FedEx Freight | Who Gets The 150.00

They make a huge profit already being self insured. There just going to make more now
Not likely they will make money, do you realize the cost of healthcare these day? At least you have the option to add a spouse. At SAIA you can’t even add one if she has access to healthcare through her employer. The only way you can add her is if she’s a stay at home mom and they have ways of finding out if that’s the case. IMO, they’d be lucky to break even. One heart surgery could be 200K plus. Just a few days in the hospital could be 50K. Not a good business to be in these days until the government reigns in healthcare cost.

Last edited:
Not likely they will make money, do you realize the cost of healthcare these day? At least you have the option to add a spouse. At SAIA you can’t even add one if she has access to healthcare through her employer. The only way you can add her is if she’s a stay at home mom and they have ways of finding out if that’s the case. IMO, they’d be lucky to break even. One heart surgery could be 200K plus. Just a few days in the hospital could be 50K. Not a good business to be in these days until the government reigns in healthcare cost.
Well you have 450000 employees world wide and you are collecting a insurance payment through the employee and some nations have a total different system than we have. You made money, second why would you be self insured to loose money. You would just offer what plan alacart the insurance company provides

Well you have 450000 employees world wide and you are collecting a insurance payment through the employee and some nations have a total different system than we have. You made money, second why would you be self insured to loose money. You would just offer what plan alacart the insurance company provides
We can agree to just disagree and leave it at that.

Really? Did you just say that? Your Government, and the regulations they impose, is exactly what drive up costs. And they do it every step of the way.
Right now you’re probably thinking I’m a Bernie Sanders supporter. Well, I’m not. I’m a hard core Trump supporter. I’m just saying something needs to be done. It’s a problematic issue. How would you propose reigning in the massive healthcare cost we have in America?

Right now you’re probably thinking I’m a Bernie Sanders supporter. Well, I’m not. I’m a hard core Trump supporter. I’m just saying something needs to be done. It’s a problematic issue. How would you propose reigning in the massive healthcare cost we have in America?
X2

I’d like to see his response. He always bags on me but provides no solutions.

Copied form the other post:

"...by getting Government out of healthcare, as much as possible.

Regulations drive prices higher, as does litigation."

"Perhaps if we let the market dictate things, rather than Government, then I could by a policy that doesn't cover pregnancy, Drug Rehab, or so called children up to 26 years of age. That alone would lower my cost, since I don't want or need such coverage."

That's enough for now. Next we could talk about the regulations that increase the cost of Rx. Want to? Another day?

That’s not a response. You pretty much said let the market dictate costs. That is not a solution.
It is a solution if the Gov. gets out of the way, and let's me buy a policy that suits me. Rather than force insurance companies cover things I don't want/need.

On the actual healthcare cost itself, again Government regulations effect cost. Some of that is for the greater good (safety), some is simply to cater to special interest of one sort or another. Lawyers, Manufacturers, etc. Think campaign donations, and the (overused) term of the day "quid pro quo".

Health insurance companies are greedy and left to their own accord, naturally they'll want to maximize profits.

Usually they have rules and regulations hidden in pages and pages of small prints to benefit themselves.

Without goverment regulations, healthcare insurance used to have a lifetime x$ limit.

(Past experience, i had employee provided insurance with a $1million lifetime limit)

Without government regulation pre existing conditions were not covered.

(Past experience my claim was rejected unless Dr signed off that this was not a pre existing condition).

These regulations are probably not a priority for you now in good health but i am sure one day in the future you will realize why we need them.

There are more regulations. Just look them up and then with an open mind decide if they are important to you.

The caveat is these things raises heath insurance premiums.

Copied form the other post:

"...by getting Government out of healthcare, as much as possible.

Regulations drive prices higher, as does litigation."

"Perhaps if we let the market dictate things, rather than Government, then I could by a policy that doesn't cover pregnancy, Drug Rehab, or so called children up to 26 years of age. That alone would lower my cost, since I don't want or need such coverage."

That's enough for now. Next we could talk about the regulations that increase the cost of Rx. Want to? Another day?
Health insurance companies are greedy and left to their own accord, naturally they'll want to maximize profits.

Usually they have rules and regulations hidden in pages and pages of small prints to benefit themselves.

Without goverment regulations, healthcare insurance used to have a lifetime x$ limit.

(Past experience, i had employee provided insurance with a $1million lifetime limit)

(Past experience my claim was rejected unless Dr signed off that this was not a pre existing condition).

These regulations are probably not a priority for you now in good health but i am sure one day in the future you will realize why we need them.

There are more regulations. Just look them up and then with an open mind decide if they are important to you.

It’s a double edged sword IMO... As far as pharmaceutical companies which Swamp is basically talking about I can say R&D cost them billions and they need some way to recover their cost. How much do you think it cost them to develop the drug that cures Hep C ? All the new HIV drugs didn’t develop themselves. It’s a business like anything else and if you limit there cost then you limit innovative new drugs being developed through R&D that could someday cure cancer. The cynics will say they already have a cure for cancer but don’t want it on the market because it would affect the bottom line on other cancer drugs. I’m not defending these greedy pharmaceutical companies and I am saying there needs to be some form of checks and balances but all of it is so problematic with no easy answers and to place all the blame on the government just isn’t fair. One of the biggest problems I have with pharmaceutical companies is their products sell for dirt cheap in other countries. They **** America.

Last edited:
Prices only go up when the government gets involved. Free market capitalism is what drives prices down.
It’s more complicated than that. In theory you are correct but there a too many factors to consider to just throw a broad blanket over the healthcare issue. Doctors...hospitals...RX... etc.

It’s more complicated than that. In theory you are correct but there a too many factors to consider to just throw a broad blanket over the healthcare issue. Doctors...hospitals...RX... etc.

I agree with that, but insurance got more expensive and covered a lot less under the affordable health care act. Instead of companies fighting for our business we're fighting for there's and that's a bad thing.

I agree with that, but insurance got more expensive and covered a lot less under the affordable health care act. Instead of companies fighting for our business we're fighting for there's and that's a bad thing.
Agreed.... Doctor’s and hospital’s and pharmaceutical companies need to be held accountable. They will probably only comply with some sort of legislation. Not sure of the correct answer honestly.

A couple things to add clarity.

Insurance company profit MARGINS are heavily regulated. They are LIMITED by law. Health insurance had the narrowest range of 4% to 5.25%.
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/052515/what-usual-profit-margin-company-insurance-sector.asp#targetText=The insurance industry's net margin,of 4% to 5.25%.
How is that greedy?

Insurance that covers preexisting conditions, is not INSURANCE at all. It's a payment plan the forces others to share the burden, driving prices higher. How about we apply the same logic to Fire insurance, Flood insurance etc.?

IMHO, preexisting should only be covered at standard rates IF you never let your insurance laps. That could be moderated by pooling funds, much like auto insurance can cover the uninsureable via assigned risk pool, with higher premiums.

Yes, some regulation we like, and are needed. Others are not. Those cheaper countries you speak of have much less regulation. You can't have the best & safest without cost, especially when heavily regulated.