Whats For Supper?

Road Dust

Mrs Ricky Ricardo
Credits
Lets talk about food - whats for supper, good recipes, and anything related to eating well.

Don't know yet whats going in the skillet today, but I'm going grocery shopping and I guarantee it will be something good!

anything related to eating well.
Maybe not so much when it comes to "eating well" but after being bombarded with TV advertisements, and the guy in a gorilla suit down at the intersection waving a sign most every day, I made a trip to Little Caesars Pizza.

Not the best I've had by a long shot, but I give it an A+ for price. Five bucks for a large pizza is not bad at all considering I've spent over twice that for two slices of Sbarro on the road.

Lets talk about food - whats for supper, good recipes, and anything related to eating well.

Don't know yet whats going in the skillet today, but I'm going grocery shopping and I guarantee it will be something good!

Thanks for starting this back up, I wish I would of thought to, I only have one thing on my mind as a 20 yr old man though...hormones a ragin!

I made a trip to Little Caesars Pizza.

Not the best I've had by a long shot, but I give it an A+ for price. Five bucks for a large pizza is not bad at all considering I've spent over twice that for two slices of Sbarro on the road.

this is correct...my bro-in-law ans sis went for pizza, came back with Little Crappie's, and i gotta say...

that "thing" they call a pizza, is best used as an oil mat under my truck....

never been so horrified by the taste of a pizza in all my Italo/American life....:bananag:

For a better "choice" of "cheap" pizza's, i'll buy DiGiornio, Red Barron, or some other supermarket variety,

but for "the good stuff"....

I get my pizza's "from da hill" here in my city....

nothing say's "authentic pizza" better than a pizza from "da hood" in any ethnic specific city....:kicking:

this is correct...my bro-in-law ans sis went for pizza, came back with Little Crappie's, and i gotta say...

never been so horrified by the taste of a pizza in all my Italo/American life....:bananag:

For a better "choice" of "cheap" pizza's, i'll buy DiGiornio, Red Barron, or some other supermarket variety,

nothing say's "authentic pizza" better than a pizza from "da hood" in any ethnic specific city....:kicking:

Would that be Federal Hill in RI?

crock pot pizza...my wife has made this a few times now, pretty darn good

Crock-Pot Pizza Recipe | Taste of Home

I'm thinking that might work out pretty good using lasagna instead of the noodles, too. I might try this, leaving out the meat.

I actually like Little Cesars and eat from there quite often as a change of pace from Papa Johns. I most usually order cheese and mushroom with extra cheese. I imagine it all depends on your local store though. I have noticed a difference in their pizza's from one location to another. Not a huge difference but a difference just the same.

AND, speaking of cabbage.......I found this recipe floating around on Facebook and just might give it a try for supper today. If not today, definitely soon.

Garlic Rubbed Roasted Cabbage Steaks By: Everyday Maven, Serves: 4

1 (approx 2lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1" thick slices, 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, 2 to 3 large smashed garlic cloves, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and olive oil spray OR non-stick cooking spray.

1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull
outer leaves off cabbage, cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1" thick slices
2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic
3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices
4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
5. Roast on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 25 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. A very nice optional condiment would be adding balsamic vinegar on the top when finished cooking.

last night we had Chicken and dumplins, mac & cheese, sweet corn, hashbrown casserole, biscuits, and sweet tea to drink.

Went to my local pizza place. Topping was meatballs. Refuse to go to a national chain. Growing up on NY pizza, only small local owned independent places will do it.

Tonight may be Mexican Lasagna

Thanks for starting this back up, I wish I would of thought to, I only have one thing on my mind as a 20 yr old man though...hormones a ragin!

I know the feeling. I always forget to plan anything.
I'm taking my AR15 out to shoot an out of season doe for supper.
Dessert will be a watermelon I stole from my neighbors back porch last night after I spotted it with my night vision goggles.

last night we had Chicken and dumplins, mac & cheese, sweet corn, hashbrown casserole, biscuits, and sweet tea to drink.
I use to make my own Chic/dumplings but, what a mess I made!! I learned how from my Aunt's in KY. Back then you didn't have to use yellow food coloring cause the skin from the chicken gave it color, now these store bought chickens are white as me..lol, Ofcourse, they made it from Chickens that were alive and well that morning..lol

I use to make my own Chic/dumplings but, what a mess I made!! I learned how from my Aunt's in KY. Back then you didn't have to use yellow food coloring cause the skin from the chicken gave it color, now these store bought chickens are white as me..lol, Ofcourse, they made it from Chickens that were alive and well that morning..lol

I swear my mom always made chicken and dumplings every holiday. It was as predictable as most folks having turkey on Thanksgiving. She always asked for an "old hen" from the store, so apparently there was something about it that she thought made it better. She is still amazed how the younger women don't even know how to cut up a whole chicken.