Where did everyone go?

Where is everyone? Why so quiet?
Wishing you all a good day.:popcorn:
I think everyone is waiting to see what the company will pull next. Most are happy to making a pay check again but without the medical & pension with no raise for years this is one of the most questionable jobs to have. Oak Harbor used to be the premier regional carrier to work for but for some reason the VP's want to destroy that.

I think everyone is waiting to see what the company will pull next. Most are happy to making a pay check again but without the medical & pension with no raise for years this is one of the most questionable jobs to have. Oak Harbor used to be the premier regional carrier to work for but for some reason the VP's want to destroy that.

Sad to feel like sompany is going to try to pull something. This whole situation stinks...for union and non union alike.

Trucking companies are killing each other and the shippers are loving it. We have customers telling us that company X or company Y came in with a cheaper rate and Oak did not match...so we gave the freight to them. Now we sit in the shade when we should be putting revenue in the trailers. Until this ends, more companies will have no choice but to cut costs. A shipper that gave us 3-6 bills a day right through the strike now only uses us when their new cheaper carrier fails to show up on time and they have no other choice.

It would not take much to kill us all, given the price war and willingness of many carriers to cut rates.

Sad to feel like company is going to try to pull something. This whole situation stinks...for union and non union alike.

I don't think it is unreasonable to think the company is going to try and pull something again, look at their past record. Why has there been no news of upcoming negotiations?
Still no contract since Oct of 2007. I think most of are having a wait and see attitude,
hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
There is no real reason to be optimistic that this is over, there are many questions that can only be answered with time. Lots are reading this forum looking for any updates but there are none.

When will the new contract be up for voting and when will you all get to meet and discuss it?

When the Vanderfools pull their head out of their:moon2:
Do the Vanderfool boys even run their own company anymore? Seems as though John P and Bob B the attorneys are making all the decisions, and those decisions are not in the best interest of the company. However the company will need major legal advice for quite some time so I would guess they are insuring their own job security.

:TR10driving03:

The company has yet to respond to any of our previous two offers, and has only offered a vague promise of a conceptual offer. No dates, no timeframes...yeah, they are really showing SOME kind of effort to get a contract.

They can talk the talk all they want, but they never wanted an agreement, and aren't about to try and get one now!