Yellow | Who is buying yrc this week?

Who will it be?

• Total voters
Most of the LTL carriers
Most of the LTL carriers basted out of FT.Wayne bought Studebakers because thats where they built Studebakers. BTW Dodge trucks were very popular with truck lines back in my day .

Did you ever drive a daycab 3 axle, 8v71, we had about 200 for a year, nightmare, seat was a crate, exhaust like
jet engine, when it rained, more water was inside than out.
I think Dodge got out of the big truck market after that.

Did you ever drive a daycab 3 axle, 8v71, we had about 200 for a year, nightmare, seat was a crate, exhaust like
jet engine, when it rained, more water was inside than out.
I think Dodge got out of the big truck market after that.
Wasn't the Big Horn the last big truck Dodge built?

You got it.

"In the early 70s design began on what would become the largest and last Dodge Class 8 Tractor, the CNT-950, or the “Bighorn”. Introduced in 1973, only 261 of these trucks would be built. It was at this time that Dodge threw in the towel, and all heavy duty truck production ceased in 1975. Production figures tell the story, with 10 Sold in the US and Canada for 1973, 116 in 1974, and 135 sold for the final year of 1975."

http://hooniverse.com/2009/11/28/dodge-ram-heavy-duty-trucks-an-idea-worth-repeating/

test1.jpg

Yes it was. Most LTL companies did not use them but they used a lot of single axle dodges for city work . Yellow had a couple of city straight job Dodges but not tractors . Chevy had the Bison that was the competition . Yellow did have a few of then in the early 70's.

You got it.

"In the early 70s design began on what would become the largest and last Dodge Class 8 Tractor, the CNT-950, or the “Bighorn”. Introduced in 1973, only 261 of these trucks would be built. It was at this time that Dodge threw in the towel, and all heavy duty truck production ceased in 1975. Production figures tell the story, with 10 Sold in the US and Canada for 1973, 116 in 1974, and 135 sold for the final year of 1975."

http://hooniverse.com/2009/11/28/dodge-ram-heavy-duty-trucks-an-idea-worth-repeating/

test1.jpg
Dodge "doubled down" on the ugly...…..

Didn't McLean have Dodge's? Seem to recall them having city units that looked like something out of a Russian tractor factory

You got it.

test1.jpg

WOW does it come in white and have a tag axle?

Tri answered that for you, Ours was short nose pusher axles, first 50 had the stacks bolted to the cab,noise was unreal, union made them park those until they were removed and bolted to the frame..
Air shields were bolted to the cab top with no interior braces and split the top the first week, they never stopped the leaks.
the engineers that designed those things should be shot with crap and killed for stinking.

Yes it was. Most LTL companies did not use them but they used a lot of single axle dodges for city work . Yellow had a couple of city straight job Dodges but not tractors . Chevy had the Bison that was the competition . Yellow did have a few of then in the early 70's.

We had a few 3 axle city tractors with triple nickle V6 Cummins, don't know if they were screws or pushers.

When I worked for Ryder in 1979 they had one Dodge tag axle with a Cummins and a 10 speed. Top speed was around 50. Also McClean had several single axles they ran on routes. They were real pos

When I worked for Ryder in 1979 they had one Dodge tag axle with a Cummins and a 10 speed. Top speed was around 50. Also McClean had several single axles they ran on routes. They were real pos

Probably the same thing Charl. had, I think they were pushers or screws, not tags.

So according the the voter Poll on page 1, Joes Liquor store & barber shop was going to buy us out , did that deal ever go threw ? or is the jury still out ??