. I just wish they would go ahead and close so I can take a long vacation on unemployment that they paid on my behalf....I need it for all the BS they have put me through.....Then after that I will start over somewhere else. Just got tanker endorsement so I'm thinking about hauling water for Nestle waters. All windshield time.

to bad so sad, turned in my two weeks today, going to a private carrier running local non haz mat, matched my wages and better benefits, same truck, same 48 foot air ride trailer everyday.......

C-YA

Good Luck!! :)

I will be making a change soon.....Just not sure what I want to do....I'm thinking about buying my own truck and hauling freight for some of my existing customers at Vitran.....Just local stuff in the D-FW area.....I got a couple now wanting to give me a shot. Kids are grown and wife can carry insurance....So I really don't have a lot to lose.

We know how this is going to end. So here are some ideas for survival:

1) This too shall pass so don't panic and make dumb decisions

2) If you ride it out to the bitter end - then you will always be bitter (Because of the wages, vacation time stolen from you)

3) Get to the life boats EARLY!

Titanic - Nearer My God to Thee - YouTube