XPO | Where is our RAISE

Yes , corporations that report an annual profit to their shareholders of 1 Billion or more over a three year average.

The current tax rate worldwide is near 24 %

The current US standard corporate tax rate is 21 % . Most companies do not pay that amount through loopholes In the tax code. Example Amazon paid under 9 %. So the new law eliminates that by making it a 15% the bare minimum. So essentially it lowers it from the potential of paying 21 %. It‘s confusing but theirs a lot of misinformation out there that’s politically charged from both sides . I try to bypass the hype and look for the facts. It’s not easy.
I don’t think any party wants to stifle US corporations through taxes . It would be political *******.

US companies seem to have a pretty fair deal when it comes to taxes.

Hell ,wouldn’t we all love to pay no taxes ! Unfortunately it’s part of living in a developed country.

The wealthy are crying ouch when there’s no reason . It’s just like a spoiled child screaming when you take a piece of candy from their already burgeoning stash.
I don't know even were to start.....
For one stop calling them loopholes. The left love this word they blame everything on it even though they use the same tax loophole themselves. Companies like Amazon did write the tax law. They just follow it.
Well please will you start looking at facts... If you went and put up solar panels at you house you can get a tax credit or like the term you use LOOPHOLES. Which lowers you tax liability. Get enough credits and you can lower your taxing percentage.
So a company like Amazon spend money to open and update there company which by the tax law lets them take tax credit on the money they reinvested in the company. Lowering the tax liability

Now you want to fix this and it can be fix.....It's called a flat tax. No credits or deduction and everyone pays the same percentage. Then it all fair. Just think what we would save in taxes that are spent in just the IRS, refund check, aduits, and so on.
Your taxes would be one piece of paper. I made $xxxx the tax rate is % I paid in $xxx done. The flat tax is the most fair and equal tax system.

The wealthy aren't crying out they are laughing because they know the IRS will be coming after the working class and poor.

Yes , corporations that report an annual profit to their shareholders of 1 Billion or more over a three year average.

The current tax rate worldwide is near 24 %

The current US standard corporate tax rate is 21 % . Most companies do not pay that amount through loopholes In the tax code. Example Amazon paid under 9 %. So the new law eliminates that by making it a 15% the bare minimum. So essentially it lowers it from the potential of paying 21 %. It‘s confusing but theirs a lot of misinformation out there that’s politically charged from both sides . I try to bypass the hype and look for the facts. It’s not easy.
I don’t think any party wants to stifle US corporations through taxes . It would be political *******.

US companies seem to have a pretty fair deal when it comes to taxes.

Hell ,wouldn’t we all love to pay no taxes ! Unfortunately it’s part of living in a developed country.

The wealthy are crying ouch when there’s no reason . It’s just like a spoiled child screaming when you take a piece of candy from their already burgeoning stash.
I get what you're saying, but it looks like you're avoiding the point I made. We pay more for consumer goods when the government raises taxes on corporations because those corporations raise their prices to cover the increase. So if you're supporting higher corporate taxes, you're supporting more middle class financial suffering. Money is fungible.

I don't know even were to start.....
For one stop calling them loopholes. The left love this word they blame everything on it even though they use the same tax loophole themselves. Companies like Amazon did write the tax law. They just follow it.
Well please will you start looking at facts... If you went and put up solar panels at you house you can get a tax credit or like the term you use LOOPHOLES. Which lowers you tax liability. Get enough credits and you can lower your taxing percentage.
So a company like Amazon spend money to open and update there company which by the tax law lets them take tax credit on the money they reinvested in the company. Lowering the tax liability

Now you want to fix this and it can be fix.....It's called a flat tax. No credits or deduction and everyone pays the same percentage. Then it all fair. Just think what we would save in taxes that are spent in just the IRS, refund check, aduits, and so on.
Your taxes would be one piece of paper. I made $xxxx the tax rate is % I paid in $xxx done. The flat tax is the most fair and equal tax system.

The wealthy aren't crying out they are laughing because they know the IRS will be coming after the working class and poor.
You pick the most bias sources to back your claims. Try to do some research on your sources if you want to make a valid argument.

I get what you're saying, but it looks like you're avoiding the point I made. We pay more for consumer goods when the government raises taxes on corporations because those corporations raise their prices to cover the increase. So if you're supporting higher corporate taxes, you're supporting more middle class financial suffering. Money is fungible.
That may be but consumers can look to their competitors for cheaper alternatives also . So that limits the amount they can raise prices. We can never raise taxes on companies to a fair level because of this threat ? Come on American corporations have some of the lowest tax rates going .

Last edited:
I'm somewhere in between you two (or three) on the increase in auditing of middle class.... on one hand going after someone who makes a 100 grand a year will not net the IRS a dime they will lose money on any collection there...I would assume auditing someone like that would only occur if the person is trying to cheat in a very over the top way....and I agree the flat tax is the way to go....the article I'm going to post I think is very balanced and I would love to hear everyone's take on it...

You pick the most bias sources to back your claims. Try to do some research on your sources if you want to make a valid argument.

I think by now you know that I distrust both parties, and I'm a registered Republican...that being said that bill was grandstanding at it's best.... so they can't do ANY audits of people under 400k will create a whole new class of tax cheats....just like NY arrest and release laws....bad law with lots of unintended consequences...as an added bonus it makes great partisan headlines though...

Well the good news is the LTL business is so slow you should have no problem catching up.
We still can’t find drivers . We’re pretty much reliant on the school. We still use 6-8 cartage trucks a day. We also use walkabouts daily. We remain busy.

Where do your walkabouts come from?
Milton , Jessup , Cinnaminson, Vinland , West Chester. The funniest thing is they the guys tell me they have walkabouts fill in at their locations when they leave. Admittedly we don’t see the big picture but on the face of it this seems odd.