Central Transport | What would you do?

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
So, a CT driver was out doing his peddle recently and as luck would have it, he was rear ended. As usual in Detroit, the driver who did the rear ending drove away, HIT AND RUN.

Do you stay, call the cops, make a police report, contact your dispatch OR just drive away as if nothing ever happened? Remember, it is your license at stake here. Down the road, someone may claim that you hit them while backing up or something.

Well, the CT driver reported it to dispatch, cops. Come to find out the driver got yelled at, scolded by his TM and told that he should have just driven away as well.

What would you do?

He did the right thing by reporting it. That tm shows he doesn't care about the employees. It's the driver's license that ct is messing with.

The driver did the right thing. CYA. That tm needs a good reaming for reprimanding the driver for doing a good job

AT PJAX we had to call Safety for every little incident that happened. The five minutes that it took to complete an accident report was well worth the time...Boy that lady (Pat ?)was tough on chargeables, but she had your back when the driver not at fault. I tore down cable wires at some idiot's house and she called the cops on me after I tolld her what happened and that the company was responsible for having their wires so high. In the meantime I called PITT and Pat had my back and told the backeards cop to go pound salt.

So, a CT driver was out doing his peddle recently and as luck would have it, he was rear ended. As usual in Detroit, the driver who did the rear ending drove away, HIT AND RUN.

Do you stay, call the cops, make a police report, contact your dispatch OR just drive away as if nothing ever happened? Remember, it is your license at stake here. Down the road, someone may claim that you hit them while backing up or something.

Well, the CT driver reported it to dispatch, cops. Come to find out the driver got yelled at, scolded by his TM and told that he should have just driven away as well.

What would you do?
I would have called Dispatch.....TM......Safety.....Whoever was available at the time......I would have let them make that call. I wouldn't have called the police unless they told me to............That's just me.......Be it right or wrong.....If they ran I would have taken the chance.....It's not worth the BS to get the police involved.