Where are Harry's hero's

re:whats happening

I guess I am guilty of assuming the worst of corporate policymakers,having just put in my 8 yrs at Jevic,till the bitter end. I am sorry for the confusing "what if scenario",but given the facts as we know them here at NCT,and knowing our Safety Dept and the reputation of the Head Honcho,I can't help but wonder if there is another agenda going on behind the scenes. The reference to Swift is made because many years ago,their drivers were being treated even worse than peons,and made to log miles that they actually ran,and being paid the infamous HHMG miles. Thus,when a few of them "smartened up",they took Swift to court,saying they gotta pay us for the miles we "are required" to log. So,the courts ruled Swift has to install hubs on each tractor,pay them "Hub miles",not HHMG or any other method. You guys got it now?

I would love to get paid hub miles, then it wouldn't be so bad having to run legal.
You lose 10-15% on your mileage every trip, but Jevic was the same way so it is no different here when it comes to getting screwed on the miles you drive.:duh:
It's not hard to do the math.
600 miles actually driven X .52 = 312.00
Take away 15%
510 paid miles X .52 = 265.20
Now here's the bad part.
265.20 divided by 600 miles actually driven = .442 cpm
52 cpm sounds good until you get screwed on your mileage.::shit::

I was at Westampton today.
There were more loads today than drivers.(and there were quite a few drivers)
Outside carriers out the wazoo too.
I'm not sure if the volume picked up or we've just lost that many drivers.
Either way, I got a 12 stopper to Chicago so I'm not complaining.:clap:

And I don't think it would do any good for them to audit.
Believe it or not, they are MAKING us run 100% legal.

I was at Westampton today.
There were more loads today than drivers.(and there were quite a few drivers)
Outside carriers out the wazoo too.
I'm not sure if the volume picked up or we've just lost that many drivers.
Either way, I got a 12 stopper to Chicago so I'm not complaining.:clap:

And I don't think it would do any good for them to audit.
Believe it or not, they are MAKING us run 100% legal.

I know the end of a quarter usually sees a sharp uptick in tonnage. It was a nightmare at Jevic.

mileage and pay vs dot comlpiancy

It would appear that this is another "hotbutton issue" that is not going to be resolved anytime soon. I have to interject with one of the most recent rumors regarding the Qualcomm logging requirement. The other week at least 40 drivers received a reprimand and 3 days off without pay for not matching logs. Some of these guys quit and are none to happy with the direction NCT is heading. I just have 1 question for all you dear readers: Does anyone remeber the Swift driver's lawsuit over not being paid for all the miles they ran and were required to log? Ooops! Can anyone mention at least one other company using the Qualcomm that requires drivers to match their logs against? Are you starting to see the hidden message?

Wal-Mart trans uses Qalcom and paperless logs on the on board computer (obc) logs must match qualcom ! log violations can result in dismisal... pay by the mile can be calculated by the driver every day = all miles traveled recorded on Qualcom . you allways know what it should be and if it needs to be corrected for any reason there is also a print out of your trips broken down for all at end of week .
all miles + drops + hooks + unsceduled time + layovers+ downtime . no suprises !

so if thats the direction NCT goes .44 would be fair as long as they payed acuratly for the other things/drop and hooks on the yard and detention time that falls into the 14 hour rule come to mind at first . still rewarding for those that get the most production from 11 hours driving accurate to the minuet and 14 hour work periods . the Black box is here and we are going to have to live with it .
NCT will evolve and can still exact the most production from the Elite professional drivers they have . first they have to revamp the compensation structure .
the total compensation you receive would be simular to now but the rates would be less IE pay per mile, but the miles payed would be acurate .the items that are assumed to be included in the inflated rate today would be compensated for at a nominal rate .IE waiting time detention time and drops ,hooks, layovers and PU's and Delivery .
This transparency would increase the drivers trust in the system and encourage professionalism .all the while in full compliance of all D.O.T regulations .
NCT would continue to be a leader in Transportation and Logistics Management . NCT and their Professional Drivers would still be infront of the curve .
Times are difficult now . Big company's in trouble ,lot's of Government involvement , Legislative solutions , more rules . The Trucking Company's that can and do observe all the rule's will have an advantage over "outlaw" operators in the future . So the sooner we abandon our outlaw ways the better chances we have of surviving in the comming months and years ahead .

You guys have to give 4hrs before you get detention?

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get the whip out!!!!!!!!!!!!
bend over!!!!!!!!!! Heeeeeeeeeeee Heeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting worse by the day

There were no problems here until the boys from pennsuken got here its time for harry to come in a clean house starting with mike m!!!!!

It would appear that this is another "hotbutton issue" that is not going to be resolved anytime soon. I have to interject with one of the most recent rumors regarding the Qualcomm logging requirement. The other week at least 40 drivers received a reprimand and 3 days off without pay for not matching logs. Some of these guys quit and are none to happy with the direction NCT is heading. I just have 1 question for all you dear readers: Does anyone remeber the Swift driver's lawsuit over not being paid for all the miles they ran and were required to log? Ooops! Can anyone mention at least one other company using the Qualcomm that requires drivers to match their logs against? Are you starting to see the hidden message?

Heartland is doing the same thing. DH just went with them.. former Jevic employee till they shut.. make that slammed the door in his and a lot of other's faces :ranting2:

Qual com and logs

Wal-Mart uses qualcom to log and pays all miles traveled . not matching is considered log falsification and could result in Termination , ie. not logging in or fueling while not logged on

If you had enoff money would you buy a trucking company?? For get yellow try reading the wall street jornal first yrcw = $4.20

What'd he say?

Dude,you cant be serious! If you had the multi millions it would take to bail out a segment of the biz,you'd already know truckin is a never ending moneypit,unless you want to buy NCT just to set it on fire and roast marshmellows!!!

If you had enoff money would you buy a trucking company?? For get yellow try reading the wall street jornal first yrcw = $4.20

What ever your smoking or taking? how about sharing with the rest of us!!!

URL=http://img171.imageshack.us/i/youaretoofunnyag1.gif/]
youaretoofunnyag1.gif
[/URL]