SEFL | What's happened to this company?

Not sure how it is at other terminals, but my home terminal is a joke. There are literally new rules made up every day. Now you can get written up for not clearing out all the computer messages or not taking exactly 30 minutes for lunch (heaven forbid you only take 29 minutes). Like it isn't hard enough delivering freight all day to customers who all have bad backs & trying to drive safely in a city full of yahoos. We no longer bid on start times which means that drivers with less seniority are coming in earlier than guys who have been with the company for years. And the ones that come in early get to leave early, so that the same guys are having to work late every night. Used to be you bid on start times & everyone understood that no matter what time you came in, they could work you as late as possible. Whatever you do, don't question leadership about the way they are doing things. Then you have an "attitude". Not like they're gonna give you a real answer anyway. I don't mean to sound bitter or complain about my job, but I've busted my butt for this company for a long time & I'm tired of getting treated like dirt. Never mind that my numbers are awesome every day. The pay is good, benefits are ok, but I think I'm going to have to see what else is out there.

sounds like to me you work in va.beach,thats the same way there terminaloperation runs. well took me 3 years but i believe i got everything i need now for alaw suit against SEFL, WILL BE TALKING to myattornies monday and they finally got the one piece ofinformation they needed. i be so glad when this finally goes to court.

I worked there for a couple of months and that was enough for me. I don't mind to work hard and stay busy and I don't mind the long hours but, I refuse to run like a maniac with more than can possibly get done. Always under the gun. I am a lot happier with the company I am with now.

I worked there for a couple of months and that was enough for me. I don't mind to work hard and stay busy and I don't mind the long hours but, I refuse to run like a maniac with more than can possibly get done. Always under the gun. I am a lot happier with the company I am with now.
Where are you at now?

This company has changed a LOT since I hired in a decade ago. It's all about numbers now. There used to be much more of a personal relationship between management and drivers. They used to respect us, now we get college grads hungry to climb the ladder who think drivers are too stupid to do anything but drive a truck. Maybe upsf will buy us out. At least then we will get top pay while we are run hard lol

I understand about the new HOS rule, but it would have been nice if they had told me about it first, instead of jumping down my throat when I didn't comply with something I knew nothing about. Heaven forbid you miss a meeting, because no one will ever fill you in on what was covered. I don't want to sound like a whiny truck driver. I don't mind working hard, but I expect to be treated fairly & equally & it's just not happening. If you work hard, they expect you to work harder. That way you can pick up the slack of the drivers that drag their runs out all day & make no pickups. Those drivers get to come in at the end of the day & go home because dispatch doesn't want to deal with them. I end up going back out a couple of times & working late every night. I don't think it's going to do any good to "go up the ladder". Our boss got this job by knowing the right people.
Most city drivers don't need to take a lunch to be compliant.

Not sure how it is at other terminals, but my home terminal is a joke. There are literally new rules made up every day. Now you can get written up for not clearing out all the computer messages or not taking exactly 30 minutes for lunch (heaven forbid you only take 29 minutes). Like it isn't hard enough delivering freight all day to customers who all have bad backs & trying to drive safely in a city full of yahoos. We no longer bid on start times which means that drivers with less seniority are coming in earlier than guys who have been with the company for years. And the ones that come in early get to leave early, so that the same guys are having to work late every night. Used to be you bid on start times & everyone understood that no matter what time you came in, they could work you as late as possible. Whatever you do, don't question leadership about the way they are doing things. Then you have an "attitude". Not like they're gonna give you a real answer anyway. I don't mean to sound bitter or complain about my job, but I've busted my butt for this company for a long time & I'm tired of getting treated like dirt. Never mind that my numbers are awesome every day. The pay is good, benefits are ok, but I think I'm going to have to see what else is out there.
In my barn we call those bullshit new rules AOT RULES (As of today)