Whats For Supper?

Lol, I know it doesn't take much to make a man hungry. In fact, I've never seen one who wasn't :)

left overs, burnt cookies, stale Frito's, broken Pringles, dry cakes,....

we eat it...we eat it all.....we ain't proud......

Nah, y'all just know whats important in life.

that's right.....cheap booze and expensive women...

or is it.....expensive booze and cheap women..???

or is it.... cheap booze and cheap women...???

hey...if she likes peanut butter....she's a keeper...!!!

:LMAO:

Yesterday I just had a simple supper - veggie burger topped with baby spinach leaves, onion, and mayo, on sourdough bread, with an order of french fries from Wendy's.

Some of you may have already read my cinnamon roll experience on facebook, but for those of you who haven't, I tried once again to make the vanilla pudding rolls with cream cheese frosting, that I unsuccessfully attempted on Thanksgiving day. I had a little more luck this time.

However, there is a story behind this attempt as well, and the following is from my facebook wall: I used a recipe called "Vanilla pudding cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting", that I found on Pinterest. The recipe called for 6 cups of flour as well as vanilla pudding, yeast, water, butter, and sugar. Well, I store my flour in large mason canning jars, so I took two jars from the shelf, since I needed a lot. The first jar only had about 3 cups in it, so I added it to the mixture and continued to add the remaining 3 cups a little at a time from the other jar. I finally realized something didn't seem right. The dough remained soft and sticky no matter how much more flour I added. Could it be that the contents of the jar was powdered sugar and not flour? Ding, ding, ding, that would be correct. So, after adding about three cups of uncalled for powdered sugar to the recipe, I proceeded as directed, and they did turn out okay. Very very sweet, but okay, lol.

Ok. That's it. Enough pictures, already. It's time to start sharing with yer TB friends, Road Dust.....starting with me :)

Ok. That's it. Enough pictures, already. It's time to start sharing with yer TB friends, Road Dust.....starting with me :)

Yes, and me too. You can send them too: PO Box __, G______ F____, __ 9____-____

Just put Racer for the name, the postmaster there knows me quite well.

Looks like 'shrooms tonight. A good looking batch at that.

If you like 'shrooms you'd love these. I use 24oz. white 'shrooms. Leave them in the fridge for a week or two (my fridge is cold, near freezing) and they'll barely start to turn brown and soften up. I painstakingly rinse them with warm water (just warm enough that my hands don't get cold). Don't soak them, run them under the water. I slice them, not too thin and put them in a cast iron frying pan in about 2 tbs. butter on real, real low heat.
#2 on my stove. I salt lightly twice. It takes them a long time to get warm and as they warm the water will come out of them and you'll see it in the pan. I flip them around with a spatula every once in a while. The heat setting I use will eventually bring them to a boil but it could be an hour or so. So you'll need to be around for a while (I live dangerously and have gone grocery shopping and mowed the lawn while they cook). I leave the lid on and let them slow boil (stew) until all the water is gone and it can take a couple of hours for the whole process. Being present when the last of the water evaporates is imperative. Once the water is gone the temp in the pan will go above 212 and they will burn. I turn them off while there is still some water in the pan and it evaporates off as they cool. With all the water gone the flavor of the 'shrooms is concentrated and they take on a neat texture. They're not as chewable as a clam but it is in that direction. Then I place in container and refrigerate and use in omelets, egg sandwiches, cheese steaks or just warmed in a bowl. They'll keep over a week, maybe up to two weeks and I almost always have some in there.