Yellow | Where's The New Zip Code List?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Locals across the Central, East, and South are meeting with the company this week to discuss the company's latest Change of Operations Proposal. But, where's the new zip code list which is the justification for why the "follow the work" numbers changed from the last proposal? We heard the company was snail mailing the lists to the locals since they were over 400 pages. Why the company hasn't just scanned the pages in and sent them to the affected freight locals is unbelievable! I think the locals should cancel these sit downs with the company until they get all the facts! How about it Brother Murphy? Can you ask your Freight Division Team to demand the new zip code lists before the local talks?

john-a-murphy-freight-director.jpeg

M E M O R A N D U M
TO: ALL YELLOW LOCAL UNIONS
DATE: February 14, 2023
RE: Yellow – Proposed Change of Operations

The revised proposed change of operations continues to be massive in scope and TNFINC does
NOT endorse or approve the revised change as it is drafted.
To the contrary, Yellow and every other Freight Company should be on notice that TNFINC will
object and oppose any change of operations that is written in vague language, erodes contractual
standards and practices, and which has the potential to disrupt and upend our members’ lives.

AND BY "VAGUE LANGUAGE" he means "NO ZIP CODE LISTS...NO TALKS"?!

:hissyfit:

We've had ours a few weeks.
Our BA got us hard copies and the BA is scheduled to meet with our areas labor VP next week.
It's nutty how we had no change in city, an extreme increase in UE and elimination of Road on first one.
I don't think there's been much or any zip code change between the first and second one for our terminal.
Yet we get a nice city increase and a nice Road increase and no change from our current UE numbers now in #2 proposal.

I figured there'd be and increase in zip codes for the nice increase in city ....but once again....they make no sense. How were they gonna handle the freight with no increase in city in #1....yet they added a bunch for #2? Add them "just because"? Or what?

The Road and UE will work dock at same terminals I suppose so zip code change probably wouldn't effect that.

Your eyes cross looking at the zip code list.

Our Road drivers can't really be comfortable with the "One Yellow" on the horizon.
New Penn only stays in the Northeast. Our Road works Tues-Sat. Home mostly every day.
We don't even know how Yellow's Road system works. Home most days? Drive around the country? Who knows? We don't.

We do know that the dock size isn't gonna work out very well for our biggest volume customer, going to a terminal which has no room for it.
Our terminal handles it due to more dock space.
It's gonna take up their whole dock with no room leftover for anybody else's freight. They're gonna be swamped, clogged and clotted.
Pups is a stupid system for that freight alone.
Questions, questions, questions. You should probably head to Nashville and meet with Hawkins. He obviously isn’t seeing the big picture.