ODFL | When is a run not a run?

Mopar1320

TB Lurker
Credits
So what happens when a run gets canceled all the time. Is the driver who took that run really out of luck until the next year? It seems crazy to me that a driver could literally have to find other work or whatever for 6 months if his run dried up.

I can't tell you how OD does it, but at FXF I get moved to the extra board in order of seniority if my run is canceled. Haven't had a night off since I got a bid, because of that. Don't they do it that way at OD?

I can't tell you how OD does it, but at FXF I get moved to the extra board in order of seniority if my run is canceled. Haven't had a night off since I got a bid, because of that. Don't they do it that way at OD?
They do at my terminal. I typically do better if my run gets canceled. Getting canceled is pretty rare though.

Sounds like you may be a friend of Billy.

Sounds like you may be a friend of Billy.
Be careful Uncle Breezy you may lose your Senior Mowing discount ....
from BillyLo Landscaping & Mowing.
jeremy davies lawnmower GIF

So what happens when a run gets canceled all the time. Is the driver who took that run really out of luck until the next year? It seems crazy to me that a driver could literally have to find other work or whatever for 6 months if his run dried up.
Goes to bottom of wild board that night driver,,

Eventually they just cancel that run permanently,, tell do that and be wild rest of year until next bud,,,,… make big sense have a bid but never even work driver but driver this thing is it be real slow here this year with recession on the way,,, been here many years so no worry for me