Who makes the call on when the warehouse starts production?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Today at work I got out of the yard in the morning oh 2-4 hours late depends who you ask. The warehouse was trying to cram 2 days worth of work into one day. Here is my thing, they had all day Sunday to fill orders and load trucks. So the delay this morning really didn't need to happen, so my question is, who is making these bogus calls as to when the warehouse should start and stop production? Furthermore things like that shouldn't happen, these companies have all been through this before, why can't they handle holiday weeks better?

Its a standard, we moved our cooler dock's start time earlier, it helped, I would guess the warehouse mgr got with his supervisors and came to that conclusion, the VP ops was involved as well I imagine. Sometimes we have bad nights, alot of guys call in, or alot of produce is having to be pulled, thats always the slowest pull as its hard to put together and remain damage free, I expect a number of things could happen, I'm not an operations guy, just a driver, so I'm only going off what I learned when I was spotting and getting to know their operation a little.