Yellow | Who has a choice to work OT ?? Thought every barn was being FORCED like Nashville !

scotmac0

TB Lurker
Credits
All this talk about who works over time and screws his fellow brother is PISSING me off !! Nashville barn has no choice WE ARE ALL FORCED on OT when ever the company says work it !! What barns have the choice and why is Nashville and I guess a few others are FORCED ??

I don't think anyone would be talking about the 2 hours yrc can force you every day, I think they are referring to barns that offer up to 6 hours o.t a day and 6th and 7th punch guys.we have guys that haven't taken a day off in months. do you really this is smart considering the financial shape of yrc?how about the guys that have 35-40 plus years in doing this? doesn't much sense when you can sit at home and collect a pension.

I don't think anyone would be talking about the 2 hours yrc can force you every day, I think they are referring to barns that offer up to 6 hours o.t a day and 6th and 7th punch guys.

Exactly. In KC 326 I believe they have the right to force us to 2 hrs OT, but to my knowledge they haven't done that in a very, very, very long time. And it's not like they would ever have to force anyone with all the greedy, 7-day wonder, cock gobbling OT wh0res that they have. Hell those POS* practically beg them for it.

Which brings me to another point. If the Union wanted to save jobs and the company wanted to save money then why hasn't there been a movement by any local to get rid of the OT before laid off rule when supplementing/complementing shifts.

*Turbo's famous acronym

All this talk about who works over time and screws his fellow brother is PISSING me off !! Nashville barn has no choice WE ARE ALL FORCED on OT when ever the company says work it !! What barns have the choice and why is Nashville and I guess a few others are FORCED ??
seems to me you need to ask who is running your local. / how many are active on your list and how many laidoff.

drivers get as much ot as they want, even six punches and more, until someone reports them to dot. if the ot drops off, the oldsters cry until there is a layoff to boost ot. dockmen get almost no ot. drivers can ride in circles, take walks, talk to each other, watch tv to get 10-11-12hours, whatever they want.
we wont enable the gps functions on the nextels, afraid we will have to fire too many drivers. worse yet , we have the three 100k plus supervisors, that do NOTHING.