Yellow | Who’s working Memorial Day?

Never have figured that out in 35 years. Some of the very people who do the least runs, all year long, the company will still offer triple time pay to on holidays. Never see any other LTL’s out there, just the union carriers. They just can’t seem to figure out how to let those trailers sit at the rails until 12:01 AM the next day? Another example of old work practices that do not work in LTL operations today.

Never have figured that out in 35 years. Some of the very people who do the least runs, all year long, the company will still offer triple time pay to on holidays. Never see any other LTL’s out there, just the union carriers. They just can’t seem to figure out how to let those trailers sit at the rails until 12:01 AM the next day? Another example of old work practices that do not work in LTL operations today.
Will be interesting to see if that continues after all is said and done. I fully agree. And yard guys sitting around doing very little for 24 hours.

Who gets triple time? Holland gets an extra 4 hours, that's it.

I'm working today , at 15% extra pay , I'll be able to get New mirrors for my truck !!
Close-Up Hello GIF by DAF Trucks NV

I am and here at the terminal atm. I honestly regret it, I could be at home getting ready to go to sleep lmfao.

City and Shuttle paid hourly get triple time on holidays depending on local contract. The Road drivers just an extra 4 hours pay.
You're comparing apples and oranges the way you're stating it. An hourly seniority driver gets paid 8 hours holiday pay whether he works the holiday or not. If he works the holiday he gets premium pay (1-1/2 times the regular hourly rate under the NJ/NY Supplement) for working the day. A road driver gets paid for the holiday whether he works it or not. If he does work the holiday he gets 4 extra hours pay for working the holiday.

Why aren't you the CEO of Yellow? I mean damn..., you're a GENIUS. .lol