FedEx Freight | Where are the linehaul/road openings going to be ?

Nomad

TB Lurker
Credits
Being below the cut line at my home terminal I'm faced with possible relocation or taking the severance. I hear some terminals will be needing to add linehaul/road drivers. Other than the thriving metropolis of Holbrook, Az. what others are ya'll hearing?

It sounds like I'm writting to one of the Benson Boys. I can't believe all the nonsense they have put you guys through the last year. This is what I know for sure. For starters 15 line drivers will be laid off out of the FXFN terminal in Mira Loma Ca. The Fontana Ca drivers gets first crack at the severance pay. 2 drivers took it. Now it has been open up regionally I know of 3 more drivers who have volunteered to take the early out. There might be more. Anaheim Ca is moving four line drivers to the FXFN in Orange Ca. They don't have any line drivers now. They will also be adding 6 more drivers for shuttle and one extra board driver in Orange Ca. Anaheim Ca will also need more drivers to replace the ones transferring. This will also be shuttle work. How about the rest of you Southern Cal drivers helping out the Benson Boys. If you have any information, now is the time to let them know. They have had enough bad luck this year to last a life time. TP

Actually I'm a Denver driver. There are about 27 of us below the cut line after putting FXNL over to the FXF barn and they also brought down the Sidney,NE drivers and added them to the new combined barn. All the 27 +/- we're hired in the last 8 mos. or so. Denver's new #'s are 135 total drivers, 110 bid runs with 25 extra board spots and the 27 or so SOL drivers.

From what I understand any displaced drivers will have first shot at any open positioins within the company. I have heard that even after the merger that Amarillo is putting on 30 road drivers...........might wanna check that out since your from Denver

I know North Platte severaly understaffed and plan 4 new day runs next bid or as rumour has it NPL is on of our main meet and we expect to grow another 20% don't know time frame

Last edited by a moderator:
I REALLY appreciate the leads! It gives a little lead time to check out the locations before the list is thrown into your lap and being told you got one day to make up your mind! Keep the leads coming drivers! Thanks, Nomad

Sacramento will have one opening. Would most likely be 3&2, little to no dock work on front end. 300 mile run each way, little or no work on return trip. So basically about $200 per day.

If anybody remembers's
last years realignment for linehaul
alot of guys moved last year only to
LOSE THERE JOBS this time
if you have other options , look at them real good before you pull up stakes

I can tell you all that I was personally affected by the realignment of 2009. I spent nearly 10,000 in relocation expenses and consequently lost my position and given a 3,000.00 (1800.00 after taxes are taken out of your check) pat on the back. Lost my home, lost my 780 credit score ( now about 540) and bankruptcy is looming ahead. So yea, I dare ya, go move with this company and when this economy tanks big time like it's really projected to do, you will lose big time like I did

I can tell you all that I was personally affected by the realignment of 2009. I spent nearly 10,000 in relocation expenses and consequently lost my position and given a 3,000.00 (1800.00 after taxes are taken out of your check) pat on the back. Lost my home, lost my 780 credit score ( now about 540) and bankruptcy is looming ahead. So yea, I dare ya, go move with this company and when this economy tanks big time like it's really projected to do, you will lose big time like I did
I'm sorry things didn't work out well for you. Personally I would not buy a house until I was damn sure the position would be long term. I would make sure there are back up driving opportunities if the Fedex plan falters. In other words my life would not collapse into a heap of smoldering turd like yours has if the job goes away. The reason I started this thread is to explore the possible locations ahead of time, to have a back-up plan. As for the economy, nobody knows for sure what it's long term prognosis is. Most economists predict a long, slow growth period. Those who predict a massive collapse are in the minority, most of whom are doomsdayers anyways. If all doesn't go as planned, I certainly will not "lose big time like you did" as I am not a loser like you are. Turn all that negative attitude around and dig yourself out, and bankruptcy might be a good choice, to get a fresh start. But please don't throw all them negative vibes at me because your life sucks. Best of luck to you!

You really are a big aren't you? Not once did I imply you suck. I wish nothing but ill will on you and yours since you already lost your job because your well on your way anyways you National. So, go ahead mods, kick me off these boards cause I'm not going to let this national driver get away with that crap.
Oh. I failed to mention that although my credit may suck, I now make just shy of a 100,000.00 and I'd rather have great money and crappy credit than a crappy job and great credit

You really are a big dick aren't you? Not once did I imply you suck. I wish nothing but ill will on you and yours since you already lost your job because your well on your way anyways you National. So, go ahead mods, kick me off these boards cause I'm not going to let this national driver get away with that crap.
Oh. I failed to mention that although my credit may suck, I now make just shy of a 100,000.00 and I'd rather have great money and crappy credit than a crappy job and great credit

so whats your big b****h ????

You really are a big aren't you? Not once did I imply you suck. I wish nothing but ill will on you and yours since you already lost your job because your well on your way anyways you National. So, go ahead mods, kick me off these boards cause I'm not going to let this national driver get away with that crap.

you don't need credit if you have cash...

Clean up the language ci

Sacramento will have one opening. Would most likely be 3&2, little to no dock work on front end. 300 mile run each way, little or no work on return trip. So basically about $200 per day.

Richard Cranium :kicking:

What a bunch of lighweights.
You SAC drivers REALLY need to have a 3&2 layover run to run 300 miles???:LMAO::LMAO:
I thought Medford was 315 miles.
Maybe you guys need a Yreka meet run so you can sleep in your own bed.
Whatever happened to trying to save money on motel bills????
Just saying............

:Emoticon_digging:

What a bunch of lighweights.
You SAC drivers REALLY need to have a 3&2 layover run to run 300 miles???
I thought Medford was 315 miles.
Maybe you guys need a Yreka meet run so you can sleep in your own bed.
Whatever happened to trying to save money on motel bills????
Just saying............

I just remembered something.
Actually they need to move this 3&2 run back to SJC (Santa Clara) like it used to be many years ago.
I seem to remember a guy that used to do that run, and it worked very well till he decided to move.