whats in the line drivers lunch pail

I eat alot of Subway, get a footlong and take 1/2 each day, I used to pair that with grapes, and other fruit, but I got sick of the fruit, I gotta figure out a better way.

Soon as Road Dust sees this she is gonna want to slap me..LOL. I like the burrito idea, but don't like the idea of canned beans or the taco places, I may have to make a big pot of pinto's and use RD's idea of mashing them up, at least then I will know whats in them.

I gotta stop my outward growth!

I always thought peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were a better alternative to the nitrate ridden lunch meats. Also, homemade burritos work really well for the lunch box. You can make a bunch of them up at one time and store them in the freezer. So easy to heat and eat, and can be as healthy as you choose to make them. I have been experimenting with Quinoa lately, adding it to almost everything, and it's supper easy to sneak it in burritos.

You are correct, peanut butter is one of the cheapest Protein sources available next to Tuna.

Usually two samiches made with 2/3 types of sliced meats, pickles, sweet peppers, mustard, on wheat bread, cut in half by my darling wife, with the remaining crust cut off. 1/2 blueberry bagel, plus a stick or two of pepper jack cheese sticks. Several bottles of water plus a shot of her famous sweet tea. Four months ago the doctor deemed me as a perfect candidate for diabetes as my sugar was slightly elevated (270). Wife changed our diets with help of an app we found that shows how good or bad foods are for you and then give suggestions for better alternatives by scanning the bar code with her phone. Down from 235 to 220. 5ft 8in. Doc says I'm not fat. Just too short for my weight.

Yesterday my lunch pail consisted of barbeque chicken, mashed taters, 2 servings of caramel pudding, a snickers bar, 3 cokes, and two packs of Marlboro menthols. Mmmmmmmmm

:)

my nightly lunchbox is a couple sandwiches, 4 sodas, two pack of cookies, or twinkies, 1 bag of chips, 2 bottles of water, and 1 piece of fruit.

Does the water and fruit upset your belly? :p

I make my own tuna or chicken salad for sandwiches for the week. If I buy, I go to delis or the places that sell chicken terriyaki bowls. Don't do the greasy fast food anymore cuz I don't want to incapacitate customer bathrooms. :)

Jicama (someone correct my spelling please) is a very crisp root veggie kinda like a raw turnip. You can cut it up into slices and dip it in salad dressing. I also go down the road with dried fruit in my lunch. I know many of my fellow drivers stop on every route at the local greasy spoon. One forgot to set his breaks and his truck rolled into a Polaris dealership down the street while he was sitting there eating lunch. He is a man with no lunch box. No lunch box = trouble. The same guy left his truck running at a truckstop and someone stole his truck...Once the thief found out the trailer will full of nothing but Velveta cheese, they abandoned the truck.....No lunch box = trouble.

You see, every local driver wishes they were OTR so they can belly up to the salad bar with the rest of the "big mile boys". I have done both and I have learned to cherish my lunch bucket. My wife cooks better than them anyway and packs a better lunch (and punch if you make her mad)!