Who has project cars?

Joseph1135

TB Veteran
Credits
Who here has project cars? Trucks? Motorcycles? You a GM guy or do you hide your head in shame when your Ford keeps breaking down? Hehe. Let’s see your projects. I have a 1970 Chevy C/10 and a 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix. Both are going to be cruisers but the Pontiac will hit the drag strip here and there.

Who here has project cars? Trucks? Motorcycles? You a GM guy or do you hide your head in shame when your Ford keeps breaking down? Hehe. Let’s see your projects. I have a 1970 Chevy C/10 and a 1984 Pontiac Grand Prix. Both are going to be cruisers but the Pontiac will hit the drag strip here and there.

Most of my vehicles are projects just to keep on the road. One has over 300K miles,(94 Silverado). I have an 83 2500 Chevrolet 4X4 I have intended to pull the 6.2 diesel out & replace with a built up gasoline engine. Still in the works. Seems that my children & neighbors take priority over my projects. Oh well, as long as there is a tomorrow I will eventually get-r done.

'64 Cheby El Camino. Under 100,000 miles. It'll have to be a Frame Off "Project" and we cannot "see" doing such. We don't have a Garage and having a quality shop do a resto would be at minimum, 30k. We'll sell it yet I ain't running an ad.

[Rant]
Whatsamatta Ford?
You have some bad times or "can't drive a Ford from being ashamed"?
What would it be if/when a Ford left/leaves ya in the dust on a street/strip eh?!
[/Rant]
You do know the first Ford Engine was supplied by the Dodge Brothers yes?
Proves Henry Ford was a bit Dodgy.
EVERY Manufacturer has had some "problem constructs", so what.
- - -
I've had more of Ford than any other Make. My next Car or Truck will be a Ford.
Me Parents, Sister and I went across this country twice in a '65 Ford Mustang Coupe in '68. Kookafornia to NC turn.
I believe it had a 289 with a C-4 into a Pegleg.
No problems just Gas-n-Go!
- - -
We have the Elky, 2000 Saturn LS1, 2016 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport (not the turbo model).
All 3 were Made In America!

Thanks Joseph1135!
CHEERS!!

'64 Cheby El Camino. Under 100,000 miles. It'll have to be a Frame Off "Project" and we cannot "see" doing such. We don't have a Garage and having a quality shop do a resto would be at minimum, 30k. We'll sell it yet I ain't running an ad.

[Rant]
Whatsamatta Ford?
You have some bad times or "can't drive a Ford from being ashamed"?
What would it be if/when a Ford left/leaves ya in the dust on a street/strip eh?!
[/Rant]
You do know the first Ford Engine was supplied by the Dodge Brothers yes?
Proves Henry Ford was a bit Dodgy.
EVERY Manufacturer has had some "problem constructs", so what.
- - -
I've had more of Ford than any other Make. My next Car or Truck will be a Ford.
Me Parents, Sister and I went across this country twice in a '65 Ford Mustang Coupe in '68. Kookafornia to NC turn.
I believe it had a 289 with a C-4 into a Pegleg.
No problems just Gas-n-Go!
- - -
We have the Elky, 2000 Saturn LS1, 2016 Hyundai Sante Fe Sport (not the turbo model).
All 3 were Made In America!

Thanks Joseph1135!
CHEERS!!
We need pics. 64 El Camino is a bad ass. We’re also doing a 79 ElCo right now
Gn6nrN4.jpg

My daily driver is a BRG 1966 MGB.
Replaced U joints and gave him a tune up and oil change last weekend. Sprucing up amotor I built back in ‘80. Gonna drop it in my ‘67 BGT, add an O/D, then see if we can make it to all four corners of the lower 48.

Tear down of the C/10 has commenced. I’ve always wanted one and now have one, it’s going to be fun to bring it back to greatness once again. These, in my opinion were the coolest of the old Chevy trucks.
9lWInHb.jpg

8ZhQuGS.jpg

2ZFl3xL.jpg

i wish i had a huge garage, not Jay leno huge, but big enough for all the equipment and for about 4 vehicles to be worked on when waiting for parts, or body work to be done on another.

i had almost all my tools years ago, and got rid of many, but had i had that garage, i'd have also kept all those (now) very expensive tools...

We need pics. 64 El Camino is a bad ass. We’re also doing a 79 ElCo right now
The '64 ELKY offered 3 engine options and ours is a 250 Horse.
Top 'O The Line was the 327 350 Horse High Performance. (wonder how many are still around)

[Rant]It's interesting that you claim FORD is bad yet you'll allow a FORD P.U. to move G.M. Parts, so go figure.[/Rant]

That Cheby P.U. appears to offer a LOT of Frame Rust and, I'm sure, Inside Panel Rust, which should make for a wonderful overhaul.
Where didja find it? Under a Tarp?
- - - -
Relax Mate, just stretching your Timing Chain.
GEARS and CHEERS!!

Last edited:
The '64 ELKY offered 3 engine options and ours is a 250 Horse.
Top 'O The Line was the 327 350 Horse High Performance. (wonder how many are still around)

[Rant]It's interesting that you claim FORD is bad yet you'll allow a FORD P.U. to move G.M. Parts, so go figure.[/Rant]

That Cheby P.U. appears to offer a LOT of Frame Rust and, I'm sure, Inside Panel Rust, which should make for a wonderful overhaul.
Where didja find it? Under a Tarp?
- - - -
Relax Mate, just stretching your Timing Chain.
GEARS and CHEERS!!

I had a 64 Impala SS 327/ 300hp 4 spd, ran like an airplane, get 20 mpg, first car I had with AC

I believe, like Corvette, many of the High Powered G.M. and other Vehicle Options had standard Front Disc, cause Drums would just heat up and fade.
- - - -
Back when fueling was FUN: "Give me $2.00 worth" and the Attendants checked under the Hood, washed the front and back glass and may even have checked Tire pressures before Full Service Lanes (according to my accessible memory).

I believe, like Corvette, many of the High Powered G.M. and other Vehicle Options had standard Front Disc, cause Drums would just heat up and fade.
- - - -
Back when fueling was FUN: "Give me $2.00 worth" and the Attendants checked under the Hood, washed the front and back glass and may even have checked Tire pressures before Full Service Lanes (according to my accessible memory).

You're right about all the service, my uncle ran the Esso service station across from the old Charlotte fairgrounds
they washed cars all day on Sat. for $1.
If they failed to ask to check your oil, your gas was free.