Which LTL has best benefits?

youngingo

TB Lurker
Credits
OTR 2 years experience and looking to make the switch to LTL Linehaul local.... been looking at UPSF (can;t find any postings for UPS package) and FXF. I see that there's a bunch of LTL companies in my area (metro atl). Just found out I will be expecting my first child sometime next year. Which LTL will have good pay and good benefits for a (25m, 23f, and newborn). I'm use to grossing 50k/yr and always switch my schedule to drive nights if I can. I would rather not drive through ATL while the sun is out...lol

OTR 2 years experience and looking to make the switch to LTL Linehaul local.... been looking at UPSF (can;t find any postings for UPS package) and FXF. I see that there's a bunch of LTL companies in my area (metro atl). Just found out I will be expecting my first child sometime next year. Which LTL will have good pay and good benefits for a (25m, 23f, and newborn). I'm use to grossing 50k/yr and always switch my schedule to drive nights if I can. I would rather not drive through ATL while the sun is out...lol
UPS does not always (if ever) advertise for help, you have to go in person most times.

all i can say is, rather than us tell you which companies have the best plans, why don't you go in person, fill out an application, and find out? the more applications you get to filling out NOW, the better for you.

what one guy says is a great plan, another one will say he's got a better plan. you gonna really take someone's word over which is better for you..???

if you and the misses, are having a baby by next year, best you do some walking and find out now, and get hired on, to get that all important benefits package started ASAP. many companies have a waiting list, or at the very least, have a LONG hiring process.

i had applied (years ago) at both UPs and UPS Freight, and i can assure you, it was NOT a quick process to even get into the interview. i think it was like a year, till they made the call, then about 2 months after that for the road test, then about another 2-3 months for a job denial, and back then, (as now) my background was impeccable, and my experience level was MORE THAN they required. (i think it's who you know, to get in at those 2 places, since they are Teamsters up here)

best of luck to you, you will do fine.

UPS has filed chapter 11 or 14 at least once so I wouldn't get my hopes up with the benies or retirement $

UPS does not always (if ever) advertise for help, you have to go in person most times.

all i can say is, rather than us tell you which companies have the best plans, why don't you go in person, fill out an application, and find out? the more applications you get to filling out NOW, the better for you.

what one guy says is a great plan, another one will say he's got a better plan. you gonna really take someone's word over which is better for you..???

if you and the misses, are having a baby by next year, best you do some walking and find out now, and get hired on, to get that all important benefits package started ASAP. many companies have a waiting list, or at the very least, have a LONG hiring process.

i had applied (years ago) at both UPs and UPS Freight, and i can assure you, it was NOT a quick process to even get into the interview. i think it was like a year, till they made the call, then about 2 months after that for the road test, then about another 2-3 months for a job denial, and back then, (as now) my background was impeccable, and my experience level was MORE THAN they required. (i think it's who you know, to get in at those 2 places, since they are Teamsters up here)

best of luck to you, you will do fine.
Plus, none of them will give you one all important benefit. The benefit of ever being right.

Get on LinkedIn (for Business) and Link up with some Folks at UPS as well all other LTL companies.
Got OFF faceborg (if you have a account).
Check some of the MANY OTHER "social" sites for connections as, from what I've "heard", connecting ONLINE can help your OFFLINE (brick & mortar) world.
CHEERS!!

UPS, or UPS Freight would be the last companies I would worry about going out of business. Go online to either of their web sites and look under careers. Believe me, they are hiring. I don’t think anyone takes applications on paper any more. It’s all online. Attach a resume, and fill in the blanks.

ABF and YRC company paid insurance 300 deductible maximum out of pocket is like 2grand and you don't pay for anything!

Best benefits is hands down UPS or UPS Freight. They are also the least favorable work environments. They will tell you what socks to wear and how to tie your shoes. And if you don't, it's a write up. And they will pile up those write ups and fire you over it. You are just another number in the meat grinder.

Bottom line. Work where you want for as long as you can tolerate it. Eventually, you will change or they will. And you will be working at one of the other ones.

Best benefits is hands down UPS or UPS Freight. They are also the least favorable work environments. They will tell you what socks to wear and how to tie your shoes. And if you don't, it's a write up. And they will pile up those write ups and fire you over it. You are just another number in the meat grinder.

Bottom line. Work where you want for as long as you can tolerate it. Eventually, you will change or they will. And you will be working at one of the other ones.

Just your avgerage trucking union who has been reduced to dangle another carrot in front of you because they can't give you a pension anymore

FedEx benefits are pretty good.
FXF will have you doing dock work when not driving but they pay for all activities (hook fuel etc) and delays.
May take a long time to get seniority to get the longer runs.

Estes linehaul do not work dock but burn time uncompensated.

Generally all the big cos have better benefits but seniority is big so takes time to get miles and to best pay.

Smaller cos will probably give you more miles but less pay and more expensive and limited benefits.

I think good choices are FXF and OD.
UPS new driver will be tough on a family.