Central Transport | Where this is smoke there is fire

L

ltl is great

There have been a lost of post recently in support of the company, comments about drivers that think their informed, but they are not, etc.. These trucking message boards are like smoke detectors. With exception to the large companies that have a lot of employees, they are a good indicator as to what is going on with in a company.

As example, if you look at the SEFL, Pitt Ohio, Averitt Express, AAAC, message boards, just to name a few, there is very little posted. This indicates one of two things, either their drivers dont know how to use a computer, which of course is not true, or they work for a company that gives them no reason to post a message in this forum.

Then if you read the posts of the larger companies, drivers are asking about tractors that are being sold or retired, etc...There is no other message board as active as the Vitran message board. I do not think those that post on here are trying to stir malcontent, rile the troops etc... I think every post has been a viable post, a concern from an employee, associate, or, team member, with a vested interest into the long term success of VTNC.

The fact is, and it is very evident, our backs are up against the wall. Take a look around your home terminal, regardless of what stage in your career, or, life you are in. The postings on this message board are justified and most likely accurate to some degree.

There have been a lost of post recently in support of the company, comments about drivers that think their informed, but they are not, etc.. These trucking message boards are like smoke detectors. With exception to the large companies that have a lot of employees, they are a good indicator as to what is going on with in a company.

As example, if you look at the SEFL, Pitt Ohio, Averitt Express, AAAC, message boards, just to name a few, there is very little posted. This indicates one of two things, either their drivers dont know how to use a computer, which of course is not true, or they work for a company that gives them no reason to post a message in this forum.

Then if you read the posts of the larger companies, drivers are asking about tractors that are being sold or retired, etc...There is no other message board as active as the Vitran message board. I do not think those that post on here are trying to stir malcontent, rile the troops etc... I think every post has been a viable post, a concern from an employee, associate, or, team member, with a vested interest into the long term success of VTNC.

The fact is, and it is very evident, our backs are up against the wall. Take a look around your home terminal, regardless of what stage in your career, or, life you are in. The postings on this message board are justified and most likely accurate to some degree.
I agree with you 100%...Where there is smoke there is fire. And some are viable post. And there is no doubt are backs are against the wall. But what good can come out negative remarks? Can anything constructive be served by always being negative?...The anwser is no....At this company things fall on deaf hears anyway. I would say some good things can come out of negative comments in terms of mistakes we have made. But we must learn from our mistakes, and not keep repeating them...There is really no mistake if you learn from them and stop repeating them, but thats not the case here. We just can't seem to learn, at least not at a acceptable pace. I dont have all the anwsers. So I will just say something I read somewhere..When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. There is no magic potion to turn this place around. I guess my point is this...We waste way to much time concerning ourselves with things that may or maynot happen..We borrow trouble that serves no constructive purpose....Just let the chips fly where they may..And try not to let it muddy your present moments..Take the high road sometimes..And be happy for the simple things in life.

I guess you can say that the Vitran board keeps Truckingboards rolling. Thanks for the compliment, somebody has to do it when others can't. To all my fellow associates give yourself a pat on the back, "Chasing Greatness".

Now if we can just get management to address the issues...Can they hear us calling?...Are they listening? We cant do it alone guys

Management only cares you drive their trucks. Your home life, future possibilities, safety, financial security all takes a back seat to the "bill count." I hear that phrase more than anything anymore, which in itself is a joke, bill count is what got us where we are,maybe they should quote "profit" on your truck for a day. 10,000 bills don't meant crap when you offer 90% discounts

Management only cares you drive their trucks. Your home life, future possibilities, safety, financial security all takes a back seat to the "bill count." I hear that phrase more than anything anymore, which in itself is a joke, bill count is what got us where we are,maybe they should quote "profit" on your truck for a day. 10,000 bills don't meant crap when you offer 90% discounts

yep. let's take on more bill counts than our system can handle, stuff linehaul trailers to the point of damage, breakdown pallets and throw into delivery trailers, get the trucks out late for del appts and miss pickups due to running late. all of this causes os&d claims, upset customers, accts going to other ltls and a disgruntal workforce. maybe this is the formula for chasing greatness.

Sounds like a plan to me...I especially like holding the city drivers until they strip the last inbound trailer which is about 11......Then manifest us so we can hit the streets around 11:30 .....just in time to get to your first stop that goes to lunch from 12-1 ......cant work around it because the trailers too full...or pallets destroyed...ahhhhh....the wonderful life of the flying V

Some of our routes begin 2 hours away, so, most times we start delivering around Noon, go till 2 or 4 while also doing picks, then evening dispatch pushes us to get back to get linehauls out. Don't know what the linehaul/choke terminals are doing anymore, last 2 weeks put us 1 to 2 hours later everyday, now I am coming to leave and linehaul is just going home.

Some of our routes begin 2 hours away, so, most times we start delivering around Noon, go till 2 or 4 while also doing picks, then evening dispatch pushes us to get back to get linehauls out. Don't know what the linehaul/choke terminals are doing anymore, last 2 weeks put us 1 to 2 hours later everyday, now I am coming to leave and linehaul is just going home.
Our Waco peddle is 100 miles away.... Our Gainesville peddle is right on the TX ...OK. line....Our Sherman-Denison peddle is right on the OK. line too.....When you consider all of our competitors have terminals in those cities it really lets you know what a little fish we are in this big pond...And the big fish are swallowing us whole...Tyler, Amarillo, Lubbuck, Austin, El Paso, Laredo, just to mention a few are given to agents...Just a little fish in this big pond...That's all we are...But I guess we do OK with what we bring to the table.