Yellow | What would the VOTE be if the current M.O.U. were to remain in place till 2019?

drummer

TB Lurker
Credits
If the company were to monitor, "Truckingboards", they would see that the so called "leaked" information concerning any more give backs from us union members would fail miserably. I read in a letter from James Welch that our give backs to date have been SQUANDERED, HIS WORDS! Can't imagine this mismanaged company would ask for more after that comment. While I enjoy the comments and debates in this forum, we still don't know exactly What YRC, the Banks or investors may ask from us Clearly, the fate of this trucking company is in the hands of some very disgruntled employees, and I am one of em. I need a job, but I found this one when I was looking for one, and will do so again. We can't worry about what we can't change, but we can put an end to a corrupt company that has bled its workers of pensions, wages and dignity.
Personally, I might consider an extension of the current MOU, but nothing more

I was given some wrong infor or misunderstood it would appear so I have deleted it.
Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Drummer: I have worked in various capacities of this corporation since 1985, I watched them devour Preston, Jevic and Hall Brothers like snacks. I was working for Roadway when I got the call advising me that they had sold to Yellow.In 2003, I was running team that day and told my partner that it would be 5 years and we would be gone. I was wrong, we went 6 years. Been through this crap before, a few times. I'm surprised as hell we are still here, which indicates to me that there is a cash flow, albeit, we don't have any knowledge of it since the books are closed and cooked to oblivion.I'd like to see the REAL RAW numbers on the Profit & Loss sheet, as I am tired of all the disinformation that comes out of Overland Dump. I don't believe Jim Welch as far as I could pick him up and throw him, or as a matter of fact, ANY of the Executive Board, because all they do is line their pockets with our wages and benefits, that we voted to fore-go to help this corporation. I was looking for a job when I found this one, and my credentials and record will carry me through to my next employer, if they close this place. I am NOT in favor of opening the MOU, or ANY further concessions, since they SQUANDERED $3.5 Billion dollars of OUR MONEY. Let them figure it out as it was their "College Educated" Business Management degrees that got us into this mess. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but if anyone thinks the banks are asking for any of this is crazy. A five year extension I can see but no OT after 8, HW and work rule changes are coming from YRC. YRC is taking advantage of the YRC Teamsters again. Good luck guys and best wishes.

Min... Wage will be more than what you are paid in 5 more years. Min.... wage is already up to $15.00 an hour in Washington State.
No wonder they can not find Truck Driver. Imagine what starting wage will be.
Minimum wage 2013 Washington state is $9.19 unless I'm reading this wrong. The $15.00 caught my eye. Min in Tn is a little over $7.00 as a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I apology if I miss understood the news for cast.
I have been wrong before and it would appear I am wrong again about 2014 Min... Wage Increase by Washington State.

Still goes back to my idea the best thing is to sell USF.
They pay the employees less than Master Freight employees since they are not part of Master Freight.
They have sold off a lot of their equipment and Yards and now lease most. So the company selling price would be less now.
They are NOT part of Central States Pension Plan. They are Western State Pension Plan which has NO problems at all.
This would lower the total amount they are paying and lower the interest to be paid.
Settle the CASH FLOW Problem.
Give Mr. Welch his preforming well BONUS for next year.
And Master Freight at YRC could keep going for a few years longer.
The Banks would be happy they are getting $$$ and stock would go up for awhile and give YRC a chance to guess again on how to make $$$.
SELL USF.
YRC could not afford to buy the company is the first place.

Min... Wage will be more than what you are paid in 5 more years. Min.... wage is already up to $15.00 an hour in Washington State.
No wonder they can not find Truck Driver. Imagine what starting wage will be.
Minimum wage 2013 Washington state is $9.19 unless I'm reading this wrong. The $15.00 caught my eye. Min in Tn is a little over $7.00 as a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

no raise-vote no
health/welfare increases cut-vote no
overtime changes-vote no
extension-yes, if something goes in my pocket,health/welfare maintained, increase in pension contributions

I "returned mail to sender" propaganda to overland park.Did not open one piece of YRC literature.Imagine how much it costs to make cds and mailers? What a waste.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I apology if I miss understood the news for cast.
I have been wrong before and it would appear I am wrong again about 2014 Min... Wage Increase by Washington State.

Still goes back to my idea the best thing is to sell USF.
They pay the employees less than Master Freight employees since they are not part of Master Freight.
They have sold off a lot of their equipment and Yards and now lease most. So the company selling price would be less now.
They are NOT part of Central States Pension Plan. They are Western State Pension Plan which has NO problems at all.
This would lower the total amount they are paying and lower the interest to be paid.
Settle the CASH FLOW Problem.
Give Mr. Welch his preforming well BONUS for next year.
And Master Freight at YRC could keep going for a few years longer.
The Banks would be happy they are getting $$$ and stock would go up for awhile and give YRC a chance to guess again on how to make $$$.
SELL USF.
YRC could not afford to buy the company is the first place.

