Where are all the California Drivers?

foster1662

TB Lurker
Credits
Most of them had so much input in the past, now none have
anything to say. I would honestly like to hear how things are
going down there, layoffs, hours cut, terminals closing, customers leaving and how much longer you believe this company will last.
Who told you the truth the Teamsters or the Company? Some of you seemed eager to talk about coming up north, come on up there is not much left.
Some seemed eager to talk about yourselves having a job and a paycheck and how the Teamsters Christmas would be so horrible and our kids would have nothing.
We are going into this holiday season knowing what we are doing is right and that is something that money can't buy.
Our kids will be fine and one day will understand what it means to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.

going down there, layoffs, hours cut, terminals closing, customers leaving and how much longer you believe this company will last.
Who told you the truth the Teamsters or the Company? Some of you seemed eager to talk about coming up north, come on up there is not much left.
Some seemed eager to talk about yourselves having a job and a paycheck and how the Teamsters Christmas would be so horrible and our kids would have nothing.
We are going into this holiday season knowing what we are doing is right and that is something that money can't buy.
Our kids will be fine and one day will understand what it means to stand up for yourself and what you believe in.
I posted the comments from someone in las vegas where they finally realized what the teamsters were saying is true. Maybe they realized that the company propaganda is just that. We do not have to take it. There are laws to protect us. Isn't it amazing that a forum who protects thailand people from exploitation is concerned how ohfl employees are being treated. Vanderfools wake up. You aren't as smart as you think.

Foster: The VanderFools told the truth Money is over rated. But then again when they have theirs and they saw fit to put my Dad out on the street for The Holidays I guess I don't have much respect for them. Merry Christmas Dave and Ed you're going to get a bankrupt business and coal in your stocking:hysterical:

I was hoping to hear from non-union employees like Ryerke
out of California or the Rock out of Idaho. I appreciate all the input from our Brothers and Sisters but I'm looking for input from others like these two.

Ryerke, Do you have enough empties now? And what is "shagging trailers":wtflol:

The Rock, I suppose the NLRB is lying to make
Joke Harbor look bad also?

You people were sadly misled by the Vanderfool Brothers
and their empty promises.

#55 (permalink) 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
ryerke
Veteran
That has not been my experience. I have had to go to customers to get empties because there are none in the yard. BFL is sending lines back single because there are no empties. Please contribute, I am not wanting nor needing the extra work shagging trailers.

#59 (permalink) 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM
the rock
Peon
just to let you guy's know that the union is a bunch of liars they are saying thing's that aren't true they are trying to make them selves look good and just to let every body know that they aren't hurting just them self's they are hurting everyone else who is trying to make a living and they need to quit lying! That is your union for you . so to the union keep on lying and keep living in your big house's.and to those that posted the picture of the truck that is laying on it's side happend 5 year's ago and that was a union employee..............!!!!!

We are only worried about Dutch robber barons. By the way Tin Eagle was there anything in the sociaist article that wasn't true? Looked pretty factual to me. I suppose the NLRB ruling upsets you too. The people who strongly stand together on the line probably anger you. The restraining order being rescinded bothers you alot. Moving the fence bugged you too. Im sorry that's just the way it goes. Truth hurts. Cheaters and liars usually get caught. Why does Oak Harbor think it's an exception?

We are only worried about Dutch robber barons. By the way Tin Eagle was there anything in the sociaist article that wasn't true? Looked pretty factual to me. I suppose the NLRB ruling upsets you too. The people who strongly stand together on the line probably anger you. The restraining order being rescinded bothers you alot. Moving the fence bugged you too. Im sorry that's just the way it goes. Truth hurts. Cheaters and liars usually get caught. Why does Oak Harbor think it's an exception?
It appears to me that The Vanderfools believe they are blessed by the Lord. I've seen my Dads OHFL videos, I do not think that you are blessed when you hurt families, Oh thats right VPs are blessed and they let everyone know about it. "let your rightious acts be done in secret then the Lord blesses. Do them and take credit you have got your reward on earth". Dave and Ed have been plotting to take the jobs of dedicated hard working employees. The NLRB said so! My Dad was at work delivering freight with other long time employees and the VPs are out running around telling everyone they are going to replace him???? NOW THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL OHFL CUSTOMERS "THEY HAVE THE BEST TEAM EVER" So you allien yourself with back stabbers that cross pickets, you hire an out fit that has a leader that shows his wiener and is arrested for it, then to top it off you pass bad checks to them and the security company. Dave and Dick Ed You SOBs think that that is doing business in a Christian manner. with christian values. Oh thats right.. you are saved if you attend the CRC. YOU HYPOCRITES! You have hurt my family and I will not forget. I demand you right your wrongs today! Stop this now and put the true loyal top notch employees back to work. The Kidd

