Averitt | When is Averitt going to step up to the plate

redvolvo

TB Lurker
Credits
When is Averitt going to step up to the plate when it comes to pay,,I guess Averitt likes to be the lowest paying fright company,,But boy howdy!! They don't mind bragging about how much money they make off us drivers.Hell!!! OD starts there drivers out at 50 cents a mile,,That's higher than our top pay:mad:Averitt is one stingy company.

Absolutely 1tt1, it is unrealistic to dream of us ever making the mid .50's like the competition. Ain't gonna happen, like I've said before, I have friends in all the competition trucks and I hear the Bull Ca Ca they have to endure, they earn their living under a microscope and constant harassment by dispatchers. Do we deserve competitive wages? Of course we do, but we chose to hang in here when we noticed we were getting behind, and honestly from the looks of us drivers, we aren't starving, not to mention the nice vehicles I see on the yard.

I'm like EVERYONE else,would not mind a few extra pennies a mile. On the T/L side Avrt pays pretty decent,they need to get rid of the FAIRYTALE miles and pay practical. I keep a record of my miles every week...it's consistenly 10-12% different from miles run to miles paid,however we knew what the deal was when we signed on. Yes we ALL have a choice when it comes to looking at GREENER grasses,if I leave,Avrt will hire someone else and I will not be missed,thats just the mindset up there in CKV.

Your right about that!!I would like to see drivers get more respect from Averitt,,,But I don't think that's going to happen..I no drivers that has been with Averitt for 16 years and when they quit Averitt didn't give a crap,,Never asked them why they were leaving averitt..You would think that Averitt would want to no why good drivers are quitting...And when a Averitt driver gets killed or dies on the job,You never hear anything from Averitt,,,Like pray for the family or donate to the family,,You don't hear nothing...But when Scott Wolf died they sure made it known to every Averitt driver. We drivers is what makes the money for this company...I also know other drivers from the competition that used to work for Averitt...And they said leaving Averitt was the best dissension they ever made..I been with Averitt for 15 years and I don't like changing jobs so I wish Averitt would straitening up...3 weeks vacation is all you will ever get no matter how long your with Averitt...no sick days,,They want you to use you vacation days when your sick,,Thats stupid!!They wont match your 401k,,,If AAA Cooper can pay 53 cents Averitt can too..Who ever thought up the combo was an idiot,,Do the same work for less money..

What dumb butt made it were new hires don't get full holiday pay for 3 years,,,YEA that's the way to attracted good people.

Overall I have been treated well,but I realize where I stand in the grand scheme of things.I do not and will not tolerate any disrespect given to me in any way,but then again it works both ways. I'm always looking for a better deal, and as of 12/12/12 I have one year before I can tell the whole trucking industry to SHOVE IT.....

I might consider Combo some day, at least they can work city day time for a bid if they wish. That's worth the difference in pay to me.

Yes redvolvo Averitts motto is "Don't like it? There's the door"...
I hear that phrase so often I don't even pay it any mind. OD starts at a much higher rate than us. Hell everyone does. But the fat cats in Cookevegas are raking it in and lying about the numbers.

I kind of like not being f***ed with on a daily basis. Is it worth the low bottom feeder wages? Hell no, but I will continue to put up with it because at my age I have no intention of going and starting out on the bottom of a competitors board. Being on the landing path to retirement in a few years is all I really care about at this point. I could truly care less if they do this or they make money or they cook hot dogs or they have great ames numbers or what their claims ratio is or any of that superfluous garbage. I want to run my run and go to the house. Leave me the hell alone, I'll pull my run, get back when I feel like it and they can worry about all the minutia.

When you start at an higher pay,,than what you are making right now,,Your not starting at the bottom.I know when you get to a certain age its scary to start another job.

All the mechanics in Dallas is leaving and going to southeastern for more more money..lot more money.SE is starting them out at 2.00 more than Averitt's top pay. And Averitt wonders why they cant keep anybody. SE couldn't believe what Averitt pays there people..Do I sound a little bitter,,YES I guess I do...Averitt will have to be my living till there is a opening with other freight company's in my district.

I have several friends at Southeastern, they are a great company, good luck Redvolvo on your job search. SEFL in Knoxville was 80% Averitt drop outs at one time. And you are correct in starting over with a higher start pay rate, you have nothing to lose my friend but the bitterness.

When you start at an higher pay,,than what you are making right now,,Your not starting at the bottom.I know when you get to a certain age its scary to start another job.
When you start at another company your seniority is at the bottom. Basically I would trade in a 600 mile night at $0.47 that grosses $282 for a 450 mile (if I am lucky) night at $.50 that pays $225. Bottom of the board until attrition or retirements take place and that could take a LONG LONG time. Look at how many drivers are here stuck in combo at $0.425 per mile and have been for years with no chance of ever getting an equality pay increase or ever getting a shuttle position. Unfair is an understatement in that regard but these guys put up with it (I never would). This is why I am staying put til the bitter end.

I have several friends at Southeastern, they are a great company, good luck Redvolvo on your job search. SEFL in Knoxville was 80% Averitt drop outs at one time. And you are correct in starting over with a higher start pay rate, you have nothing to lose my friend but the bitterness.
I was with an outfit for MANY years that is currently paying $0.635. Granted they are now union and have changed names since I was there but if I had stayed and not come here....I would have been retired and drawing a pension. Oh well, that's water under the bridge.

Several years ago I applied at Estes, SEFL and SAIA and turned them all down, not because I didn't want to move on to higher pay but those guys ride drivers hard. I don't need the BS at this stage in my life.

There have been a few on here jump ship and find happiness at other freight lines, once again proving that there the grass can be greener on the other side. We have to do what we have to do, we spend way too much time on the job to be miserable and bitter. My mental and relational quality of life is so much more than my bank account, I would gladly take a substantial pay cut to be happy. My family deserves better than a Dad that comes home in a job related foul mood.

I guess Averitt thinks if they get a new tractor hear and there,,That Drivers will forget being the lowest paid drivers out there.HEY!! AVERITT,,WE NEED A COST OF LIVING RAISE!!!!