LineDriver: If they sell USF off, that will take Holland and Reddaway out of the mix. Holland and Reddaway, along with New Penn have been carrying this corporation for awhile now, with it's overnight and 2 day Expedited Freight system. Holland is part of the NMFA. We had NO CONTROL of the sales of yards or equipment BECAUSE of Bill Zollars and YRC. Point in fact, almost all of YRC's yards (Everybody included) are now owned by our competition (Old Dominion, Estes & R&L) to name a few. Zollars, in his wisdom, has built his competitors into a successor position by doing this. Most YRC personnel aren't even aware of what has transpired here. IF, and I say IF, this corporation were to be broken up, NONE OF THESE ENTITIES would survive on their own, since they have been cash gutted, collateral gutted, due to gross mismanagement AT THE TOP. Remember, Teamsters don't run this corporations management, we are the "legs" that move it and service the customer base. All we have for collateral is old used equipment that really isn't worth much more then scrap value. The rest of this corporation has been turned into a "Shell" corporation, looks huge on the outside, has nothing on the inside. If YRC had not acquired the combined wealths of Roadway, New Penn and USF Corporation, we wouldn't be here discussing this today, as they would only be fallen flags now. The toughest question is do you want to hand over your wallet and life ON A BET that one of these financiers won't call the debt?The "Management Team" has gotten us into this predicament, IMO they need to fore-go their raises, bonuses and perks until they can make this corporation solvent again. Shared Sacrifice shouldn't be a slogan, it should be the working mantra for EVERYONE, until we can all prosper.

PS: If/When YRC disappears, ABF will immediately follow, and within 1 month or so after, all of those non unionized companies that are currently enjoying their high wages and benefits will see an across the board reduction of unparalleled magnitude, very similar to back in the 1930's when the Teamsters came to life. This isn't my opinion, this is from history, something that most haven't been taught, so they are doomed to repeat it. Thoughts? Comments?

Question is who is going to be the first to sell you a truck so you can work for them FexEx or Conway?

When this dog with the bad case of fleas goes, I already have a Plan "B" in place. It doesn't entail these freight companies.

I do not know if this is important but here goes.
Great Wide (YRC's company according to the info I got) made a lot of extra $$$$ this quarter. In the millions I understand, STRANGE. Or maybe I do not understand.

Greatwide is not part of us, Cardinal Logistics(I think that is remnant of Carolina?) is part of Greatwide. MIQ is the logistics company that bought YRC Logistics.

LineDriver: If they sell USF off, that will take Holland and Reddaway out of the mix. Holland and Reddaway, along with New Penn have been carrying this corporation for awhile now, with it's overnight and 2 day Expedited Freight system. Holland is part of the NMFA. We had NO CONTROL of the sales of yards or equipment BECAUSE of Bill Zollars and YRC. Point in fact, almost all of YRC's yards (Everybody included) are now owned by our competition (Old Dominion, Estes & R&L) to name a few. Zollars, in his wisdom, has built his competitors into a successor position by doing this. Most YRC personnel aren't even aware of what has transpired here. IF, and I say IF, this corporation were to be broken up, NONE OF THESE ENTITIES would survive on their own, since they have been cash gutted, collateral gutted, due to gross mismanagement AT THE TOP. Remember, Teamsters don't run this corporations management, we are the "legs" that move it and service the customer base. All we have for collateral is old used equipment that really isn't worth much more then scrap value. The rest of this corporation has been turned into a "Shell" corporation, looks huge on the outside, has nothing on the inside. If YRC had not acquired the combined wealths of Roadway, New Penn and USF Corporation, we wouldn't be here discussing this today, as they would only be fallen flags now. The toughest question is do you want to hand over your wallet and life ON A BET that one of these financiers won't call the debt?The "Management Team" has gotten us into this predicament, IMO they need to fore-go their raises, bonuses and perks until they can make this corporation solvent again. Shared Sacrifice shouldn't be a slogan, it should be the working mantra for EVERYONE, until we can all prosper.

PS: If/When YRC disappears, ABF will immediately follow, and within 1 month or so after, all of those non unionized companies that are currently enjoying their high wages and benefits will see an across the board reduction of unparalleled magnitude, very similar to back in the 1930's when the Teamsters came to life. This isn't my opinion, this is from history, something that most haven't been taught, so they are doomed to repeat it. Thoughts? Comments?

how about we spin off yrc debt free...like they did roadway express that one time!!! sounds good to me

how about we spin off yrc debt free...like they did roadway express that one time!!! sounds good to me[/QUOTE

this is like comparing apples to oranges. Roadway Express was spun off from the caliber group, starting the Excalibur group, back in 1995. Roadway struggled through almost 4 years of crushing debt, being micromanaged to last 100 of a penny.if you remember correctly, roadway was spun with all of its assets intact, including real property. YRC has very little real property left. A spin off would result in the same thing that happened with Preston. They would be debt free for one day, then they would be a million dollars in the hole from operating costs.