1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS When Did Ukraine Become A 'critical Ally'?

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by slavenomore, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Republicans are more responsible for the debt, they spend but refuse to raise the tax to pay for it. At least Dems are more honest and realistic.
    It's all about 'what' the money gets spent on Republicans have their pet projects and Dems have theirs.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Trickle down has worked every time it has been tried- but it takes 1-3 yrs or so to see results. It worked for Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and eventually, Trump. The average person spends what he keeps in breaks. The rich invest. As those investments produce jobs, more are employed- this paying taxes. Revenue to the Treasury increase. Under Reagan, revenue increased to almost double what it had been.

3. Rastus

Rastus ..MAGA.. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Revenues are at an all time high, cut the crap Pinochio

4. Rastus

Driver Since:
    Ukraine is a corrupt state

5. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    :horseshit:.

If they were, the deficit wouldn't be over double that of 2015 and climbing. Just because Trump says that, doesn't make it true.

Magoo likes this.
  6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

[​IMG]

7. Rastus

Driver Since:
    You don’t know much, do your homework before you start with the insults You are as bad as Magoo.

8. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    As a number, maybe. As a percent of GDP, nope. It's a way of wrapping a lie in the truth.

The number by itself doesn't mean anything. Almost every year not affected by a recession a president can brag about that. It's meaningless.

9. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    He is bragging about record revenues to distract from the real issue of runaway deficits. The idea of record revenues conjures in your mind the idea of shrinking deficits and eventually reducing the national debt. That is not what's happening. Quite the opposite.

10. Rastus

Driver Since:
    Who is he, revenues are at an all time high that fact is posted online. I was responding to Magoo who posted taxes needed to be raised as usual.
    You brought Trump into it not me, you really need to get a hold of that tds of yours.
    Unless that was your attempt at gaslighting in which case you failed miserably.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Rastus likes this.
  12. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

Start to wonder if that is not how it used to go down
    Politicians child gets a high paying job in one of these foreign countries
    politician then puts together a foreign aid package for said country
    the money trickles through to the child

Would it surprise me
    absolutely not

Rastus likes this.
  13. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    Inflation. Check it out. Revenues are almost always at "an all-time high." That's why the statement is inherently misleading.

So is "gaslighting" another term you guys are going to co-opt and change the meaning of? You know, like "fake news" and "corruption?"

Don't think you aren't also a victim of Trump's gaslighting. He tells us that things we can see with our own eyes aren't happening. The difference between you and me is that you actually believe him.

Rastus likes this.
  14. Rastus

Driver Since:
    Revenues are at an all time high, cut the crap Pinochio.

“If they were, the deficit wouldn't be over double that of 2015 and climbing. Just because Trump says that, doesn't make it true.”

First is my response to Magoos crap, second is your crap response.

15. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    How did Sam Brownback's trickle-down experiment work in Kansas?

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I didn’t follow Kansas. I know the teachers didn’t like it, and he was voted out. So tell me- what happened? Was it decreased revenue, or increased spending? Seriously, I don’t care about each state. That’s why we are SUPPOSED to go with the 10th Amendment.

The US problem is that 90% of the time, the problem is that we spend too much. For instance, Reagan was promised spending cuts for tax cuts. He never got the spending cuts, and two years later, they put tax rates back up some.

I’m for stopping Baseline Budgeting. Make every budget start at zero. Congress might as well stay home if that happened, because they would NEVER agree on spending. Too many Special Interests.

coondogg likes this.
  17. coondogg

coondogg Freight Herder

Driver Since:
    Do you not understand the concepts of deficits and inflation?

Revenues will almost always be at an "all-time high" no matter who's president simply because of inflation. That particular number doesn't matter if spending greatly outpaces it, creating a budget deficit. That's what is happening now at an amount over double what it was in 2015, when we had a $438 billion deficit. Our deficit next year will be over $1 trillion. So what if we have record revenues if we spend that much more than we are taking in!

In the same way, earnings generally tend to go up over time, but the actual number doesn't matter if the bottom line doesn't match the current value of the dollar. If a truck driver with a good job made $50,000 in 1995, he wouldn't be very comforted for you to tell him that his revenues are at an all-time high if he makes $70,000 today. He would need $84,000 to match the buying power he had back then. Inflation is a bitch when earnings don't keep up with it.

Trump promised sustained economic growth of 4% (sometimes bumping that up to 5 or 6% in his classic, exaggerating way...he said it would be "easy"). After the tax cut, we hit 2.9% for 2018 due to the sugar rush of stock buybacks and such and are now sitting at 1.9% because the effect is just not sustainable in a slowing economy. Using 2015 as an example, we also had 2.9% growth that year, but it was due to the real economy, not an artificial boost that comes at the expense of ballooning the national debt.

But don't look at all the numbers. Just be comforted when he says revenues are at an all-time high.

18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    We’re headed for disaster.
    Starting with Obama, and Continued with Trump (but not as much), the Fed has been adding money to our System. Quantitative Easing. Carter Administration added 1/6 of our money supply extra, and it took 22% interest to recover. Obama added 4 times our money supply. That’s only been tried two other times- the Wiermar Republic, and Zimbabwe. Each time, it failed, and employees had to be let go hourly to buy milk and eggs because the prices skyrocket that fast each day.

Zimbabwe has a $100 Trillion dollar Bank Note....

https://www.100trillions.com/produc...Ogf56AGdJBby7HtZgcDTegXWEeI4jloRoCMMgQAvD_BwE

We support the entire world. When we fall, they go too...

19. Rastus

Driver Since:
    I’ve been around a lot longer than you have, I went through Cater’s super inflation so yeah I know more about it than stuff you have read about it.
    I made a simple post to Magoo revenues were the highest in history that you in your condescending way posted “If they were, the deficit wouldn't be over double that of 2015 and climbing”.

You are an arrogant ass who can’t just admit that you were wrong about a simple sentence. You’ve spent how many paragraphs now trying to weasel out of the fact THAT YOU WERE WRONG?

Me: “Revenues are at an all time high, cut the crap Pinochio”

You:“If Revenues are at an all time high the deficit wouldn't be over double that of 2015 and climbing”.

20. Rastus

Driver Since: