What's Going On?

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
What has happened re: the new shuttle tractors that were to start arriving the middle of July? Word is, none have shown up. Also, rumors abound that all new tractor orders, and trailer orders have been cancelled. Anybody have any knowledge of What's Going On?

And, while we're on the subject, word on the street is that the deal to buy the northeast ltl company is dead, that Sun Capital nixed the idea. Anybody know?

I talked to Ken A. the other day. He told me the trucks were orderd but they wont be here till Sept. He didn"t say anything about the trailers

no last names please

they are comming Dave said today that Volvo production is slow but the 1st 20 trucks will be comming in asap and they are going to the teams and the other trucks will soon follow 30 road and 50 locals over the next few years almost all of the fleet will be updated

about the trucking deal Dave did really not say much all the he said was we need to look to buy a profitable co not some lame duck

What has happened re: the new shuttle tractors that were to start arriving the middle of July? Word is, none have shown up. Also, rumors abound that all new tractor orders, and trailer orders have been cancelled. Anybody have any knowledge of What's Going On?

And, while we're on the subject, word on the street is that the deal to buy the northeast ltl company is dead, that Sun Capital nixed the idea. Anybody know?

Just in J1.Some new trks are in.Guessing from the sleeper size,probably team units.They are the big ones with a window.Dont know the model

New Trucks are ariving

Thursday I saw 5 of what is supposed to be a 100 tractor order of the new volvo vn series tractors...look sweeeeet.
I know we bought about 100 last year in october or November so thats 200 plus tractors in under a year....
I'm glad I came here - the guys running thi splace seem to know wat they are doing ...
Now - how does a newb get one ?!?

Lets concentrate on a pay increase for every employee which is compatable to what the industry is paying. Also, realign the health insurance so there isnt any out of pocket expenses after a major illness. After all, we are making money arent we? And we do all the work..............later:smilie_132:

Whjat I hear is we are doing better than other carriers - but were not printing money.....the whole market stinks...and the people I talk to wen I pu and delivr say its slow for them to.

Look i dont know what the hell is going on here but i do remember, Dave said, they were going to start fixing trailer doors and tractors but they are not doing it. EITHER that or we just dont have enough good mechanics to do it. BUT i can tell you this our place is starting to look like a junk yard. Its laughable yes we did start getting some new trucks in but thet are Team trucks, that fine since they run the miles, but if you look at the local eqipment most of the trucks got 5000,000 mi or better and they are hard city miles all stop and go, so either Dave dont care or we are just broke, i can say that Paul left this co. in bad sahpe :nutkick: but hell we sold some buildings and so on have not bought alot of new equip. so we should have some money laying around to pay the DOCK guys and the DRIVERS a decent pay since both parties do a good job. This company keeps saying that our employees are our best asset :1036316054: but they have a dam funny way of showing it:nutkick:

if my best assets were a building and i neglected it the way you guys are being treated i would expect it to fall to the ground or be condemmed.

pay raise

where is gaabydaddy now that it's time for the drivers to get a raise,usually he has his nose in the drivers affairs,so lets see how much talk he does about the fate of the raise .Let's see if he agrees that .35 just does not cut the mustard,for the hardworking men and women that fatten his paycheck,or will he give the usual management double talk that we have heard for all the years they have been giving small raises?? I'm willing to bet my 28 hrs of overtime that it won't be much over .35 if not just .35,time will tell.:nutkick:

where is gaabydaddy now that it's time for the drivers to get a raise,usually he has his nose in the drivers affairs,so lets see how much talk he does about the fate of the raise .Let's see if he agrees that .35 just does not cut the mustard,for the hardworking men and women that fatten his paycheck,or will he give the usual management double talk that we have heard for all the years they have been giving small raises?? I'm willing to bet my 28 hrs of overtime that it won't be much over .35 if not just .35,time will tell.:nutkick:

A former employee talking smack. It's easy to point me out. No one else gives you the time of day.

If the raise doesn't work, we all have choices. You took your choice, and there are plenty of folks who remain here because they choose to.

gabby thank you for the private MSG where you point out that I am a F***ing scumbag but like i said in my open MSG, your reply is just management double talk do what you do Best deliver lunch to your accounts so the hard working drivers will have a job. I can remember when you and your boys were always thanking me for the great job I did even got a $50.00 dinner at Red lobster for protecting your accounts but when I voice my opinion I am a F***ing scumbag...ho hum you really show your intelligence,but I love getting you all worked up your like a little *****!!. oops B***H Sorry.

By the way I don't care if no one else gives me the time of day my focus is on you Gabby, and I can always count on you taking time out of your busy day to answer poor little me..hahahahahaha

gabby thank you for the private MSG where you point out that I am a F***ing scumbag but like i said in my open MSG, your reply is just management double talk do what you do Best deliver lunch to your accounts so the hard working drivers will have a job. I can remember when you and your boys were always thanking me for the great job I did even got a $50.00 dinner at Red lobster for protecting your accounts but when I voice my opinion I am a F***ing scumbag...ho hum you really show your intelligence,but I love getting you all worked up your like a little *****!!. oops B***H Sorry.

You only highlighted part of it. No surprise. Anyways, have fun on the JV team since you couldn't cut the Varsity.

Very tasteless post here. Show some class and keep it private like GB did. No one cares about your personal issues with GB or Jevic for that matter