FedEx Freight | Which is the best company....

Richard Herbert

TB Lurker
Credits
I have put my application in with all the LTL's. I have heard Fed-Ex or Con-Way is the best place to go...I have an interview with R&L, not sure about them, have heard some negative lately...I would like to work at Fed-Ex, should I go with R&L if they offer me the job?

I obviously can't answer for you, but I would give R&L a try if they call, why not....
We don't have a R&L terminal in my area, so I don't know anything first hand about them

I know the line drivers at Fedex Freight are not as happy as they were when it was Viking/AF We have adopted the Con-way system. You have to work the dock before you get enough seniority to get back on the road. I guess if you want to be a local driver most of the companies are about the same. I'm pulling the pin next year, the job just isn't fun anymore. TP

Go with R & L if they call you first .
The guys I know that work there love it.
You know that all depends on the boss and how he treats his guys.

This is what I would do. I know a couple of guys that work there and they seem to like it for the most part. But if you can get on with FEDEX I would go that way because the pay and bennies are better. All the management are about the same, some are good, some are bad.

I would give R&L a shot before making the jump to Fedex, the grass is not always greener on the other side. As with a lot of other companies you need to know how to operate a fork truck and be able to work the dock in order to make the boss man happy. Some are worse than others but being an old AF person the grass was always a lot greener when Sheridan ran the company and not the bozo's we have now.

I worked at R&L for over 13 years and quit to come over to FedEX Freight... I'm much happier now. I'm making the same money, in 3 years I will be making alot more. Good Luck.

i been at fedex 3 mths not bad alot off forklift driving when at yellow more driving r&l has more linehaul runs i think fedex call me frist then rl call me a week later good luck

I am retired FedEx (AF,American), with the way the economy and job market is today, I would go to whoever calls first.

At fedEx you are just a number.

I have put my application in with all the LTL's. I have heard Fed-Ex or Con-Way is the best place to go...I have an interview with R&L, not sure about them, have heard some negative lately...I would like to work at Fed-Ex, should I go with R&L if they offer me the job?

R.H.,,,if your not hurtin for cash, I would tell you to hold out for FDX. FRT. R+L would be #2 then Conway. Now you did'nt say if your goin to the city or run the road, either way you got the good and the bad with any company you go to. There is no such thing as "the grass is greener on the other side" Good Luck with your job hunting.:coffee1:

Well, I've heard that R&L is pretty laid back. BUT you have to purchase your own pallet jacks, hand carts, equipment. From what I've heard, they don't give a Sh*t when the freight gets delivered. Not very structured. I've seen some of their local delivery loads. If you don't mind delivering lots of damaged freight, go for it. Really.

I've been at FedEx 13 yrs & when it was AF it was a GREAT JOB. But now it SUCKS, everybody has there opion but ask me what this company needs is UNION.

I've been at FedEx 13 yrs & when it was AF it was a GREAT JOB. But now it SUCKS, everybody has there opion but ask me what this company needs is UNION.

Ive been with AF/Fedex over 16 years, and you're right, in the beginning, AF was a great job. I will also say it was AF and Sheridan Garrison that hired the Conway people and started going the Conway ways. Then Fedex bought us and we became a Corporation and went from being a name to being a number. that's just growing in the corporate world. It's a paycheck and hopefully a retirement now.

As far as the union goes, ya might want to go to some of the union co. threads and do a little reading? They aren't treated any better than we are. USPF has there co. drivers sitting at home and using outside carriers, same as us? Most of the other carriers are taking money and pensions away, at least we still have that, so far? (with my fingers crossed).