Central Transport | Where's Train? We need your Thoughts and Wisdom...

The shock of now being a Central Transport driver has derailed the train? Say it ain't so train. please just be sitting back and collecting your thoughts of wisdom. Don't let this stop ya.

Been updating the computer my brothers. And doing my research on the owner. I'm not quite ready with my first official thread yet. But let me start with a few comments. This is not a bad thing for the company for the simple reason we were doomed to certain failure before the end of the year had we not purchased by this man. I won't even use his name until I do more research. His reputation is horrible but sometimes peoples perceptions get clouded when emotion is involved. For now let me say lets all stand back and see how he moves us forward. Surely the man has a soul and is not a devils advocate. Wait it out for now. Don't jump ship. Your CDL is your ticket out of here if you find things unacceptable (keep it in good standing) We have more job security than we had before.....Chris Keylon on the other hand does not....He will be given so much time to get the operation ratio in the black. If he doesn't he is history.....No song and dance with this man....If he can do that to the satisfaction of the new owner he may be allowed to stay on with the integration of these two companies....I project one year for this to take place. Vitran Canada will want their name back. I'm not sure how that will work...Rebranding of the trucks is an expense that I'm not sure the new owner will prioritize. Trust me Vitran wants no association. They will want the name change done asap. That's Canada's logo and they want it back. It may not seem like much to me and you but things like that are really important to companies. I will gather my thoughts and be back soon to go over what I think he will do about seniority ...pay.... and benefits....Trust me on this, these companies will not operate independently....Many will lose their jobs....He will take the cream of the crop, maybe now you can understand why we started giving safety jackets and awards of years of safe driving....I told you they had a agenda......Will post a new thread soon.....As always your loving brother .....Train.

Last edited by a moderator:
let's see how it goes once this 10 day paperwork thing goes. i can see things fly pretty quickly once manny is given the green light. some may experience whiplash.

Matty has a bad reputation, somewhat earned because he is a smart businessman. He has compassion, he is loyal to those that are loyal to him, period. Ask those that have worked for him long term. The purchase of Vitran was a smart decision. He bought a company for less than 20 million dollars, debt included. Real estate alone we are worth more than that and Matty knows real estate. He bought hard assets, he bought a great driver workforce of 2000, he bought a book of business worth a half billion dollars, all for around 20 million bucks.

He owns more property in Michigan than anyone other than the state of Michigan itself. He owns the Ambassador Bridge to/from Canada which nets him around 100 million profit per year. He owns insurance companies, car rental companies, truck rental companies. He owns 49% of LINC Logistics a half billion dollar 3PL. He owns Universal An-Cam, 10 truckload carriers and two flat bed companies. He owns several pharmacy's and owns more than 200 trucking terminals outside his Central Transport company. Vitran currently leases 7 terminals from his real estate company.

Do't worry about Vitran Canada, Central Transport bought only our USA operations. Canada will stay Vitran, in the USA the Vitran name will go bye bye. There will be no rebranding of anything, we will become Central Transport. Take that to the bank Train, done deal. Central Transport was the first born until Matthew was born, period.

Regarding Keylon and his team , hasta lavista baby. I give them several months. He and his top mgmt goons will be gone before the new year comes. This company was run by Matty's father when Matty was a young man, he is now 86 and still runs the company with his son of 39 years Matthew. Matty will die on the job just as his father did at the age of roughly 92. Matty comes into the office every day before 9 am and leaves at 6 pm. Saturdays he treats himself and only comes in from 9 am to 4 pm. The name is Central Transport, it will always be Central Transport and the company will be run by the Maroun family, period. If you are a good driver with a good safety record you have nothing to worry about as long as we can keep the bucks on the trucks, that is the goal of both companies. Do your job, keep your nose clean and our new employer will be good to you. You will never have to worry about your paycheck cashing at your bank, period. How long you been worrying about our employer the past 3 years? Don't listen to all the hype and BS from others or BS you see on the internet. Do your job and you will be taken care of and be able to provide for your family. As Train says, is that not the most important thing of all, I would agree.

Matty has a bad reputation, somewhat earned because he is a smart businessman. He has compassion, he is loyal to those that are loyal to him, period. Ask those that have worked for him long term. The purchase of Vitran was a smart decision. He bought a company for less than 20 million dollars, debt included. Real estate alone we are worth more than that and Matty knows real estate. He bought hard assets, he bought a great driver workforce of 2000, he bought a book of business worth a half billion dollars, all for around 20 million bucks.

He owns more property in Michigan than anyone other than the state of Michigan itself. He owns the Ambassador Bridge to/from Canada which nets him around 100 million profit per year. He owns insurance companies, car rental companies, truck rental companies. He owns 49% of LINC Logistics a half billion dollar 3PL. He owns Universal An-Cam, 10 truckload carriers and two flat bed companies. He owns several pharmacy's and owns more than 200 trucking terminals outside his Central Transport company. Vitran currently leases 7 terminals from his real estate company.

