Central Transport | While on Vacation...

Jeepstr723

TB Regular
Credits
In Northern Michigan this evening I spotted a Milan trailer heading southbound out of AMI in Lewiston, MI. I pulled over to let him pass, it was truck @ 2719 pretty sure it was a Saginaw driver heading home. I followed him for 10 miles, all the while his left rear inner tire was spewing rubber all over the road. Either he did not know it or probably did not want to call it in for fear of road service not coming out for several hours. :poster_oops:

I know several LH drivers who brag about picking up trailers and driving it 250 - 300 miles with a flat or broken spring. It is just how vitran operates. As a whole we are losers. Plain and f..king simple. LOSERS!

I know several LH drivers who brag about picking up trailers and driving it 250 - 300 miles with a flat or broken spring. It is just how vitran operates. As a whole we are losers. Plain and f..king simple. LOSERS!
The company is the ultimate scrub line, right there with Central Transport......But we have some good drivers that are not losers. I know you meant no dis-respect....And I understand the point you are trying to make.....so it's cool.

It only gets better;

Spoke with a driver out of my barn today, he told me how his day went yesterday. It seems he also had a blow out on his trailer, he was at 23 mile road and I-94 in northern Detroit area. He called for a service truck, it was around 7:30 pm, by 10 pm no one arrived to fix his tire, though he did get a call from someone at the emergency #. The caller said that the service truck could not find him around the 18 mile marker and I-94 which is 18 miles from Indiana or about 200+ miles away from where the driver was broke down at. Obviously, the emergency # guy made a huge mistake and started to b*tch :ranting2: out the driver for providing the wrong info.. The driver was now running out of hours and had to bring it back with a blown tire which by the time he got back destroyed the mudflap and bracket. :regretful:

It only gets better;

Spoke with a driver out of my barn today, he told me how his day went yesterday. It seems he also had a blow out on his trailer, he was at 23 mile road and I-94 in northern Detroit area. He called for a service truck, it was around 7:30 pm, by 10 pm no one arrived to fix his tire, though he did get a call from someone at the emergency #. The caller said that the service truck could not find him around the 18 mile marker and I-94 which is 18 miles from Indiana or about 200+ miles away from where the driver was broke down at. Obviously, the emergency # guy made a huge mistake and started to b*tch :ranting2: out the driver for providing the wrong info.. The driver was now running out of hours and had to bring it back with a blown tire which by the time he got back destroyed the mudflap and bracket. :regretful:
he should have got it fixed and call terminal to get picked up because he was out of hours. he took a risk that was documented and if something happened he would be screwed.

In Northern Michigan this evening I spotted a Milan trailer heading southbound out of AMI in Lewiston, MI. I pulled over to let him pass, it was truck @ 2719 pretty sure it was a Saginaw driver heading home. I followed him for 10 miles, all the while his left rear inner tire was spewing rubber all over the road. Either he did not know it or probably did not want to call it in for fear of road service not coming out for several hours. :poster_oops:
If you going to snitch do it right, next time call law enforcement. For all we know you were not on vacation, you were probably the driver who pulled that trailer after #2719 and drag the tire down the road. I love my car and would not follow a guy for 1 minute that had rubber spewing all over the road, or maybe your car is made of rubber.

If you going to snitch do it right, next time call law enforcement. For all we know you were not on vacation, you were probably the driver who pulled that trailer after #2719 and drag the tire down the road. I love my car and would not follow a guy for 1 minute that had rubber spewing all over the road, or maybe your car is made of rubber.

Pretty tough to get any sheriff up in northern Michigan to respond to a trucker with a blown tire running down the roads up there. Plus, I have no interest in the so called snitching, just stating an observation that you never know who may be watching you as you drive down the road. If I were the driver and knew the tire was blown, I would have called the emer. # and waited. Love to get the OT. LOL. The simple fact that the tire was shedding and flying all over would cause a cautious driver to drop back and watch as opposed to being on the trailers bumper. I just happened to be going in that same direction to get to where I had to go. My guess is that I hit a nerve and you were the driver of 2719 who didn't want to be stuck up north waiting for a service truck to fix it. get over it, I am sure that you must have gotten back to your barn to have it fixed or maybe just docked it and walked away like so many other drivers do.

Don't feel bad fellows, we were told not to go to the shop for a light out, or a mud flap, or an air line if its still holding air, or a tire, they just air them up now, no more changing them, even if they look like hell.

Our new prez saw one of our 36 footers and got pissed, made the shop put new tires all around.

As for the first sentence I do have to say we weren't told that directly, but it was implied, and very strongly.

Sysco may very well be the Vitran of the Foodservice industry, we used to be the industry leader, now we are the industry joke, so I feel ya'lls pain.

Sysco may very well be the Vitran of the Foodservice industry, we used to be the industry leader, now we are the industry joke, so I feel ya'lls pain.

i have a sysco near me, they are ALWAYS hiring (but not growing) years ago guys were proud to be sysco drivers, had softball and bowling teams ect. now you cannot find an off duty employee wearing one of their shirts
or a driver who wants to talk about his job, they have even gone into truck driving schools trying to recruit rookies. to bad, growing up that was the place everyone wanted to work, great benefits, friendly people, success driven,
now it is a place where people cover their buts trying to work long enough to get their stock sold and eligible to take their 401(K) and leave.

Don't feel bad fellows, we were told not to go to the shop for a light out, or a mud flap, or an air line if its still holding air, or a tire, they just air them up now, no more changing them, even if they look like hell.

Our new prez saw one of our 36 footers and got pissed, made the shop put new tires all around.

As for the first sentence I do have to say we weren't told that directly, but it was implied, and very strongly.

Sysco Foods is the largest food service provider in the nation, their revenues are larger than its next 4 competitors combined. I would dare say that we should try and emulate Sysco.

It only gets better;

That driver is a dope. If you are talking to someone not familiar with the area, why would you tell them 23 mile road? Get the mile marker, like a normal driver would do. That avoids confusion. Now the company is out the service call and didn't get the tire fixed. And I'll bet that driver is running his mouth, to anyone dumb enough to listen, about how stupid the repair dispatcher is, when the driver is to blame all along.

Guardrail

That driver is a dope. If you are talking to someone not familiar with the area, why would you tell them 23 mile road? Get the mile marker, like a normal driver would do. That avoids confusion. Now the company is out the service call and didn't get the tire fixed. And I'll bet that driver is running his mouth, to anyone dumb enough to listen, about how stupid the repair dispatcher is, when the driver is to blame all along.

Guardrail

Not disagreeing with you on the Mile Marker, it only makes sense. Wouldn't out tablets be able to pinpoint our location with the repair dispatcher?

Guardrail

Guardrail, in case you are not familiar with Detroit, they have 7 mile,8 mile 9 mile road, and yeeesss.... 23 mile road. They even have one called Ford Road. Want to take a guess what factory was on that road? The roads were named by some of the people who brought you the Edsel and the pinto, to name a few. So 23 mile and I-94 makes sense to me.

I know the driver on that route....trust me if he knew he had a flat he would of been more than willing to wait for a service call

The company is the ultimate scrub line, right there with Central Transport......But we have some good drivers that are not losers. I know you meant no dis-respect....And I understand the point you are trying to make.....so it's cool.

I know we have good\great drivers. I meant as a whole. Sorry if I offended anyone.