Whats For Supper?

Aww come on, GT. The can means it includes the liquid/broth. It's literally "just add meat".
Now look at it.............come on....over here....I SAID LOOK AT IT!!!!

Aww come on, GT. The can means it includes the liquid/broth. It's literally "just add meat".
Now look at it.............come on....over here....I SAID LOOK AT IT!!!!

Its like Canned Ham...yuck! Or canned steak..wait, canned T-Bone...again I say yuck! Canned rice? Fixins? I'm afraid.

Haven't seen that in NC...we have all the seasoned veggies from Margaret Holmes but, not that, unless I've missed it.
I found it in the canned veggies section with the corn and peas and such. They also make one for chilli and for Jambalaya - just add meat. I heard the dirty rice was good with polish sausage but I just used the regular kind this time.

Today I be fixin' some cabbage and black-eyed peas to be healthy wealthy and wise! I didn't last New Years and look how bad that turned out.

Here it's pork and saur kraut per Dutch tradition.

we just had spaghetti and olive oil, with some roasted garlic, salt, pepper, parsley...

i made it....sorry...none for you..!!

I only buy frozen or fresh, the wife is making black eye peas YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made black eyed peas and cabbage for New Years tradition. I had to go to 3 stores to find them since every store was sold out. I had never cooked black eyed peas before, since I really don't like them much, so I chose a vegetarian recipe that said cook them with vegetable broth, water, tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, garlic, brown sugar, and salt and pepper. I was able to tolerate them in the spirit of tradition, and the fried cabbage and cornbread was excellent. Hopefully after a New Years dinner of black eyed peas and cabbage I will be healthy, wealthy, and wise in the coming year.

I took the almost uneaten pot of black eyed peas over to my mom's, and they absolutely loved them.

Cold outside, need to get out and clear the snow from yesterday before it becomes a bigger problem. For now I'm hunkered down, stove cranked up with a vat of chicken soup on.

Wind howling here right now. Expecting high of 10 degrees tomorrow and low of 1, with snow. I need to get something going on the stove. Yesterday was my favorite comfort food

OMG. Look at all that gravy!!!! RD, please tell me you're gonna cook up some chicken fried steak too?
Can I come over?? Please??

I want to know who's going to eat all that if Big Dave doesn't come over.
Can I have your cast iron frying pans when you're done with them? I need a couple more for my camp.

LOL! Too late Big Dave :) Chickens get leftovers lol.

I love my cast iron skillets. I cook almost everything in them.

LOL! Too late Big Dave :) Chickens get leftovers lol.

I love my cast iron skillets. I cook almost everything in them.
Me too, those who never used them don't know what they're missing. Just like those who never had scrapple...

Wind howling here right now. Expecting high of 10 degrees tomorrow and low of 1, with snow. I need to get something going on the stove. Yesterday was my favorite comfort food

Is that fried potatoes?? I haven't seen that in years, my wife won't fry anything anymore damn it!!