ODFL | Where is the best OD yard

sparky

TB Regular
Credits
I liked Indy You drop your set in a designated area, the linehaul office is in the front middle of the yard in its own building with convenient parking, you hook your own set but they tell you where your trailers are, the hostlers are friendly enough and so is linehaul management.

But I do not get around much.

Indy is OK but it has some drawbacks. HAR is probably the best setup yard and organized operation. It has a driveup window as you pull on the yard, 3 indoor fuel bays, you then can drive thru the wash and on to the drop pad. Everything flows and it seems like everyone does their job. It's easy to drop and find a jiff and then easy to hook. It also has the motel right at the end of the road and a good restaurant next to the motel if you're running single.

Beeman said:
Indy is OK but it has some drawbacks. HAR is probably the best setup yard and organized operation. It has a driveup window as you pull on the yard, 3 indoor fuel bays, you then can drive thru the wash and on to the drop pad. Everything flows and it seems like everyone does their job. It's easy to drop and find a jiff and then easy to hook. It also has the motel right at the end of the road and a good restaurant next to the motel if you're running single.
Wow sounds almost like Paradise I will have to mention that one to my TM

GBO,MRT,IND,HAR,RTO,ELP,DEN,MIA,COH. Each and everyone of these listed are very roomy and clutter free,only three have drive thru wash bays.GBO though is the only one that will hook your set........that is if its not raining.

I like ELP and RTO.. both roomy, more than enough to hook and drop sets.

Our new place will be just like that. They tore out the fuel island that used to be there though!!

JAX is nice and flat...little cramped in the back corner.
GBO is nice and open but too many politicans
HAR is great but too close to Jersey City and Brooklin
MRT is too big and no one knows what the hell is going on or where your tlr is

i like milw terminal , huge yard...actually more than we need , but will never complain..more room the better i guess

mike/odfl said:
i like milw terminal , huge yard...actually more than we need , but will never complain..more room the better i guess
Yea Mike that is quite the yard. It will take a while for you guys to run out of room. LOL

thanks smokestack, im very glad to be here, feels like family already...anyways, im a p&d driver, but because we were really slow last week, i ran "days" mon, tues, wens, and then went on night linehaul thurs ,fri. went to chicago"s hub....couldnt believe how tight it was..i was expecting a lot bigger yard i guess

mike/odfl said:
thanks smokestack, im very glad to be here, feels like family already...anyways, im a p&d driver, but because we were really slow last week, i ran "days" mon, tues, wens, and then went on night linehaul thurs ,fri. went to chicago"s hub....couldnt believe how tight it was..i was expecting a lot bigger yard i guess

TIGHT! You should have gone to the old terminal around the corner, or Des Plains when it was the break bulk. There were times at DES that you had to break your set in the road to get in the terminal yard. Such a nice friendly bunch working at CHI too, I had the choice of bagging to CHI or HAR last week, It didn't take long to figure out where to go.

Beeman said:
TIGHT! You should have gone to the old terminal around the corner, or Des Plains when it was the break bulk. There were times at DES that you had to break your set in the road to get in the terminal yard. Such a nice friendly bunch working at CHI too, I had the choice of bagging to CHI or HAR last week, It didn't take long to figure out where to go.
haha! i hear ya! .....never been to desplaines yet, prob wont for awhile, im not usually on linehaul, but because were slow, i have to go where they need me i guess

Tater said:
How's the White Pine Tn yard. It looks huge going by on I81
That's Morristown or MRT, and yes it's in White Pine. It's big and has the most linehaul drivers and definetly the majority of the teams. The part you see is the terminal and the tractor,forklift,jiff,trailer shop, fuel bays and truck wash. If you get off and go to the terminal there is another set of shops across the street. That's the tractor and trailer body shop and also where the driver training classes are held, it's the old shop building from before the new terminal was built. If you go to the other side of the interstate past the Wilco truckstop that is where the old terminal is and they use the yard for driver training as it sits empty. If you follow the route guide directions from some terminals to MRT you might end up at the old terminal as some have never been updated.

I like Harrisburg, Its like a fast food drive thru....you pull up to the window and hand your bills to dispatch and then pull into the fuel bay, which are drive thru bays , big yard, truck wash...