Whats For Supper?

Well I never got to do the cabbage steak recipe like I wanted, since I had forgotten to get one at the store. It's on my grocery list for next time though. I ended up having tomato soup and grill cheese that day instead. Yesterday I made myself a cheese quesadilla, which I eat quite often. Not only are they delicious, they are quick and easy as well. Just put a tiny little bit of oil in my iron skillet; just enough to grease it up a little, then lay a flour tortilla flat in the pan on low heat and pile on some shredded cheese like monterey jack, cheddar, mozzarella, etc, and some onions and pepper if you want. You could even add some meat. I just add onion. As the tortilla warms and softens some, fold it over like an omelette and brown it on each side slowly to allow the cheese to melt. Put it on a plate and top it with what ever you like. I shredded up some baby spinach leaves, and layered with salsa and sour cream.

Dang.. I so need to up my professional quesadilla skills.. LOL, that looks good Road Dust!

I guess we don't buy groceries in this house anymore....here lately its been whatever I can scrounge up. I'm gonna have to dot Dianna's eye, that will learn her!

I guess we don't buy groceries in this house anymore....here lately its been whatever I can scrounge up. I'm gonna have to dot Dianna's eye, that will learn her!
Maybe she's thinking it's your turn to shop :)

Yesterday I made bean burritos, which I also eat a lot of. I have been on a spinach kick lately, so I shredded up some baby spinach leaves and stuffed it in the tortilla, along with the homemade refried beans and other stuff. Deelicious!

Maybe she's thinking it's your turn to shop :)

Yesterday I made bean burritos, which I also eat a lot of. I have been on a spinach kick lately, so I shredded up some baby spinach leaves and stuffed it in the tortilla, along with the homemade refried beans and other stuff. Deelicious!
This is gonna sound like a dumb question..lol...how do you make homemade refried beans? My wife always buys a can or 2, and it's NEVER enough..I like me some beans

I cook a huge pot of pinto beans whenever I have beans and cornbread. I take the leftovers and drain all the soup off as much as possible and mash the beans with a potato masher and put in quart sized freezer bags and freeze them. Whenever I want bean burritos, I thaw out a bag and heat up them up and then they are good to go. You can add spices while you are heating them if you like. I usually just use them plain but sometimes add a little black pepper. I cook my pintos with a little canola oil and salt but some people use ham or other meat to season them. What you choose to season with changes the flavor of the refried beans slightly but its all just a matter of preference. The main idea is just cook them and smash them.

I hear ya! I'm tired of no food in the crib, wife's eye dotted, problem solved..I have food now, sometimes ya gotta use a little tough love!
What are you bellyaching about with all those meals that are forced on you by your customers? I worked food gig before I know better.

What are you bellyaching about with all those meals that are forced on you by your customers? I worked food gig before I know better.

LOL, I shuttle now, I don't get anything but free coffee anymore, I miss my customers, and the good food, but mostly the people.

No, I just dot the old ladies eye! Problem solved. I handle my business..LOL!

Translation: "Oh beautiful wife, would you be merciful to my pallet and bestow a lovely meal in front of me? I will pay handsomely with foot rubs and all the chores you ask of me!"

Don't get too cocky there GT.. eventually I will get to meet your lovely wife, and I am not above blackmail..HA. I bet you hope the system gets another through cleaning, don't you? LOL

. . . . . . . and the good food, but mostly the people.

You eat the people?

shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Translation: "Oh beautiful wife, would you be merciful to my pallet and bestow a lovely meal in front of me? I will pay handsomely with foot rubs and all the chores you ask of me!"

Don't get too cocky there GT.. eventually I will get to meet your lovely wife, and I am not above blackmail..HA. I bet you hope the system gets another through cleaning, don't you? LOL

Your right I am getting a little cocky, I'll shut my yapper now, but one last thing....I FORBID you to tell on me...LOL!!

Been planning an shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. Decided on a brown sugar basted turkey, a vegetarian dressing, Potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole (or maybe those cabbage steaks instead), corn on the cob, maybe some fried okra (not sure yet), homemade bread, and homemade cinnamon rolls for dessert. I will probably starve myself until then to make up for the weight I will no doubt gain in that one day, lol.