Yellow | Who do we really work for?

stick

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering who we really work for.Is it yrcw or the ibt? With the ibt having a member on the board,are we really getting a fare shake,are they looking out after there best interest before our's scene they are our Boss also.It reminds me of the saying about the fox guarding the hen house.

Do you know what the duties of a board member is ?

Typical duties of boards of directors include

* governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
* selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the chief executive;
* ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
* approving annual budgets;
* accounting to the stakeholders for the organization's performance.
Board of directors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have NOTHING to do with the day to day running of a company . Nice try though .

Maybe you should go to school and learn business 101 . A board member MAY approve something but I repeat A board member has nothing to do with the day to day running of a company !!! Most boards ( of a corporation ) don't even meet but once a month or even once a quarter . You are confusing the mission of the board of directors of a corporation !

First of all....look at your check...It says YRC,Inc.....that is who you work for.....They depend on customers to give them freight to haul and pay them revenue..... YRC is the one who pays you the wages and benefits that the IBT negogiated on your behalf. Second....the IBT does not have a member on the BOD......the lady is a college economics professor....not a Teamster......Third.....don't start any ::shit:: with R-14!.....KK

The artical said yrcw's board of directors approves tentative labor agreement did it not.Thats what I am getting at how can the ibt be on the board and we expect to get a fare deal because they call the shots.

First of all....look at your check...It says YRC,Inc.....that is who you work for.....They depend on customers to give them freight to haul and pay them revenue..... YRC is the one who pays you the wages and benefits that the IBT negogiated on your behalf. Second....the IBT does not have a member on the BOD......the lady is a college economics professor....not a Teamster......Third.....don't start any ::shit:: with R-14!.....KK

I wasn't trying to start any bs with r14.Who is paying the lady to sit on the board?

You still don't get it do you ? Please read KK post again and also mine . I will also type it here for you , THE IBT DOESN'T HAVE ANYONE WHO WORKS FOR THE "IBT" ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS !!! She was chosen by the IBT because of her background in economics to help straiten out YRCW problems that's all ( economics ONLY ) ! There is no smoking gun here .

Soooo, just for giggles. If this lady ends up being our (IBT) worst nightmare can we withdraw our nomination and submit someone else?

Soooo, just for giggles. If this lady ends up being our (IBT) worst nightmare can we withdraw our nomination and submit someone else?

The short answer is Nope ! She is employed by the YRCW corporation . She has been made a full board member ( see my post above ) .

The short answer is Nope ! She is employed by the YRCW corporation . She has been made a full board member ( see my post above ) .
Thanks, Not to smart to not leave some form of accountability in the deal. Who knows, She may be the best thing ever, I just got to wondering again

I think what stick is trying to say is that during the last bendover, The onion was allowed to pick a board member and sold it as "she is going to look after the members and onion's interest". So far, it looks like she is pro company all the way. Personally, I'd rather have seen a regular old driver or dockman chosen rather then another rubber stamp for b-ill. At least then maybe we'd hear some of the real poop that goes on in these bod meetings. The onion should have made it clear in the agreement that they could replace her if they thought she wasn't performing to stardards(like asking why is this company still being purposely ran into the ground and insisting on all overseas investments be stopped as long as members are being bentover). PS: I'll call that pinhead hoffa and talk to him about you and me taking over that bod seat. We'll stir some ::shit:: up.

Do you know what the duties of a board member is ?

Typical duties of boards of directors include

* governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
* selecting, appointing, supporting and reviewing the performance of the chief executive;
* ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
* approving annual budgets;
* accounting to the stakeholders for the organization's performance.
Board of directors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have NOTHING to do with the day to day running of a company . Nice try though .
Did anyone every hear of the Apollo Alliance?

YouTube - WAKE UP PEOPLE: THE TRANSFORMATION OF AMERICA --THE APOLLO ALLIANCE

I don't think she is there to hurt us..I've read and listened to her.. She has a book out and clips on youtube..She likes unions, especially our pension plans..She thinks our pensions are best for the country...not 401k's. She is also on the board of one or 2 of the UAW's big companies...GM or Ford or something.