XPO | Where is our RAISE

Talk for yourself, I am sure your are 60 years old got your house paid your kids are out of the house and what not ? These days what make is not enough dedicated companies that run cities are making as much as we are , LTL used to get paid well not anymore, our switchers are now making 28$ an hr , dock guys 24-25 what’s the point having hazmat double and triple endorsement and tanker when the damn switcher is making 3 dollars less then me, old dominion dock guys are making 30 dollars an hour , and the FedEx guys on the dock 29 and you are telling me it’s enough, I don’t what you are smoking buddy but I want some of that
Well per his member profile he is only he only 6yrs older then you are. You 41 him 47.
You could pay $100 per hour and there still would be someone b1tching they aren't paid enough.
Life is about choices, choices you made and no one else. No one held a gun to your head. If you don't like the view then it might be time to change your view. Turn in your CDL and be a dockworker or switcher.
Let me let you in on a little secret..... I been doing this for over 30yrs and I have never been paid enough and probably never will be. My base pay is 67K. I know people with college degrees that don't even make that a year.

Let me let you in on a little secret..... I been doing this for over 30yrs and I have never been paid enough and probably never will be. My base pay is 67K. I know people with college degrees that don't even make that a year.
Like you said life is about choices....if you go to college and get a degree, go for something that earns more than a truck driver.....I had a girlfriend who was a social worker, she would whine that I made more than her, I told her she should have thought about that before she went....

Talk for yourself, I am sure your are 60 years old got your house paid your kids are out of the house and what not ? These days what make is not enough dedicated companies that run cities are making as much as we are , LTL used to get paid well not anymore, our switchers are now making 28$ an hr , dock guys 24-25 what’s the point having hazmat double and triple endorsement and tanker when the damn switcher is making 3 dollars less then me, old dominion dock guys are making 30 dollars an hour , and the FedEx guys on the dock 29 and you are telling me it’s enough, I don’t what you are smoking buddy but I want some of that
Sounds like you can’t afford it.

A joke, but that's the blue collar mindset that 95% of the drivers have. Give up something in exchange for something that will allow you to make more money for the company.
Exactly...when I first went to LTL a friend of mine commented that the trucks look kind of crappy compared to the some of the fancy truckload carriers.....I replied that I would drive any (safe) tractor, even a John Deere if you paid me enough....

A joke, but that's the blue collar mindset that 95% of the drivers have. Give up something in exchange for something that will allow you to make more money for the company.
It’s like R&L drivers buying their own pallet jacks . I don’t understand why a company would not provide the tools for the job. Don’t give me that it makes the driver more responsible for the pallet jack. The company should provide them and put a system in place that secures them and Assure the driver return them at the end of each shift to that secure area. The management and drivers need to be responsible for the jacks. We have had drivers leave them in trailers in the yard and via driver knowingly take them instead of pulling them off. When the via driver sees them they should report it to management. That way the driver that left it on their can be held accountable for his actions.

It’s like R&L drivers buying their own pallet jacks . I don’t understand why a company would not provide the tools for the job. Don’t give me that it makes the driver more responsible for the pallet jack. The company should provide them and put a system in place that secures them and Assure the driver return them at the end of each shift to that secure area. The management and drivers need to be responsible for the jacks. We have had drivers leave them in trailers in the yard and via driver knowingly take them instead of pulling them off. When the via driver sees them they should report it to management. That way the driver that left it on their can be held accountable for his actions.
You can't do all that because that puts some responsibility on management.....

You can't do all that because that puts some responsibility on management.....
Drivers don’t realize it at Xpo but more and more task are being put on them a little bit at a time. Take as an example. We used to have billers who entered all information from the the bills when we returned to terminal. Now the drivers have taken on the large part of that while on there P&D route. Dimension capture same thing and very time consuming. The new pro label system is the same for P&D very very time consuming. It all adds up . Doing more task for same pay.

Like you said life is about choices....if you go to college and get a degree, go for something that earns more than a truck driver.....I had a girlfriend who was a social worker, she would whine that I made more than her, I told her she should have thought about that before she went....
I never knew that Puddin’ was a social worker. She had been accused of working in a social setting from time to time. Fortunately, I was able to bail her out.
:hide::hide::hide:

Drivers don’t realize it at Xpo but more and more task are being put on them a little bit at a time. Take as an example. We used to have billers who entered all information from the the bills when we returned to terminal. Now the drivers have taken on the large part of that while on there P&D route. Dimension capture same thing and very time consuming. The new pro label system is the same for P&D very very time consuming. It all adds up . Doing more task for same pay.
You do get paid by the hour, don’t you?

You do get paid by the hour, don’t you?
Dude we at New Penn are doing a lot too. No need for billers no more. We gotta scan our own bills with the computer before we load them in the trailer. We gotta make sure not to load any bills that need an appointment. We gotta close out our loads on our own. We did all this in exchange for 15% reduction in pay & pension. Isn’t life great?

I don’t understand why a company would not provide the tools for the job.
Know alot of mechanics, carpenters, electrician, plumbers, and HVAC tech that have to buy there own tools. The one mechanic I know has over $30K wrapped up in tools
Don’t give me that it makes the driver more responsible for the pallet jack.
Why not. People have more respect and responsible when they are tied to an item financially..How many wrench's to you find in you truck when it come back from the shop. 8yrs and have yet to find one
The management and drivers need to be responsible for the jacks.
Why should management be responsible??? There not the one taking them on the street. It's like saying management is responsible for the tractor trailer you are driving.
We have had drivers leave them in trailers in the yard and via driver knowingly take them instead of pulling them off.
I have pull 3 jack off this year at your place. I done doing it. If your drivers are to lazy to back in the dock and pull off there jack, I'm sure there on OT by then, then so am I. My city drivers thank you for the extra equipment.
When the via driver sees them they should report it to management. That way the driver that left it on their can be held accountable for his actions.
Now that's funny....You are saying you have no management so who would I tell???
Accountable....Really. I seen city driver not enter hazmat details and the load come into the FAC without placards. I sure no ones held accountable for that....

If you call someone out they going crying to HR or the union in your case and say they are being bullied. The problem today is the management is to afraid to hold someone accountable and driver have no self pride in the job

Let me ask....Didn't you use to call in you bill back in the day? With pro#, skid count, weight and zip? Billing is now out of a central location just like it was when Con-way was running the show.
Let me see call-in wait on hold....then talk to someone to enter the info or..... Scan the pro, enter zip, weight, skid count, and dims... I mean if I was in the city I would care because I paid by the hour, but which one is easier on the driver?

Everything in this post you are b1tching about the great Con-way was doing for years. Yes the new pro are going to add some time, but hey tick tock tick tock paid by the hour. You are paid by the hour why does it matter how many task they give you to do. It not like there differant pay scales for each task.