TForce | Who’s hauling the ups freight????

daddy o

TB Lurker
Credits
I have not noticed any real pickup in business over at OD, talked to a couple of my friends at Fedex freight they haven’t had a significant pickup in freight either! So it begs the question; where did all the UPS Freight go?

One of my stops told me ABF jumped on all of their UPS freight.

Today I saw what looked like a rental tractor/van with a OPERATED BY UPS FREIGHT sign taped to the door. Driver was wearing a safety vest like a port driver.

Fx is picking up the single UPSf shipments, with the understanding to the customer that it will move on the economy line/put on the rail.
They're turning down the volume stuff.
That's what they're doing for the time being, until the result is known.

One of my stops told me ABF jumped on all of their UPS freight.

Today I saw what looked like a rental tractor/van with a OPERATED BY UPS FREIGHT sign taped to the door. Driver was wearing a safety vest like a port driver.
I work for Abf & im not seeing any new business....

Volume is going through brokers like UPS's Coyote Logistics who in turn hire the cheapest carrier for the lane.

Maybe YRC and regionals got a boost.
Slow at FXF.

Customers get routed to Coyote for a reality check in pricing.
Other competitors are hauling our freight.

.....you’ll never know who and at this point it’s not our concern other than to vote.

City drive told me that at one of his pickup FXF showed up with 3 48' trailer to pickup their freight and UPSF freight and still left UPSF behind. FXF normal gets one van a day out of there per the city driver.
My outbound supervisor told me our outbound shipments jumped 60,000 to 80,000lbs Evey night this week. XPO thanks you

City drive told me that at one of his pickup FXF showed up with 3 48' trailer to pickup their freight and UPSF freight and still left UPSF behind. FXF normal gets one van a day out of there per the city driver.
My outbound supervisor told me our outbound shipments jumped 60,000 to 80,000lbs Evey night this week. XPO thanks you
Wow you are a class act!

So, The debate is that UPS needs UPSF and this is why we should reject this LBFO.....Really! The 5th largest trucking company has outsourced every stich of freight that they had in their system in only 4 days and know one claims to be picking up UPSF loads. So where did it all go?????. Seems to me they are doing just fine with out us.