What's wrong with this place?

Wrong info all the time

The flamers (you know who you are) always have the answers about Harry and ncta but they are always wrong. I have worked at ncta for 11 years. Harry changed my families life. If he chooses to retire like we all want to do god bless him. I didn't work for Jevic and many people have told me we are on the same path but I intend to ride this out. I have a good name in this business and could get another job pretty quick. Lets stay positive men. We are living history right now and I am sure every transportation company is feeling the pinch.

Theres alot of former jevic boys who stayed when Harry left and felt they were screwed when they lost their jobs..my philosophy is time heals all wounds, dont hold a grudge and move on...we all have families and if you feel you got the shaft in one way or the other you have to remember this is a business...its not personal....Bruins44---good 4 u...but i think the " haters" felt the same way you do now and when the rug got pulled it left a bad taste in their mouth.

Thats why you always keep your eyes open.If something better comes along take it.Loyalty ,unfortunately,has no value.As you say Uwork,its just business,nothing personal.Fool me once shame on you..Fool me twice,shame on me.

Fool me once shame on you..Fool me twice,shame on me.

That is the exact sentiment that has tried to been conveyed on this board since day one.

For those of you whom prefer read into things;
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary

sentiment
Noun (plural sentiments)

1.A general thought, feeling, or sense.

Whatever happens, best wishes to you all.

P.S. Anybody in OH, MI, or IN, tell Chrissy V CJ said Hi. THNX

I guess the truth sometime hurts ! My point was , how they used you guys at NCT to get to us at Jevic .. Did they not pay you better then ? They used you !! don't you get it .. Sorry if it's upsetting , But look, i see them looking for drivers all the time is that because they can't keep them ? You guys made that company and get S ??? all the time I'm told .. Good luck !! Sorry um going back to Duie bye !

I can tell you one thing that is wrong with this company... When you have one of the major divison that is a bread winner for the company being headed up by a single minded all about their self and could care less about the people under them unless it is to get them drugs or else type of person, it will be hard to have your people work for you when they know your pulling out of pocket to keep your major customer happy and get it to grow how it should!!! Until they get rid of this person and realize he is only there to look out for 1 person n 1 person only that divison will never grow the way it should and could!!!

What are you trying to say ? I run out on the island now just as i did for Jevic .. I was just told from some of the long island drivers that the shop and dock people are thinking about the U word .. They don't think all the drivers will do it but it is a start. They feel they need to start making more moneys ..Because no body is looking out for them . Did you hear anything about a Union anybody else ?

UNION---REALLY?....THATS NOT THE ANSWER AND WILL CERTAINLY CLOSE NCTY, CONSIDERING THEY HAVE LOST $$ 5 YEARS STRAIGHT. wORKING FOR A PRIVATE COMPANY IS DIFFICULT IN THESE TIMES YOU REALLY NEVER KNOW HOW THEY ARE DOING, AND WHEN YOU SEE DRASTIC CHANGES IN THE OPERATIONS FOR A RELATIVELY SMALL COMPANY IT SHOULD RAISE AN EYEBROW.

There was a night op's manager at jevic who at one time had no problems driving thru union picket lines and exspected his drivers to do the same, He now is a mananger at NC, I can imagine his thought on this! Can you? New Century is the mirror image of Jevic in many respects, Jevic driver's were always told they would close the business of they brought in the Union, I think the same would go at NC.

Good Luck,

No ! when you know the moneys they are making up top , and not even to thinking about a pay increase for the drivers.How can you say something like that ..I can just say what I'm told . You must be in that upper Management group .. i don't work for you no more .. I work for a real company that treats the driver right .

Any drivers looking for local work Campbell's is looking for 3 drivers and a dispatcher .. overtime,401 now and pay increases . And the rate is better per hour . Good luck guys time is running out . R

Any drivers looking for local work Campbell's is looking for 3 drivers and a dispatcher .. overtime,401 now and pay increases . And the rate is better per hour . Good luck guys time is running out . R

Oh ::shit:: driver,time is running out???Please tell us more since you dont even work here???Tell us more ,please.

I DO work here and all I can say is it seems like they have too many drivers now with alot of recent hires,which seems to be trimming the miles for everyone.

Maybe you can explain why they are overhiring since you seem to know more than actual employees of the company.Enlighten us.

I think there for sale, and trying to look attactive for perspective buyers....JMO

That could be a good thing,maybe.However,making most(definitely not all)of your employees happy and having to pay less benefits from the companies perspective would seem to make it a better business venture for someone to buy..

Hiring more drivers because of the tax credits , and give the new drivers the miles for less moneys , that's a no brainier . The older driver they know they are not going to leave .. So they need to keep the new happy .. They can't even say , Hey drivers a pay increase is coming soon , we understand the cost has gone up for living . NOTHING THEY SAY !! They should go out of business for not give a bone to the people that made them .. RBV

Right on Skullguggery ...come on guys...one more pay cut and the company will start turning a profit one of these years! Harry appreciates your loyalty.

When a road driver finishes his backhaul back in the northeast,they should be put on the clock like the local LTL drivers.Thats what we are doing,LTL pickups.Very seldom,it seems,do you make an LTL pickup and it takes under 30 minutes.

Wish their still was a truckload division.I would take that and the paycut that goes with it in a heartbeat..Less miles,less money,and more headaches since the switch.On the positive side,I do get home on a regular basis.

Thats how it works.Road driver sits at those bad pick ups instead of local driver on clock.You make no money and burn up log time.