Who is working and where

Maverick for Temperature Control, quite a Promotion from Fuel Dude. I go out with my trainer within the next few days. Got my job offer yesterday.

Pyle had a small bump. I was told by someone in the know we were grabbing accounts for quite a long time before their demise.
No doubt the rest of the LTL world was doing the same. By the time NC went out, just not so good accounts were left

What carrier grabbed most of new century's freight?
I noticed a lot of Elite Transport trailers based out of Pennsauken NJ and US Logistics based out of Bellmawr NJ at a lot of ex NC customers ie Okidata in Mt Laurel, N.J. Heritage bag in Swedesboro,N.J. etc to name a few. The freight was all but a memory 48 to 72 hrs after there closure!

I think the owner was quoted as saying he would close it down before NC became union...I personally think they were on their way out but the union threat may have sped up the process.Just another boneyard now but I think most of the workers there will be better off in the long run.

Decision to close NCT was made 3 years ago,when Jefferies took control.Too much debt for it to ever be profitable.They attempted to sell it by reducing costs,by not replacing equipment and hiring cheaper labor.Best thing for Jefferies and its investors was to run it into the ground.Claim bankruptcy and walk away from loans.Fear of union was just an added excuse,without it company might have lasted another quarter or two.

Decision to close NCT was made 3 years ago,when Jefferies took control.Too much debt for it to ever be profitable.They attempted to sell it by reducing costs,by not replacing equipment and hiring cheaper labor.Best thing for Jefferies and its investors was to run it into the ground.Claim bankruptcy and walk away from loans.Fear of union was just an added excuse,without it company might have lasted another quarter or two.
A familiar scenario, Think I seen that happen before!!!!????

I think the owner was quoted as saying he would close it down before NC became union...I personally think they were on their way out but the union threat may have sped up the process.Just another boneyard now but I think most of the workers there will be better off in the long run.
True, no owner in this business desires to be in a union every union LTL carrier died and the remaining few are on life support.
Unions kill companies..