Do't worry about Vitran Canada, Central Transport bought only our USA operations. Canada will stay Vitran, in the USA the Vitran name will go bye bye. There will be no rebranding of anything, we will become Central Transport. Take that to the bank Train, done deal. Central Transport was the first born until Matthew was born, period.

Regarding Keylon and his team , hasta lavista baby. I give them several months. He and his top mgmt goons will be gone before the new year comes. This company was run by Matty's father when Matty was a young man, he is now 86 and still runs the company with his son of 39 years Matthew. Matty will die on the job just as his father did at the age of roughly 92. Matty comes into the office every day before 9 am and leaves at 6 pm. Saturdays he treats himself and only comes in from 9 am to 4 pm. The name is Central Transport, it will always be Central Transport and the company will be run by the Maroun family, period. If you are a good driver with a good safety record you have nothing to worry about as long as we can keep the bucks on the trucks, that is the goal of both companies. Do your job, keep your nose clean and our new employer will be good to you. You will never have to worry about your paycheck cashing at your bank, period. How long you been worrying about our employer the past 3 years? Don't listen to all the hype and BS from others or BS you see on the internet. Do your job and you will be taken care of and be able to provide for your family. As Train says, is that not the most important thing of all, I would agree.
When I said rebranding I meant stripping Vitrans Logo's off and replacing them with Central Transports....It could take awhile.... I still see UPS pulling overnites trailers all the time.

You pretty much nailed it. I've noticed most of the complaints coming from outsiders and people who aren't happy anywhere.

CT has it's problems, but you will never worry about your check cashing, and unless you screw up royally you will have a job tomorrow.

As far as equipment concerns, most of them are lack of follow through. If you have a safety issue, and it isn't handled, we have an awesome safety director who will rattle skulls for you. He's a good dude, I've met him personally several times.

There are no stock holders here, and the Morouns will hold the executives responsible for screwups. These guys don't lose money.

Where would you rather be, unemployed or bought?

Been updating the computer my brothers. And doing my research on the owner. I'm not quite ready with my first official thread yet. But let me start with a few comments. This is not a bad thing for the company for the simple reason we were doomed to certain failure before the end of the year had we not purchased by this man. I won't even use his name until I do more research. His reputation is horrible but sometimes peoples perceptions get clouded when emotion is involved. For now let me say lets all stand back and see how he moves us forward. Surely the man has a soul and is not a devils advocate. Wait it out for now. Don't jump ship. Your CDL is your ticket out of here if you find things unacceptable (keep it in good standing) We have more job security than we had before.....Chris Keylon on the other hand does not....He will be given so much time to get the operation ratio in the black. If he doesn't he is history.....No song and dance with this man....If he can do that to the satisfaction of the new owner he may be allowed to stay on with the integration of these two companies....I project one year for this to take place. Vitran Canada will want their name back. I'm not sure how that will work...Rebranding of the trucks is an expense that I'm not sure the new owner will prioritize. Trust me Vitran wants no association. They will want the name change done asap. That's Canada's logo and they want it back. It may not seem like much to me and you but things like that are really important to companies. I will gather my thoughts and be back soon to go over what I think he will do about seniority ...pay.... and benefits....Trust me on this, these companies will not operate independently....Many will lose their jobs....He will take the cream of the crop, maybe now you can understand why we started giving safety jackets and awards of years of safe driving....I told you they had a agenda......Will post a new thread soon.....As always your loving brother .....Train.

You pretty much nailed it. I've noticed most of the complaints coming from outsiders and people who aren't happy anywhere.

CT has it's problems, but you will never worry about your check cashing, and unless you screw up royally you will have a job tomorrow.

As far as equipment concerns, most of them are lack of follow through. If you have a safety issue, and it isn't handled, we have an awesome safety director who will rattle skulls for you. He's a good dude, I've met him personally several times.

There are no stock holders here, and the Morouns will hold the executives responsible for screwups. These guys don't lose money.

Where would you rather be, unemployed or bought?

I appreciate the calmness that you all are presenting. My husband and I are anxious to see how this works out. Hopefully, we will come through this better off. He received his 8 year safety jacket and his "driver trainee" stuff, too. Hopefully, that will mean something through the transition. Anxious to get some answers at this point though. Concerned about insurance and pay, but who isn't?

Spot on brother. Spot on. Let's remember where Matty came from. As a child he was poor. Dirt poor. His parents owned a small service station
under the ambassador bridge which they also lived in. One day a man who owed his father money for fuel couldn't pay cash so he paid him with 3 small produce trucks. Matty as a teenager saw an opportunity and him and his father started moving things across Detroit.
After Matty graduated from Notre Dame he took over the business which is now Central Transport.
Dozen of trucking companies have came and gone but Central is the only business Matty stays into.
I've met Matty and Matthew. There Business. They don't give hand outs. But they treat you right.
You will never worry about CT going under...If they did, they sucked $3 billion dollars to do it