XPO | Who Is Running Linehaul?

I’m not from a small terminal , linehaul will leave a driver set , and a full trailer of freight , if it can’t be covered by a via, will not run a driver with one and a empty, do it with our daylanes too, this is going on at big and small terminals and not just the northeast , I’m in the Midwest.
Our manager said if the trailers aren’t at least 90% loaded they will be sitting until that # or more is met ! One of our linehaul guys about 2 1/2 months ago came back with one and a empty and was pissed off cause there was a 60% load sitting there and they wouldn’t release it . I am quite sure we had pissed off customers over that deal from what I remember . Service the customer ! They pay our wages ! Oh , wait a minute this is XPO , it’s how much can we F the customer !

Oh I know why you started this thread.The company is sitting drivers and leaving freight behind.I'm asking is this USA wide or a small terminal every now and then? We never sit anyone and the only reason we leave freight behind is because of a severe shortage of drivers,not because they sit drivers. Obviously your a small terminal and are not busy.you make it sound like the whole company is going to hell. If I wasn't such a dumbass I would question what a DSR from a small terminal would hope to achieve by calling linehaul???

they are laying drivers off at a lot of terminals! But then rehiring dockworkers! Makes no sense! And yes they’re leaving freight behind for unknown proposes! When someone says just “shut up and drive the freight” it’s pitiful to me that people let good things die! And yes the company is going under. Hate to say it!

they are laying drivers off at a lot of terminals! But then rehiring dockworkers! Makes no sense! And yes they’re leaving freight behind for unknown proposes! When someone says just “shut up and drive the freight” it’s pitiful to me that people let good things die! And yes the company is going under. Hate to say it!
If and when they do lay off drivers, They are given the option to take a cut in pay and work the dock. For obvious reasons the drivers leave, therefore they need need to hire dockworkers.Once again I work in an area where we are slammed with freight, so I really don’t know what area you’re from. I figure you’re from a small isolated terminal??? As far as the company going under,we must work for different a XPO. FYI We do have slow periods and busy in this industry.Just saying

If and when they do lay off drivers, They are given the option to take a cut in pay and work the dock. For obvious reasons the drivers leave, therefore they need need to hire dockworkers.Once again I work in an area where we are slammed with freight, so I really don’t know what area you’re from. I figure you’re from a small isolated terminal??? As far as the company going under,we must work for different a XPO. FYI We do have slow periods and busy in this industry.Just saying
I work at a medium sized barn and they played of several a few months ago and never replaced them with anyone. It's very common to not work guys and leave loads sit at our place or ever ar a Fac. And we have customers complain all the time about how bad our service is.

To anyone in linehaul and/or upper management - customers look up pro numbers ( those yellow stickers that drivers and customers place on the freight )

Customers ( the people that pay the bills ) can see where the freight is and how long it's been there by tracking the pro numbers.

Customers don't like their freight being trapped in a trailer in a yard not moving. Customers can take their business elsewhere if they aren't happy with the service ( or lack thereof ) that XPO provides.

Merry Christmas for the info XPO management.

Because you are short staffed doesn’t mean you are slammed with freight , means xpo is **** poor at moving such freight, and companies like saia are growing ever more into the northeast, xpo is not a premier carrier, but they want to charge like one. It won’t be long and the ltl division will be all o/o or shut down , they have all ready sold off terminals and are sucking every penny out of this place they can, either way it can’t continue like this , they do not want to own trucks and have all the drivers, it will not end good for us.

To anyone in linehaul and/or upper management - customers look up pro numbers ( those yellow stickers that drivers and customers place on the freight )

Customers ( the people that pay the bills ) can see where the freight is and how long it's been there by tracking the pro numbers.

Customers don't like their freight being trapped in a trailer in a yard not moving. Customers can take their business elsewhere if they aren't happy with the service ( or lack thereof ) that XPO provides.

Merry Christmas for the info XPO management.
We all know that each piece of freight that moves through our system has a “service due date”. I’m not saying it isn’t happening, but the only reason I leave freight behind at the fac is be the freight is not due to make service that day. We move a lot of two day freight that we leave behind if we can’t fit it, but that’s about it. Obviously we do go “over” sometimes, but generally the freight gets moved the day it gets picked up and delivered the day it is due. I think it’s a shame if that doesn’t happen because yes, without servicing our customer, we don’t have a job.

We all know that each piece of freight that moves through our system has a “service due date”. I’m not saying it isn’t happening, but the only reason I leave freight behind at the fac is be the freight is not due to make service that day. We move a lot of two day freight that we leave behind if we can’t fit it, but that’s about it. Obviously we do go “over” sometimes, but generally the freight gets moved the day it gets picked up and delivered the day it is due. I think it’s a shame if that doesn’t happen because yes, without servicing our customer, we don’t have a job.
Last time we went over quartet results xpo was running at 94% on time, o.d. Was 99, saia was 98, shippers look at that to negotiate price, and weather to ship with you if service is a issue, 15yrs ago someone would be fired for that number, most of our customers remember, we had premium service, adding days to service date is a accounting scheme, if you don’t have service you only have price to negotiate with, as you can see with our equipment, terminals, etc. it will get worse for employees the longer xpo operates like this.

Last time we went over quartet results xpo was running at 94% on time, o.d. Was 99, saia was 98, shippers look at that to negotiate price, and weather to ship with you if service is a issue, 15yrs ago someone would be fired for that number, most of our customers remember, we had premium service, adding days to service date is a accounting scheme, if you don’t have service you only have price to negotiate with, as you can see with our equipment, terminals, etc. it will get worse for employees the longer xpo operates like this.
True that we used to be the best of the best. Charging a premium for our service, faster then everyone else. Too bad that’s not the case anymore. We no longer (and haven’t for a long time) have any advantage over our competition. With a few changes at the top, we could easily be on top again. Well, maybe not easily!

Every now and then I use this site to get information as to what is going on with our company.90% of the time I read some morons comments on how to change the way we do things.This is par for the coarse and I can ignore this.As far as working the dock,I like it and this is why I work here.What I don't understand is why all you people who bitch about the way we do things,just don't move on to a company that suits your needs,instead of being stressed out all the time????? Who are you to thing it's about you? Just saying LMAO
Without a doubt one of the best posts I have read. I ask those same questions every time I come here.

It’s ALL about the numbers . Not the customers, not future business not employees. O/R is king . Low o/r attracts new investors. New investors = higher stock price . Higher stock price = more money for Jacobs. S I M P L E

I can see reading comprehension is not your strong point.

Often times the people that claim everyone else has chicken little syndrome, are the ones acting like an ostrich with its head in the ground. If they refuse to see it or accept it. It’s not there and it can’t hurt them.

We had at least two drivers leaving with sets going somewhere Saturday morning. I also anticipate more loads left behind this week with the holiday Wednesday, no linehaul Tuesday and bad weather across the country. I’m thinking New England will run full FAC’s this Saturday. Time will tell.

We had at least two drivers leaving with sets going somewhere Saturday morning. I also anticipate more loads left behind this week with the holiday Wednesday, no linehaul Tuesday and bad weather across the country. I’m thinking New England will run full FAC’s this Saturday. Time will tell.
We had loads left in our yard because the via drivers did not have equipment.

I wish we could focus on the customer and not numbers. I mean, there should be zero excuses for not getting caught up (for linehaul) over the weekend. I get the city is not able to do much on the weekend, though we do Saturday deliveries every week. Plenty of warehouse work on the weekend.