XPO | Where is our RAISE

Commercial Drivers in general are behind on their pay.

Full stop.

For the amount of time and effort it takes to do your job along with the risks you assume when doing your job , the compensation is totally out of line. ( For most truck driving jobs , not all truck driving jobs )
$42.36 /hr. Plus fully paid healthcare, fully company paid retirement. It’s way past $10/ hr ! Union representation from workers who stand together sucks! Deregulated LTL is soooo good For the drivers .
I believe in the kind heart of our employers.

I gave a simple fact that he cannot dispute. 4% is the max match no matter how much you contribute. We do make a prevailing wage and yes we do work hard long hours for it. Do we deserve more to stay competitive with competition? That’s for them to decide if they can retain employees. Those are facts they can call me whoever they want me to be.
I love the free market naivete of the last 40 years. Labor's house is on fire, and the retort is always, "Well, unless all their employees leave, they must be doing something right!" No. They're not doing anything right, and neither are most of their competition.

"Ohhh let's see here. 36 cpm with a 4% 401k match, or 40 cpm with a 2% 401k match? How do I want my fast food slop pay package to look?"

I'll believe in the free market when CEO pay comes down a tad.

I'll believe in the free market when CEO pay comes down a tad.
LMAO....the CEO job is purposely jacked up as they don't look for the most qualified, the boards of these companies always know someone who will be "great for the job" so they don't advertise or try to find a qualified individual like they do for filling any other job...the good old boys club....creates an artificial shortage of qualified people which makes the jobs very lucrative....

LMAO....the CEO job is purposely jacked up as they don't look for the most qualified, the boards of these companies always know someone who will be "great for the job" so they don't advertise or try to find a qualified individual like they do for filling any other job...the good old boys club....creates an artificial shortage of qualified people which makes the jobs very lucrative....
Well, if there's a glut of people who'd be "great for the job," and if the job requires so little specific skill, doesn't that imply there'd be excess supply of good ole boys for those jobs?

I mean... if supply and demand is the beacon that lights our economy, right? ;)

We do make a prevailing wage and yes we do work hard long hours for it. Do we deserve more to stay competitive with competition? That’s for them to decide if they can retain employees. Those are facts they can call me whoever they want me to be.
This garbage really makes me sad. For them to decide? Nah, dog. Get on your own team here.
Those aren't "facts", and they never have been. Its ideological, neoliberal BS peddled as common sense.
"We make enough" is something fools who enjoy being abused say.

This garbage really makes me sad. For them to decide? Nah, dog. Get on your own team here.
Those aren't "facts", and they never have been. Its ideological, neoliberal BS peddled as common sense.
"We make enough" is something fools who enjoy being abused say.
Hate to say it, but it's ACTUALLY conservative talk. "If muh boss makes money, it'll trickle down to me!"

The real question why in the last few years have the pay gone up so much and so fast. Is it at were it need to be, No, but in all my years as a driver the amount of the raise % is alot greater. Hell I remember the days of only getting a $.10 per hr raise. The last raise was well over $1. When I started here top pay in my area was $19 now it at $32. I think when I left LTL freight back in early 2003 top rate was around $15 to 16 per hr. So from 2003 to 2014 top pay only went up about $4. or on average $.36 per yr raise. Were as in the last 8yrs it went up $13 or on average $1.65 per year raise.
Now before you all gang up and want to bring up free healthcare and pension back then, you can't because the company I left had no pension and we paid into a healthcare plan just like I do when I started here.

Years ago we did more work then we do now. Hell these new driver couldn't even read a map book let alone drive a truck with a manual trans. They are leaving as fast as the schools are pumping them out. We had 2 so far come out of the XPO crash course school and quit one only was here one day after school. We have another waiting for his 6 months to be up to collect the sign on bonus then he gone.

As I look around my area more and more driving jobs are paying close to what we are. 30 to 35 per hour with NO dock, no pallet jacking freight or unloading, drop and hook, home everyday with weekends and holidays off and I sure a hell of alot of less stress. Some pay OT and other do not. Many are leaving for better working condition, better work life balance, but not so much for better pay. Right now there not one LTL carrier that's not hiring. If they want to get more and better driver then it's time to dig deep and start paying more then just an hourly rate..

The real question why in the last few years have the pay gone up so much and so fast. Is it at were it need to be, No, but in all my years as a driver the amount of the raise % is alot greater. Hell I remember the days of only getting a $.10 per hr raise. The last raise was well over $1. When I started here top pay in my area was $19 now it at $32. I think when I left LTL freight back in early 2003 top rate was around $15 to 16 per hr. So from 2003 to 2014 top pay only went up about $4. or on average $.36 per yr raise. Were as in the last 8yrs it went up $13 or on average $1.65 per year raise.
Now before you all gang up and want to bring up free healthcare and pension back then, you can't because the company I left had no pension and we paid into a healthcare plan just like I do when I started here.

Years ago we did more work then we do now. Hell these new driver couldn't even read a map book let alone drive a truck with a manual trans. They are leaving as fast as the schools are pumping them out. We had 2 so far come out of the XPO crash course school and quit one only was here one day after school. We have another waiting for his 6 months to be up to collect the sign on bonus then he gone.

As I look around my area more and more driving jobs are paying close to what we are. 30 to 35 per hour with NO dock, no pallet jacking freight or unloading, drop and hook, home everyday with weekends and holidays off and I sure a hell of alot of less stress. Some pay OT and other do not. Many are leaving for better working condition, better work life balance, but not so much for better pay. Right now there not one LTL carrier that's not hiring. If they want to get more and better driver then it's time to dig deep and start paying more then just an hourly rate..
An hourly rate is the best way to get paid, as long as there's OT after 40. It's just the AMOUNT of that hourly pay that's in question.

$42.36 /hr. Plus fully paid healthcare, fully company paid retirement. It’s way past $10/ hr ! Union representation from workers who stand together sucks! Deregulated LTL is soooo good For the drivers .
I believe in the kind heart of our employers.
I don't believe the Teamsters can get any LTL to these numbers because UPS is not LTL. It's not a balanced comparison between XPO and UPS. If anyone should be hollering about wages compared to UPS, it should be Fedex Ground. Those are the drivers that truly are getting screwed.

When I started at Con-Way in 2009 starting pay at my barn was 18 top out was 22 or 23......I remember Peachy telling us he started at 22.50 at about the same time as when I started.....and we all know Peachy would never lie..LMFAO

I don't believe the Teamsters can get any LTL to these numbers because UPS is not LTL. It's not a balanced comparison between XPO and UPS. If anyone should be hollering about wages compared to UPS, it should be Fedex Ground. Those are the drivers that truly are getting screwed.
There are no FedEx Ground drivers. The contractors are standing around waiting to stab each other in the back to steal drivers or lanes or whatever else. That place is a joke.

We make plenty of money. Waiting on a better 401k match.
Talk for yourself, I am sure your are 60 years old got your house paid your kids are out of the house and what not ? These days what make is not enough dedicated companies that run cities are making as much as we are , LTL used to get paid well not anymore, our switchers are now making 28$ an hr , dock guys 24-25 what’s the point having hazmat double and triple endorsement and tanker when the damn switcher is making 3 dollars less then me, old dominion dock guys are making 30 dollars an hour , and the FedEx guys on the dock 29 and you are telling me it’s enough, I don’t what you are smoking buddy but I want some of that

Last edited: