Who wants Premium Membership back?

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Jeff

Jeff Highly Trained Staff

Driver Since:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Just a FYI... Premium Membership works again
    Click on the top right of the forum on your name and select account upgrades.
    I offer this to those who just can't stand ads but still want to help the forum.
    I work the same job as everyone here and the ads pay for the server bill, the software I need, and the hardware I need to get the job done.
    Truckingboards will always be free as long as the ads pay for the place and they have done so consistently since 2004

Premium Membership removes all advertising from the forums. It is non subscription and you will never be auto billed. When your Premium runs out (4.95 for 1 month) they way you will be able to tell is the ads come back, if you want to sub for another month just repeat process.
    We do not promote or encourage anyone to pay for Premium Membership but the option is there if you want it

3. albag

albag Pray for peace! AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    It worked fine for me, thanks. BTW, Truckingboards has always been GREAT! :smilies 19296:

Jeff likes this.
  4. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Thanks to all of you who are using this...

Everything ok?

albag likes this.
  5. albag

Driver Since:
    It's working as it should. And I'm glad you shared the fact that SSD drives cannot have data recovered once they fail. If you remember, I had my IDE replaced with an SSD. Yesterday I went out and got a 1TB WD platter type back up drive. I hope the crash didn't set you back too much.

6. Jeff

Driver Since:
    Oh the FBI maybe able to recover data, probably not impossible but way above my pay grade.

The crash didn't cost me anything but a bunch of time fixing stuff but I could have lessened the impact, Lesson Learned.
    The people we lease the server from is responsible for all hardware failures as far as replacing, no extra cost

A server works way harder than a home pc... a server has thousands of requests per minute 24 hours a day 7 days a week so it has to be under more stress. Odds are you will never fry a SSD.. Thumb drives are so big now you can store mountains of data cheap

albag likes this.
  7. Jeff

Driver Since:

albag likes this.
  8. albag

Driver Since:
    Does the add free only work for PC. I am getting a notice to disable my ad blocker on my phone.

9. Jeff

Driver Since:
    I am looking into it now give me a few mins

albag likes this.
  10. albag

Driver Since:
    I switched browsers. On my phone from Safari to Edge. And the notice is gone.

11. Jeff

Driver Since:
    That should fix it

albag likes this.