SEFL | wheres all the sefl drivers???

sabresfan spread the word to your co-workers about the boards. Word of mouth is the best way to get your fellow employees here.:1036316054:
It doesn't always have to be complaining about work. Heck some of you might even want to brag a little bit!

Welcome to Truckingboards daytripper.

Sorry to hear about your lack of hours but don't worry too much, the busy season is right around the corner and you'll probably be begging for time off by then.

When it is slow they will work in a rotational day instead of laying someone off. It is just in the slow winter months, look at some of the other forums and see all the talk of layoff's. I for one would prefer to work 4 days a couple of months than none and draw uneployment, but that is up to the individual.

I might be off on the 10 years. At least since 2000. It has been a long time though. I think the rotation gets them every other week 4 days. 2 weeks a month is 5 days and the other 2 weeks gets them 4 days. I wish there was a SE driver on here from GBO...... I will ask one again the next time I see one on the street.
they have only been working 4 days a week for the last ten years?

we have had slow times in the years i have been there when we would get 1 or 2 days a month off when it is slow but never as bad as it has been this past year. this has been going on for 5 months.

SEFL is an ok place to work. I know I've worked for a lot worse. I have have never had a paycheck bounce, I can't say that about everyplace I have worked !!!

Thanx for the "Welcome" You'all !

Thank you Jeff and Hilbilly Frog for the Welcome ! Glad to be a part of the program.

Happy Easter and Please drive safe !!!

cc

I have been at SEFL for 18 years and I have seen some incredable changes that have come about because of the current polictical and economic conditions. All the trucking company have been hit hard. No one has been left untouched. As he said, they have rotation to keep from laying off. BUT!!!! They did over hire thinking a certain company was going out of business. IT DID NOT!!! So it made rotation this past year worse than ever. But business is kickin now. If your in a job that you can hold on to right now. DO IT! At least until the current political and economic enviroment changes~:order:

Wecome Blackdiamond

Welcome to Truckingboard BlackDiamond !

I haven't been at SEFL as long as you, but I agree with what you said. As with every company there are decesions I don't understand/agree with,but part of that is they don't explan them properly. It's like they find a solution then create a problem to go with it. It is a good solid company though.I plan to stay there until I retire.

Have a great day and drive safe!

Country Cousin