Yellow | Whatever happened to Article 61 section 1

That’s a lot of issues in one post. If senior guys are frustrated with excessive OT, just bid dock and be off in 10 hours at most.
It isn't that we never had OT.
We have all been in the business a long time. All but one of our drivers is under 50.
It's that they have a particular customer who doesn't pay well but pays fast.
They lose money so they have faster cash than normal customers.
And that customer is 45 minutes away and gets done late loading their last batch of trailers.
It's easy work. It's just swaps.
But they don't have enough drivers to cover it unless we get done our city runs and can be sent back out after 8,9, 10 hours.
They new way is if you are back by 10th hour with city run you are going back out....adding another 2 or 3 hours almost daily.
Guys are retiring early because they don't want it.
No new guys come for a job.
They wouldn't understand the dumb mentality of being expected to work your whole life away anyways.

We are truck drivers.
Work ethics.
The company is in business to make money.
They are allowed to do that.
It's in the contract.

These words ain't flying well with me anymore.
Spring is here. Summer vacations begin. And we know that means more hours are coming.
There aren't any more hours left.

Yeah, one day I’m really gonna have to discipline Donna......
But thinking Donna maybe like being disciplined ??:lmao:
Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF

My rants are not rants against our current management locally. They have been here a long time. The problems came with a manager who was here for a short time. We've had a couple of them that come thru And for whatever reason they must move on. And the constantly changing system. We are all under the pressures of it all.....but time is important to us ALL not just the business...and when the business constantly does things which slow it all down and take time which is already maxed out..it gets really stupid. Not smart.