Estes | Where do they find them?

kantgetryte

TB Legend
Credits
Driver hooks up to what he thought was his trl for that day,BUT, he hit it hard,really hard,gets out and realizes he's got the wrong one OK we've all done that BUT he can't get it unhooked. Goes and finds some chain (30-40 ft)and another tractor hooks one end to the 5th wheel release lever and the other end to the pintal hook----remember how much chain he had? Takes off and lo an behold the handle is pretty much straighted out, still unable to get it unhooked, the bad part is it's a road unit married up to a 45 and since we don't have a shop and use an outside vendor whatch ya gonna do Sparky?

Driver hooks up to what he thought was his trl for that day,BUT, he hit it hard,really hard,gets out and realizes he's got the wrong one OK we've all done that BUT he can't get it unhooked. Goes and finds some chain (30-40 ft)and another tractor hooks one end to the 5th wheel release lever and the other end to the pintal hook----remember how much chain he had? Takes off and lo an behold the handle is pretty much straighted out, still unable to get it unhooked, the bad part is it's a road unit married up to a 45 and since we don't have a shop and use an outside vendor whatch ya gonna do Sparky?

Well, kantgetryte. First I would take a look at this guy and see if he may be mentally challenged. Second, a pee test. Third, I would assure him, that being different is Ok. Then I would find the guy who hired him and hit him square in the mouth.Last, I would suggest, maybe, just maybe, this kind of work is not for him.

Ever think about getting into the wrecker business.Since he likes chains and all.

How many gears had he gone through, when the slack finally came out of the chain, is the question... Dumb ::shit:: ...

I thought Beerboy was smarter than that! :biglaugh:

I don't know about anywhere else, but my fifth wheel NEVER gets oiled underneath at ANY PM it has ever gotten. Ever pull the lever on a spare that you have to do a quick move? It dislocates your entire shoulder, collar bone, and breast plates!

Please tell my this guy was at least smart enought to throw it in gear, and try to take the pressure off the pin first...

That sounds like a :loser:, sorry that is not right we do not know what was going thru is brain if he even has one. At least no one was hurt and he learned his lesson, next time use cable wire and a sleeper it might work better:poster_oops:

I saw this at a stop the other day!:biglaugh:

common-sense-demotivational-poster.jpg