Who is the best LTL trucking company in the USA?

Jasonmx

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi Everyone,

Im new to the boards.

Who is the best LTL trucking company in the USA for Customer service? and do they deliver to all 50 states?

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the boards.

Who is the best LTL trucking company in the USA for Customer service? and do they deliver to all 50 states?

This one is strictly subjective but most of the major players deliver all 50 plus PR, CN, and Mexico. And they all probably interline with other carriers into and out of remote areas of the country(s).

There is no best. Only those who you shouldn't work for. All the good ones have their bad points. All the bad ones have their good point....easy to get on with.

Thanks for the replies :)

What would you recommend the top 5 companies for LTL companies for price/customer service and top 5 to work for? Be interesting if any of these line up.

What would you recommend the top 5 companies for LTL companies for price/customer service and top 5 to work for? Be interesting if any of these line up.
look buddy, come clean will you..??

are you looking for employment, or someone to ship some items for you..???

until YOU GET SPECIFIC.....how da hell do we give YOU THE PROPER ANSWERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET...?????

LTL Trucking is very competitive.... They are all very close in price and customer service......not really any significant differences between them in that regard....
As far as being employed at any of the major LTL Companies goes, they all serve the same markets and areas....they all basically have the same "hub and spoke" system of distribution and transportation of customer freight...and in order to remain competitive with each other, they all offer simular pay and benefit packages... Some companies you have to contribute more towards health insurance....others you don't...usually the difference between Union and Non-Union.. Work rules are usually different between Companies as well...some are better....some are not....but mostly it's a matter of personal perspective. There are employees at each of the major "players" in LTL that either "love" or "hate" the job..... But in any case, the top LTL companies are all better to work for than any of the Truckload carriers...as a general rule...and in my opinion, of course.....

Sorry guessing come to wrong place? we looking at shipping items around USA LTL, so was just trying to find out who you guys thought were best companies were.

LTL Trucking is very competitive.... They are all very close in price and customer service......not really any significant differences between them in that regard....
As far as being employed at any of the major LTL Companies goes, they all serve the same markets and areas....they all basically have the same "hub and spoke" system of distribution and transportation of customer freight...and in order to remain competitive with each other, they all offer simular pay and benefit packages... Some companies you have to contribute more towards health insurance....others you don't...usually the difference between Union and Non-Union.. Work rules are usually different between Companies as well...some are better....some are not....but mostly it's a matter of personal perspective. There are employees at each of the major "players" in LTL that either "love" or "hate" the job..... But in any case, the top LTL companies are all better to work for than any of the Truckload carriers...as a general rule...and in my opinion, of course.....
Well said.

Sorry guessing come to wrong place? we looking at shipping items around USA LTL, so was just trying to find out who you guys thought were best companies were.
I would stay away from 3pl's and go directly to the freight company. Who you choose for regional moves would depend on where you are located as some of the best at that only serve one region. On the others I would just shop prices with the major carriers and go from there, they are all pretty much the same from the customers' standpoint and I could relate horror stories to you on each and every one.

I would stay away from 3pl's and go directly to the freight company. Who you choose for regional moves would depend on where you are located as some of the best at that only serve one region. On the others I would just shop prices with the major carriers and go from there, they are all pretty much the same from the customers' standpoint and I could relate horror stories to you on each and every one.

Thanks for the advice, what are some names of some of these freight companies?

ABF, YRC, XPO, FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, Old Dominion should pretty much cover your needs for nationwide. Holland, New Penn, A Duie Pyle should cover some of your regional moves.

ABF, YRC, XPO, FedEx Freight, UPS Freight, Old Dominion should pretty much cover your needs for nationwide. Holland, New Penn, A Duie Pyle should cover some of your regional moves.

Thanks, really appreciate it, will look them up.

Whatever you do, don't trust your Freight with Roadrunner Transportation, unless your already shipping Damaged stuff:17142::17142:

L. T. L. isn't just restricted to L. T. L. companies as the LARGE Regional and Nationwide Carriers also do L.T. L., so with such reasoning, your "search" may well be extended and competitive pricing may well have jumped to another larger category.................or..................maybe not.
- - - -
Need to give pro1driver a break as he's had it severely rough since a on-the-job injury which, as it appears, has taken him out of Trucking as well the "*J-O-B Jail" world (*just over broke), and we're used to him and glad he's here since we all too whine about something.
- - - -
CHEERS!!