Honestly, the NLRB rulings are a pretty big deal. Most ULP strikes are not founded and rarely the NLRB sides with a union. My sources include a labor attorney that spoke with company management where employees are talking about organizing, and some IAM officials I spoke to.

I was hoping to hear from non-union employees like Ryerke
out of California or the Rock out of Idaho. I appreciate all the input from our Brothers and Sisters but I'm looking for input from others like these two.

Ryerke, Do you have enough empties now? And what is "shagging trailers":wtflol:

The Rock, I suppose the NLRB is lying to make
Joke Harbor look bad also?

You people were sadly misled by the Vanderfool Brothers
and their empty promises.

#55 (permalink) 10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
ryerke
Veteran
That has not been my experience. I have had to go to customers to get empties because there are none in the yard. BFL is sending lines back single because there are no empties. Please contribute, I am not wanting nor needing the extra work shagging trailers.

#59 (permalink) 10-31-2008, 07:11 PM
the rock
Peon
just to let you guy's know that the union is a bunch of liars they are saying thing's that aren't true they are trying to make them selves look good and just to let every body know that they aren't hurting just them self's they are hurting everyone else who is trying to make a living and they need to quit lying! That is your union for you . so to the union keep on lying and keep living in your big house's.and to those that posted the picture of the truck that is laying on it's side happend 5 year's ago and that was a union employee..............!!!!!

Heard they might be closing down CAli operations, maybe they are too busy looking for jobs.

Heard they might be closing down CAli operations, maybe they are too busy looking for jobs.

I would think that the exact opposite would be the final move to save the company. Close everything except for CA and NV. Eliminate the excessive backhaul miles, remain open with only non-union terminals, then reopen slowly back up north over time. Just a guess.

I would think that the exact opposite would be the final move to save the company. Close everything except for CA and NV. Eliminate the excessive backhaul miles, remain open with only non-union terminals, then reopen slowly back up north over time. Just a guess.

I think they close down the whole thing, Hire good top notch Teamsters and everyone gets paid a wage based on what the company makes. There are company owners that think outside the box. Instead of trying to bust the union why dont Dave and Ed spend their time figuring out a way so that OHFL has the best paid and has the best benifits for their employees. But no they have to take take take, run the company into the ground. Whats wrong with doing so well that you offer better than what the union is even asking for. You would never have turn over and the workers would bust butt to get the job done. Helping people make the most money they can is better than trying to keep them down. Try to find ways a worker can make more money and you will have a dedicated worker for life. The Kidd:1036316054:

Where are all the nonunion drivers from this forum. My guess they are on craigslist where they can cuss and call names to their hearts content.

My guess is not enough intrastate frt in Cal. to float the sinking boat. Cal. can not stand alone. They need the west coast market which means Auburn and Portland and there is no way they can have it with us holding strong on the line. MERRY X-MAS EVERYONE. Shall we all sing carols for the media on the line? I think we shall .

Lets all hold hands and sing "we shall overcome" then for an encore we can sing "lets give peace a chance" followed by frosty, rudolph and jiggle bells. We will be puting up a tree on the line in Portland. There is always hope.

My guess is not enough intrastate frt in Cal. to float the sinking boat. Cal. can not stand alone. QUOTE]

California, if it were a country by itself, would have the fifth largest economy in the world. USF had a good presence there with Bestway, and screwed it up by expanding and then during the merger with Reddaway. There is a large intra market that could easily absorb Oak Harbor and feed it quite nicely.